What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guardians of the Galaxy -- tracking at 100% on RottenTomatoes (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
I'm not a comic nerd and would have thought this thing would be a total piece of garbage, but I don't think I've ever seen a movie rating at 100% on RT. What's the deal here?

i know absolutely nothing about this movie but it's common for movie ratings to start out high then level off when the initial hype dies down

i know absolutely nothing about this movie but it's common for movie ratings to start out high then level off when the initial hype dies down
plus, the people who see these things early tend to be fanboys. Didn't Batman have a 100% for a while? maybe it was just high 90s. But it fell after a few weeks.

Where is this open?

I think the marketing on this his been superb. If you think about it, we've been seeing longer and longer previews well before the movie is set to come out. I'd bet they realized that this comic isn't really mainstream so they've been orienting us with it a little at a time. Plus the overall style where you can tell the movie doesn't take itself very seriously. And the music in the trailers has been awesome as well.

Well done Marvel. If they can turn GOTG into a hit, they can pretty much market anything.

i know absolutely nothing about this movie but it's common for movie ratings to start out high then level off when the initial hype dies

down
plus, the people who see these things early tend to be fanboys. Didn't Batman have a 100% for

a while? maybe it was just high 90s. But it fell after a few weeks.

Where is this open?
Batman (assuming you mean the new ones) was really good though.

My five yr old wants to see this and already has two rocket raccoon toys and a groot toy. So im gonna have to read how the reviews for children are.

It better be funny because the trailers are selling it as a comedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
from imdb parents guide

Sex & Nudity

We briefly see putting on her jacket. Breasts are visible for 3 seconds. is shirtless throughout the whole movie. outfit shows some cleavage. is seen in his underwear briefly in one scene.

Violence & Gore

Too many spoilers-deleted

Profanity

mouths the F Word in one scene. Infrequent uses of '####,' '****,' '#######,' and '#####.'

plus the jizz joke

Frightening/Intense Scenes

Oodles

With 25 reviews in at RT, that bodes well.

It says PG-13 for "intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for some language."

Once it hits the PG-13 level it's pretty clear it's not for the 5 yo G-rated Pixar crowd. Really no need to include so many plot details and spoilers. :thumbdown:

Once it hits the PG-13 level it's pretty clear it's not for the 5 yo G-rated Pixar crowd. Really no need to include so many plot details and spoilers. :thumbdown:
cripes ####er i removed the spoilers 30 seconds after i posted ittotally scrubbed now

As far as a cum joke goes, if you have to worry about your 5 - 10 year old understanding that, you have bigger fish to fry.

My five yr old wants to see this and already has two rocket raccoon toys and a groot toy. So im gonna have to read how the reviews for children are.
I'm in the same boat, my boy just turned 8 and is non-stop asking me to go see this. At least it's getting good ratings.

We just watched The Wolverine a few weeks back and I was a little surprised to see what passes at the PG-13 level.

I wish these superhero movies were toned down a bit for the younger viewers. But I'll probably still end up taking him to the Guardians movie.

I'm in the same boat, my boy just turned 8 and is non-stop asking me to go see this. At least it's getting good ratings.We just watched The Wolverine a few weeks back and I was a little surprised to see what passes at the PG-13 level.

I wish these superhero movies were toned down a bit for the younger viewers. But I'll probably still end up taking him to the Guardians movie.
not al pg-13s are the same imo. Avengers and spiderman 2 were perfectly fine for my 5 yr old but id never let him watch The Wolverine or Iron Man 3. So i basically evaluate each movie separately.

NewlyRetired said:
Slapdash said:
Surprised by this, previews look terrible.
Most fans were a bit afraid when the first trailer was released but they absolutely nailed the second trailer and it has gained near non stop momentum since then.
:goodposting: My first thought when I saw the very first trailer was..... What the ??

A few trailers later, and my daughters excitement to see it, has me ready to grab a box of :popcorn: and enjoy the ride.

Is this supposed to be total camp? How does this relate to the rest of the MCU?
light spoilers for how it ties in. This is not confirmed, just how people think it will all tie together

Avengers is building towards a story line with Thanos in Avengers 3 (you saw him at the end of Avengers 1 in the during credits scene)

Thanos will eventually make a weapon that can kill Avengers called the Infinity Gauntlet

The Infinity Gauntlet will be made up of special materials called Infinity Stones

One of these stones is the Teseract, which is held on Thor's world and has appeared in a few movies now.

Another of these materials is called the Aether, which was a big part of Thor A Dark World. At the end of Thor A Dark World, it was transported to The Collector for safe keeping

The Collector will be a character in Guardians

As always watch the during/after credits scene to see how this movie will continue to tie into the overall story line

NewlyRetired said:
Slapdash said:
Surprised by this, previews look terrible.
Most fans were a bit afraid when the first trailer was released but they absolutely nailed the second trailer and it has gained near non stop momentum since then.
:goodposting: My first thought when I saw the very first trailer was..... What the ??

A few trailers later, and my daughters excitement to see it, has me ready to grab a box of :popcorn: and enjoy the ride.
nothing better than sharing these with your kids :) My daughter and I will be front of the line on Friday :)

I saw a 17 minute IMAX preview of it a few weeks ago. Those 17 minutes were better than any whole movie I've seen all year. This is THE movie your kids will love as Star Wars was to us. It feels like Star Wars meets Indiana Jones. I have tickets ready for Thursday night at 8:00 to take my kid. I CAN'T WAIT.

I can't believe that because of this thread, I'm going to see a movie that stars Bautista and Vin Diesel as a tree. :mellow:

I can't believe that because of this thread, I'm going to see a movie that stars Bautista and Vin Diesel as a tree. :mellow:
The funniest thing about Batista is that his race doesn't understand sarcasm. They take everything literal. It makes for some extremely funny lines and his comedic timing was surprisingly good. I already want to dress up as Groot and Rocket with my son for Halloween this year.

Users who are viewing this thread