What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This will be Tim McCarver's last season at FOX (1 Viewer)

There once was a time when he wasn't insufferable, merely annoying. He's clearly lost a step in recent years. He repeats himself and takes forever to get the point (on the occasions where he has a point to make). Fox hasn't done him any favors by teaming him with Joe Buck. McCarver is probably better suited to a three-man booth or a more talkative play-by-play voice at this stage of his career.

But he's had a good long run in the game and there will come a time soon where we'll miss his pontificating.

There is a God! Wish he would retire effective immediately though. Not sure if I can handle one more season of him.

I can't believe Buck and McCarver are still their go to announcers. Terrible.
Seriously. Buck isn't terrible I guess, but McCarver offers zero insight. Just a bunch if nonsensical ramblings.
McCarver has been watching the game long enough that he'll occasionally put forth a meaningful observation. The problem is it takes him forever to get to and eventually make his point. At this stage of his career, McCarver is the opposite of concise.

McCarver has gems every now and again but like Eeph said, it's wrapped around a bunch of garbage.

Buck is fine I guess for play by play, but I just wish at big moments he could suddenly morph into Gary Thorne. Better yet, I wish Gary Thorne did the games.

Tim McCarver left the Fox television booth after the World Series following his record-shattering 34-year run as a network baseball analyst. But he never said he was retiring from broadcasting.

Could his next stop be into the Cardinals’ announcer mix?

Sources said there have been discussions about him being a part of the team’s broadcasts next season, probably in a limited role.

Officials at Fox Sports Midwest, which has the Cardinals’ local TV rights, declined to comment. And Dan Farrell, the Cards senior vice president who oversees their broadcast operations, could not be reached.

McCarver, contacted Thursday, did not want to talk about any specific job possibilities for next season. But he did reiterate that he hasn’t retired at age 72.

“As I (said) this past summer I was not retiring — I never used that word,’’ he said. “And yet it was used all over the country’’ when his Fox run ended. “I can‘t quit cold turkey, (at least) I hope I can’t quit cold turkey. So we’ll see. I just don’t want to crawl in a hole some place for the rest of my life. That’s unrealistic.’’
seems like a waste of a perfectly good hole

I always liked McCarver. Yeah, he spews nonsense a lot, but it's somewhat soothing to hear his voice. One of the classic boys of summer.

Tim McCarver left the Fox television booth after the World Series following his record-shattering 34-year run as a network baseball analyst. But he never said he was retiring from broadcasting.

Sources said there have been discussions about him being a part of the team’s broadcasts next season, probably in a limited role.

Officials at Fox Sports Midwest, which has the Cardinals’ local TV rights, declined to comment. And Dan Farrell, the Cards senior vice president who oversees their broadcast operations, could not be reached.

McCarver, contacted Thursday, did not want to talk about any specific job possibilities for next season. But he did reiterate that he hasn’t retired at age 72.

“As I (said) this past summer I was not retiring — I never used that word,’’ he said. “And yet it was used all over the country’’ when his Fox run ended. “I can‘t quit cold turkey, (at least) I hope I can’t quit cold turkey. So we’ll see. I just don’t want to crawl in a hole some place for the rest of my life. That’s unrealistic.’’
:lmao:

Eephus said:

Believe it or not, he might be an improvement over the current Cards crew. Hard to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread