What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where's the SEC in the NFL? (2 Viewers)

gcoast3

Footballguy
Very few SEC players at the the top of the NFL. Are we being misled?Qb's Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Luck, RGIII, Ryan, Flacco, Romo, Wilson, Kaepernick, BradfordRb's ADP, Rice, MJD, Martin, Lynch, Gore, Foster, Bush, Morris, Spiller, CJ2K, Forte, Bradshaw, SJax, McCoy, CharlesWr's Megatron, AJohnson, Marshall, VJax, Thomas, Bryant, Wayne, Welker, WhiteJJ Watt, Wake, Matthews, Miller are the Sack leadersKuechly, Bowman, Greenway tackle leadersNone of these players were SEC when they came to the NFL...I guess I am tired of hearing about all non-SEC players not ready for the NFL.

p peterson, claiborne, newton, harvin, bowe, ridley, richarson off the top of my head.
Basically, I took the names from the stat leaders from CBSSports.com. No doubt these players are good, but the SEC does not dominate the NFL.The media (espn) would like us to believe the world of football would not exist without the SEC.

p peterson, claiborne, newton, harvin, bowe, ridley, richarson off the top of my head.
Basically, I took the names from the stat leaders from CBSSports.com. No doubt these players are good, but the SEC does not dominate the NFL.The media (espn) would like us to believe the world of football would not exist without the SEC.your list is missing quite a few big names and largely ignores the OL and defensive side of things--where there is a bevy of SEC talent. The link below is an overview of the past 10 years of SEC players transitioning to the NFL. A look at the draft summaries for each year is staggering considering these players came from 1 conference. Take for example 2011. 5 of the 1st 6 picks of the 2011 draft played in the SEC in college and the one guy who didn't, Von Miller's alma mater now plays in the SEC--so that's all 6 players who played for a school that's now in the SEC. Newton, Miller, Dareus, Green, Peterson, Jones. Those guys are legit too. The SEC's dominance isn't just a product of media hype. http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/08/sec-ten-year-nfl-draft-conference-case-study.html/2

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply look at previous draft charts to see how terribly flawed this post is.
Just the facts...go ahead and give us a some great SEC QB's? Who did I miss?Manning, Manning, Newton, Stafford, Cutler--all as good or better than Bradford & Romo
This. OP, just take a gander at the link provided a couple posts up

Basically, I took the names from the stat leaders from CBSSports.com. No doubt these players are good, but the SEC does not dominate the NFL.The media (espn) would like us to believe the world of football would not exist without the SEC.The media cares if they went to the SEC? Oh, and the Manning brothers

Basically, I took the names from the stat leaders from CBSSports.com. No doubt these players are good, but the SEC does not dominate the NFL.The media (espn) would like us to believe the world of football would not exist without the SEC.The station that paid 2.25 BILLION DOLLARS for SEC rights has a bias? When will people stop polluting their minds by consuming what the crap factory in Bristol produces?

The SEC is pumping players into the NFL, but I do get how some people would question the media hype. Look at the key players in the Super Bowl, there are certainly SEC players playing important roles but overall it is far from a landslide.

Just the facts...go ahead and give us a some great SEC QB's? Who did I miss?
Manning, Manning, Newton, Stafford, Cutler--all as good or better than Bradford & Romo
This. OP, just take a gander at the link provided a couple posts upThank you. You are making my point. The SEC is a lot of hype. No doubt they have good players, but the SEC has not produced the Best QB, RB, Wr, Sack Leader, Leading Tackler...etc.Alabama, LSU & Florida have been good over the last decade and espn tries to convince the country that all the SEC is doing great. Sorry...

Basically, I took the names from the stat leaders from CBSSports.com. No doubt these players are good, but the SEC does not dominate the NFL.The media (espn) would like us to believe the world of football would not exist without the SEC.
The station that paid 2.25 BILLION DOLLARS for SEC rights has a bias? When will people stop polluting their minds by consuming what the crap factory in Bristol produces?They pay for rights for everything and hype everything. They hype senior bowling. No one pays attention to them anymore.

Manning, Manning, Newton, Stafford, Cutler--all as good or better than Bradford & Romo
This. OP, just take a gander at the link provided a couple posts upThank you. You are making my point. The SEC is a lot of hype. No doubt they have good players, but the SEC has not produced the Best QB, RB, Wr, Sack Leader, Leading Tackler...etc.Alabama, LSU & Florida have been good over the last decade and espn tries to convince the country that all the SEC is doing great. Sorry...The Sec dominates college football. I really haven't heard anyone say they dominate pro football. Now you may think 7 straight isn't domination.

This. OP, just take a gander at the link provided a couple posts upThank you. You are making my point. The SEC is a lot of hype. No doubt they have good players, but the SEC has not produced the Best QB, RB, Wr, Sack Leader, Leading Tackler...etc.Alabama, LSU & Florida have been good over the last decade and espn tries to convince the country that all the SEC is doing great. Sorry...Ummm... the SEC did produce the best QB. Also, the best pass-rusher per PFR comes from a school now in the SEC, and the SEC doesn't have the best WR, but it has three of the top 5 in Green, Julio, and Harvin.

The station that paid 2.25 BILLION DOLLARS for SEC rights has a bias? When will people stop polluting their minds by consuming what the crap factory in Bristol produces?They pay for rights for everything and hype everything. They hype senior bowling. No one pays attention to them anymore.You can't possibly be comparing the hype for the SEC to the hype for...bowling? They have commercials for bowling, but almost never mention it on the air. Meanwhile, they base all-day programming around pushing the SEC, to almost a cult-like extent. And people who still watch ESPN by habit regurgitate it in a similar fashion.

The station that paid 2.25 BILLION DOLLARS for SEC rights has a bias? When will people stop polluting their minds by consuming what the crap factory in Bristol produces?
They pay for rights for everything and hype everything. They hype senior bowling. No one pays attention to them anymore.You can't possibly be comparing the hype for the SEC to the hype for...bowling? They have commercials for bowling, but almost never mention it on the air. Meanwhile, they base all-day programming around pushing the SEC, to almost a cult-like extent. And people who still watch ESPN by habit regurgitate it in a similar fashion.Sarcasm. Rating ESPN hype is a worthless exercise in my opinion

Oh, I get it.DELAWARE IZ A QB FACTORIE!That seems more appropriate for this thread.Yes Delaware is a Super Bowl QB producing machine with Flacco & Gannon. Grossman was an ok SEC representative.And so was Namath, Starr, Manning, Manning, Stabler, if we are counting.

Oh, I get it.DELAWARE IZ A QB FACTORIE!That seems more appropriate for this thread.
Yes Delaware is a Super Bowl QB producing machine with Flacco & Gannon. Grossman was an ok SEC representative.And so was Namath, Starr, Manning, Manning, Stabler, if we are counting.Nice players, but none are considered best of all-time by experts who know more than me or you...and that is ok.

Oh, I get it.DELAWARE IZ A QB FACTORIE!That seems more appropriate for this thread.Yes Delaware is a Super Bowl QB producing machine with Flacco & Gannon. Grossman was an ok SEC representative.I know this has already been stated - But what kind of representative was Eli Manning (Ole Miss) or Peyton Manning (University of Tennessee). If we are talking history, how about Bart Starr (Alabama), Joe Namath (Alabama), Ken Stabler (Alabama).Overall players in the the NFL today? By my count 281 players out of 1696 players. That is roughly 16.5% of the NFL. Or 1 out of every 6 players. Alabama Crimson Tide – 23 playersMark Anderson, DE, New England PatriotsJavier Arenas, DB, Kansas City ChiefsAntione Caldwell, G, Houston TexansJames Carpenter, OL, Seattle SeahawksTerrence Cody, DT, Baltimore RavensMarcell Dareus, DT, Buffalo BillsBrandon Deaderick, DE, New England PatriotsWallace Giberry, DE, Kansas City ChiefsRoman Harper, S, New Orleans SaintsMark Ingram, RB, New Orleans SaintsKareem Jackson, DB, Houston TexansMike Johnson, G, Atlanta FalconsJarret Johnson, LB, Baltimore RavensRashad Johnson, S, Arizona CardinalsMarquis Johnson, DB, St. Louis RamsJulio Jones, WR, Atlanta FalconsEvan Mathis, G, Philadelphia EaglesLe’Ron McClain, RB, Kansas City ChiefsRolando McClain, LB, Oakland RaidersGreg McElroy, QB, New York JetsCharlie Peprah, QB, Green Bay PackersDeMeco Ryans, LB, Houston TexansAndre Smith, OL, Cincinnati BengalsArkansas Razorbacks – 15 playersJamaal Anderson, DE, Indianapolis ColtsNate Garner, OL, Miami DolphinsBrett Goode, LS, Green Bay PackersPeyton Hillis, RB, Cleveland BrownsChris Houston, DB, Detroit LionsFelix Jones, RB, Dallas CowboysDeMarcus Love, OL, Minnesota VikingsRyan Mallett, QB, New England PatriotsDarren McFadden, RB, Oakland RaidersJason Peters, OL, Philadelphia EaglesMitch Petrus, OL, New York GiantsMalcolm Sheppard, DT, Tennessee TitansBobbie Williams, OL, Cincinnati BengalsDJ Williams, TE, Green Bay PackersGeorge Wilson, S, Buffalo BillsAuburn Tigers – 28 playersDevin Aromashodu, WR, Minnesota VikingsRonnie Brown, RB, Philadelphia EaglesJason Campbell, QB, Oakland RaidersZach Clayton, DT, Tennessee TitansKarlos Dansby, LB, Miami DolphinsKing Dunlap, OL, Philadelphia EaglesNick Fairley, DT, Detroit LionsMario Fannin, RB, Denver BroncosTyronne Green, OL, San Diego ChargersQuentin Groves, LB, Oakland RaidersBen Grubbs, OL, Baltimore RavensWill Herring, LB, New Orleans SaintsSpencer Johnson, DE, Buffalo BillsPat Lee, DB, Green Bay PackersSen’Derrick Marks, DT, Tennessee TitansMarcus McNeill, OL, San Diego ChargersCam Newton, QB, Carolina PanthersBen Obomanu, WR, Seattle SeahawksJarraud Powers, DB, Indianapolis ColtsJay Ratliff, DT, Dallas CowboysCarlos Rogers, DB, San Francisco 49ersPat Sims, DT, Cincinnati BengalsTakeo Spikes, LB, San Diego ChargersBen Tate, RB, Houston TexansReggie Torbor, LB, Buffalo BillsJonathan Wilhite, CB, Denver BroncosCadillac Williams, RB, St Louis RamsLee Ziemba, OL, Carolina PanthersFlorida Gators – 32 playersAndre Caldwell, WR, Cincinnati BengalsCooper Carlise, OL, Oakland RaidersRiley Cooper, WR, Philadelphia EaglesJermaine Cunningham, LB, New England PatriotsAndra Davis, LB, Buffalo BillsCarlos Dunlap, DE, Cincinnati BengalsJabar Gaffney, WR, Washington RedskinsMarcus Gilbert, OL, Pittsburgh SteelersEarnest Graham, RB, Tampa Bay BuccaneersRex Grossman, QB, Washington RedskinsJoe Haden, DB, Cleveland BrownsDerrick Harvey, DE, Denver BroncosPercy Harvin, WR, Minnesota VikingsChas Henry, P, Philadelphia EaglesAaron Hernandez, TE, New England PatriotsRay McDonald, DL, San Francisco 49ersDrew Miller, C, St. Louis RamsJeremy Mincey, DE, Jacksonville JaguarsJarvis Moss, DE, Oakland RaidersLouis Murphy, WR, Oakland RaidersReggie Nelson, S, Cincinnati BengalsDavid Nelson, WR, Buffalo BillsMike Peterson, LB, Atlanta FalconsMarkice Pouncey, C, Pittsburgh SteelersMike Pouncey, C, Miami DolphinsBrandon Siler, LB, Kansas City ChiefsBrandon Spikes, LB, New England PatriotsTim Tebow, QB, Denver BroncosMarcus Thomas, DT, Denver BroncosJustin Trattou, DE, New York GiantsGerard Warren, DE, New England PatriotsMajor Wright, S, Chicago BearsGeorgia Bulldogs – 35 playersAsher Allen, CB, Minnesota VikingsGeno Atkins, DT, Cincinnati BengalsChamp Bailey, CB, Denver BroncosClint Boling, G, Cincinnati BengalsChris Clemons, DE, Seattle SeahawksThomas Davis, LB, Carolina PanthersAkeem Dent, LB, Atlanta FalconsDemarcus Dobbs, DT, San Francisco 49ersKris Durham, WR, Seattle SeahawksDannell Ellerbe, LB, Baltimore RavensDarryl Gamble, LB, San Diego ChargersRobert Geathers, DE, Cincinnati BengalsKedric Golston, DE, Washington RedskinsA.J. Green, WR, Cincinnati BengalsJustin Houston, LB, Kansas City ChiefsTim Jennings, CB, Chicago BearsCharles Johnson, DE, Carolina PanthersSean Jones, S, Tampa Bay BuccaneersReshad Jones, S, Miami DolphinsJohn Kasay, PK, New Orleans SaintsKregg Lumpkin, RB, Tampa Bay BuccaneersMohamed Massaquoi, WR, Cleveland BrownsRandy McMichael, TE, San Diego ChargersKnowshon Moreno, RB, Denver BroncosPaul Oliver, S, New Orleans SaintsLeonard Pope, TE, Kansas City ChiefsDennis Roland, OT, Cincinnati BengalsRichard Seymour, DT, Oakland RaidersMatthew Stafford, QB, Detroit LionsFernando Velasco, C, Tennessee TitansHines Ward, WR, Pittsburgh SteelersDanny Ware, RB, New York GiantsBenjamin Watson, TE, Cleveland BrownsWill Witherspoon, LB, Tennessee TitansJarius Wynn, DE, Green Bay PackersKentucky Wildcats – 12 playersRandall Cobb, WR, Green Bay PackersJohn Conner, FB, New York JetsJeremy Jarmon, DT, Denver BroncosSteve Johnson, WR, Buffalo BillsTrevard Lindley, CB, Philadelphia EaglesTim Masthay, P, Green Bay PackersCorey Peters, DT, Atlanta FalconsMyron Pryor, DR, New England PatriotsAlfonso Smith, RB, Arizona CardinalsJacob Tamme, TE, Indianapolis ColtsGarry Williams, OT, Carolina PanthersWesley Woodyard, LB, Denver BroncosLSU Tigers – 38 playersJoseph Addai, RB, Indianapolis ColtsJoe Barksdale, OT, Oakland RaidersDwayne Bowe, WR, Kansas City ChiefsRyan Clark, S, Pittsburgh SteelersTravis Daniels, CB, Kansas City ChiefsGlenn Dorsey, DE, Kansas City ChiefsEarly Doucet, WR, Arizona CardinalsKevin Faulk, RB, New England PatriotsMatt Flynn, QB, Green Bay PackersHoward Green, NT, Green Bay PackersChris Hawkins, CB, Tennessee TitansDevery Henderson, WR, New Orleans SaintsJacob Hester, FB, San Diego ChargersTyson Jackson, DE, Kansas City ChiefsBradie James, LB, Dallas CowboysRicky Jean Francois, DT, San Francisco 49ersQuinn Johnson, FB, Tennessee TitansDonnie Jones, P, St. Louis RamsBrandon LaFell, WR, Carolina PanthersLaRon Landry, S, Washington RedskinsNate Livings, G, Cincinnati BengalsTodd McClure, C, Atlanta FalconsDanny McCray, S, Dallas CowboysRichard Murphy, RB, Jacksonville JaguarsDrake Nevis, DT, Indianapolis ColtsStephen Peterman, G, Detroit LionsPatrick Peterson, CB, Arizona CardinalsStevan Ridley, RB, New England PatriotsPerry Riley, LB, Washington RedskinsKelvin Sheppard, LB, Buffalo BillsMarcus Spears, DE, Dallas CowboysCraig Steltz, S, Chicago BearsTerrence Toliver, WR, Houston TexansCorey Webster, CB, New York GiantsAndrew Whitworth, OT, Cincinnati BengalsKyle Williams, DT, Buffalo BillsKeiland Williams, RB, Detroit LionsAl Woods, DT, Seattle SeahawksMississippi State Bulldogs – 15 playersTitus Brown, LB, Cleveland BrownsJamar Chaney, LB, Philadelphia EaglesAnthony Dixon, RB, San Francisco 49ersMario Haggan, LB, Denver BroncosAntonio Johnson, DT, Indianapolis ColtsReggie Kelly, TE, Atlanta FalconsTommy Kelly, DT, Oakland RaidersKyle Love, DT, New England PatriotsPernell McPhee, DE, Baltimore RavensJerious Norwood, RB, St. Louis RamsDerek Sherrod, OL, Green Bay PackersDavid Stewart, OL, Tennessee TitansChris White, LB, Buffalo BillsFloyd Womack, OL, Arizona CardinalsKJ Wright, LB, Seattle SeahawksOle Miss Rebels – 21 playersStacy Andrews, OL, New York GiantsBenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, New England PatriotsBruce Hall, RB, Buffalo BillsGreg Hardy, DE, Carolina PanthersPeria Jerry, DT, Atlanta FalconsJohn Jerry, OL, Miami DolphinsKendrick Lewis, S, Kansas City ChiefsEli Manning, QB, New York GiantsDexter McCluster, RB, Kansas City ChiefsJayme Mitchell, DE, Cleveland BrownsMichael Oher, OL, Baltimore RavensAshlee Palmer, LB, Detroit LionsJermey Parnell, OL, Dallas CowboysJerrell Powe, NT, Kansas City ChiefsJamarca Sanford, S, Minnesota VikingsChris Spencer, C, Chicago BearsMichael Spurlock, WR, Tampa Bay BuccaneersEmmanuel Stephens, DE, Cleveland BrownsCassius Vaughn, DB, Denver BroncosMike Wallace, WR, Pittsburgh SteelersPatrick Willis, LB, San Francisco 49ersSouth Carolina Gamecocks – 22 playersJohn Abraham, DE, Atlanta FalconsJasper Brinkley, LB, Minnesota VikingsSheldon Brown, CB, Cleveland BrownsEmanuel Cook, S, New York JetsJared Cook, TE, Tennessee TitansChris Culliver, SB, San Francisco 49ersPatrick DiMarco, FB, San Diego ChargersClifton Geathers, DE, Dallas CowboysAndre’ Goodman, CB, Denver BroncosLemuel Jeanpierre, G, Seattle SeahawksJohnathan Joseph, CB, Houston TexansJarriel King, OT, Seattle SeahawksCliff Matthews, DE, Atlanta FalconsCaptain Munnerlyn, CB, Carolina PanthersEric Norwood, DE, Carolina PanthersSidney Rice, WR, Seattle SeahawksDunta Robinson, CB, Atlanta FalconsWeslye Saunders, TE, Pittsburgh SteelersShaun Smith, DT, Tennessee TitansDarian Stewart, S, St. Louis RamsRyan Succop, PK, Kansas City ChiefsTravelle Wharton, G, Carolina PanthersTennessee Volunteers – 36 playersJason Allen, CB, Houston TexansRobert Ayers, DE, Denver BroncosEric Berry, S, Kansas City ChiefsKevin Burnett, LB, Miami DolphinsChad Clifton, OT, Green Bay PackersDustin Colquitt, P, Kansas City ChiefsBritton Colquitt, P, Denver BroncosMorgan Cox, LS, Baltimore RavensShaun Ellis, DE, New England PatriotsArian Foster, RB, Houston TexansRamon Foster, OT, Pittsburgh SteelersAubrayo Franklin, DT, New Orleans SaintsOman Gaither, LB, Carolina PanthersDeon Grant, S, New York GiantsJabari Greer, CB, New Orleans SaintsParys Haralson, LB, San Francisco 49ersMontario Hardesty, RB, Cleveland BrownsAlbert Haynesworth, DT, New England PatriotsJohn Henderson, DT, Oakland RaidersAnthony Herrera, G, Minnesota VikingsPeyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis ColtsDavid Martin, TE, Buffalo BillsJerod Mayo, LB, New England PatriotsTurk McBride, DE, New Orleans SaintsJacques McClendon, G, Detroit LionsTony McDaniel, DE, Miami DolphinsRobert Meachem, WR, New Orleans SaintsMarvin Mitchell, LB, Miami DolphinsDenarius Moore, WR, Oakland RaidersChris Scott, OT, Pittsburgh SteelersDonte’ Stallworth, WR, Washington RedskinsLuke Stocker, TE, Tampa Bay BuccaneersScott Wells, C, Green Bay PackersDan Williams, DT, Arizona CardinalsGibril Wilson, S, Cincinnati BengalsJason Witten, TE, Dallas CowboysVanderbilt Commodores – 6 playersEarl Bennett, WR, Chicago BearsJay Cutler, QB, Chicago BearsJonathan Goff, LB, New York GiantsMyron Lewis, CB, Tampa Bay BuccanneersD.J. Moore, CB, Chicago BearsChris Williams, OT, Chicago Bears

Oh, I get it.DELAWARE IZ A QB FACTORIE!That seems more appropriate for this thread.Yes Delaware is a Super Bowl QB producing machine with Flacco & Gannon. Grossman was an ok SEC representative.Over the last 6 seasons, 3 of the 6 SB winners and 5 of the 12 SB participants were SEC QBs.

The station that paid 2.25 BILLION DOLLARS for SEC rights has a bias? When will people stop polluting their minds by consuming what the crap factory in Bristol produces?
They pay for rights for everything and hype everything. They hype senior bowling. No one pays attention to them anymore.You can't possibly be comparing the hype for the SEC to the hype for...bowling? They have commercials for bowling, but almost never mention it on the air. Meanwhile, they base all-day programming around pushing the SEC, to almost a cult-like extent. And people who still watch ESPN by habit regurgitate it in a similar fashion.Sarcasm. Rating ESPN hype is a worthless exercise in my opinionIt's not so much rating as it is stating the obvious that people come out of the woodwork and parrot the stupidity about the SEC, Tebow, LeBron, or whatever buzz topic they got "informed" on today...

They pay for rights for everything and hype everything. They hype senior bowling. No one pays attention to them anymore.
You can't possibly be comparing the hype for the SEC to the hype for...bowling? They have commercials for bowling, but almost never mention it on the air. Meanwhile, they base all-day programming around pushing the SEC, to almost a cult-like extent. And people who still watch ESPN by habit regurgitate it in a similar fashion.Sarcasm. Rating ESPN hype is a worthless exercise in my opinionIt's not so much rating as it is stating the obvious that people come out of the woodwork and parrot the stupidity about the SEC, Tebow, LeBron, or whatever buzz topic they got "informed" on today...Don't disagree, but to say that SEC success in the NFL is an ESPN invention is ridiculous

Oh, I get it.DELAWARE IZ A QB FACTORIE!That seems more appropriate for this thread.
Yes Delaware is a Super Bowl QB producing machine with Flacco & Gannon. Grossman was an ok SEC representative.I know this has already been stated - But what kind of representative was Eli Manning (Ole Miss) or Peyton Manning (University of Tennessee). If we are talking history, how about Bart Starr (Alabama), Joe Namath (Alabama), Ken Stabler (Alabama).Overall players in the the NFL today? By my count 281 players out of 1696 players. That is roughly 16.5% of the NFL. Or 1 out of every 6 players.
Alabama Crimson Tide – 23 playersMark Anderson, DE, New England PatriotsJavier Arenas, DB, Kansas City ChiefsAntione Caldwell, G, Houston TexansJames Carpenter, OL, Seattle SeahawksTerrence Cody, DT, Baltimore RavensMarcell Dareus, DT, Buffalo BillsBrandon Deaderick, DE, New England PatriotsWallace Giberry, DE, Kansas City ChiefsRoman Harper, S, New Orleans SaintsMark Ingram, RB, New Orleans SaintsKareem Jackson, DB, Houston TexansMike Johnson, G, Atlanta FalconsJarret Johnson, LB, Baltimore RavensRashad Johnson, S, Arizona CardinalsMarquis Johnson, DB, St. Louis RamsJulio Jones, WR, Atlanta FalconsEvan Mathis, G, Philadelphia EaglesLe’Ron McClain, RB, Kansas City ChiefsRolando McClain, LB, Oakland RaidersGreg McElroy, QB, New York JetsCharlie Peprah, QB, Green Bay PackersDeMeco Ryans, LB, Houston TexansAndre Smith, OL, Cincinnati BengalsArkansas Razorbacks – 15 playersJamaal Anderson, DE, Indianapolis ColtsNate Garner, OL, Miami DolphinsBrett Goode, LS, Green Bay PackersPeyton Hillis, RB, Cleveland BrownsChris Houston, DB, Detroit LionsFelix Jones, RB, Dallas CowboysDeMarcus Love, OL, Minnesota VikingsRyan Mallett, QB, New England PatriotsDarren McFadden, RB, Oakland RaidersJason Peters, OL, Philadelphia EaglesMitch Petrus, OL, New York GiantsMalcolm Sheppard, DT, Tennessee TitansBobbie Williams, OL, Cincinnati BengalsDJ Williams, TE, Green Bay PackersGeorge Wilson, S, Buffalo BillsAuburn Tigers – 28 playersDevin Aromashodu, WR, Minnesota VikingsRonnie Brown, RB, Philadelphia EaglesJason Campbell, QB, Oakland RaidersZach Clayton, DT, Tennessee TitansKarlos Dansby, LB, Miami DolphinsKing Dunlap, OL, Philadelphia EaglesNick Fairley, DT, Detroit LionsMario Fannin, RB, Denver BroncosTyronne Green, OL, San Diego ChargersQuentin Groves, LB, Oakland RaidersBen Grubbs, OL, Baltimore RavensWill Herring, LB, New Orleans SaintsSpencer Johnson, DE, Buffalo BillsPat Lee, DB, Green Bay PackersSen’Derrick Marks, DT, Tennessee TitansMarcus McNeill, OL, San Diego ChargersCam Newton, QB, Carolina PanthersBen Obomanu, WR, Seattle SeahawksJarraud Powers, DB, Indianapolis ColtsJay Ratliff, DT, Dallas CowboysCarlos Rogers, DB, San Francisco 49ersPat Sims, DT, Cincinnati BengalsTakeo Spikes, LB, San Diego ChargersBen Tate, RB, Houston TexansReggie Torbor, LB, Buffalo BillsJonathan Wilhite, CB, Denver BroncosCadillac Williams, RB, St Louis RamsLee Ziemba, OL, Carolina PanthersFlorida Gators – 32 playersAndre Caldwell, WR, Cincinnati BengalsCooper Carlise, OL, Oakland RaidersRiley Cooper, WR, Philadelphia EaglesJermaine Cunningham, LB, New England PatriotsAndra Davis, LB, Buffalo BillsCarlos Dunlap, DE, Cincinnati BengalsJabar Gaffney, WR, Washington RedskinsMarcus Gilbert, OL, Pittsburgh SteelersEarnest Graham, RB, Tampa Bay BuccaneersRex Grossman, QB, Washington RedskinsJoe Haden, DB, Cleveland BrownsDerrick Harvey, DE, Denver BroncosPercy Harvin, WR, Minnesota VikingsChas Henry, P, Philadelphia EaglesAaron Hernandez, TE, New England PatriotsRay McDonald, DL, San Francisco 49ersDrew Miller, C, St. Louis RamsJeremy Mincey, DE, Jacksonville JaguarsJarvis Moss, DE, Oakland RaidersLouis Murphy, WR, Oakland RaidersReggie Nelson, S, Cincinnati BengalsDavid Nelson, WR, Buffalo BillsMike Peterson, LB, Atlanta FalconsMarkice Pouncey, C, Pittsburgh SteelersMike Pouncey, C, Miami DolphinsBrandon Siler, LB, Kansas City ChiefsBrandon Spikes, LB, New England PatriotsTim Tebow, QB, Denver BroncosMarcus Thomas, DT, Denver BroncosJustin Trattou, DE, New York GiantsGerard Warren, DE, New England PatriotsMajor Wright, S, Chicago BearsGeorgia Bulldogs – 35 playersAsher Allen, CB, Minnesota VikingsGeno Atkins, DT, Cincinnati BengalsChamp Bailey, CB, Denver BroncosClint Boling, G, Cincinnati BengalsChris Clemons, DE, Seattle SeahawksThomas Davis, LB, Carolina PanthersAkeem Dent, LB, Atlanta FalconsDemarcus Dobbs, DT, San Francisco 49ersKris Durham, WR, Seattle SeahawksDannell Ellerbe, LB, Baltimore RavensDarryl Gamble, LB, San Diego ChargersRobert Geathers, DE, Cincinnati BengalsKedric Golston, DE, Washington RedskinsA.J. Green, WR, Cincinnati BengalsJustin Houston, LB, Kansas City ChiefsTim Jennings, CB, Chicago BearsCharles Johnson, DE, Carolina PanthersSean Jones, S, Tampa Bay BuccaneersReshad Jones, S, Miami DolphinsJohn Kasay, PK, New Orleans SaintsKregg Lumpkin, RB, Tampa Bay BuccaneersMohamed Massaquoi, WR, Cleveland BrownsRandy McMichael, TE, San Diego ChargersKnowshon Moreno, RB, Denver BroncosPaul Oliver, S, New Orleans SaintsLeonard Pope, TE, Kansas City ChiefsDennis Roland, OT, Cincinnati BengalsRichard Seymour, DT, Oakland RaidersMatthew Stafford, QB, Detroit LionsFernando Velasco, C, Tennessee TitansHines Ward, WR, Pittsburgh SteelersDanny Ware, RB, New York GiantsBenjamin Watson, TE, Cleveland BrownsWill Witherspoon, LB, Tennessee TitansJarius Wynn, DE, Green Bay PackersKentucky Wildcats – 12 playersRandall Cobb, WR, Green Bay PackersJohn Conner, FB, New York JetsJeremy Jarmon, DT, Denver BroncosSteve Johnson, WR, Buffalo BillsTrevard Lindley, CB, Philadelphia EaglesTim Masthay, P, Green Bay PackersCorey Peters, DT, Atlanta FalconsMyron Pryor, DR, New England PatriotsAlfonso Smith, RB, Arizona CardinalsJacob Tamme, TE, Indianapolis ColtsGarry Williams, OT, Carolina PanthersWesley Woodyard, LB, Denver BroncosLSU Tigers – 38 playersJoseph Addai, RB, Indianapolis ColtsJoe Barksdale, OT, Oakland RaidersDwayne Bowe, WR, Kansas City ChiefsRyan Clark, S, Pittsburgh SteelersTravis Daniels, CB, Kansas City ChiefsGlenn Dorsey, DE, Kansas City ChiefsEarly Doucet, WR, Arizona CardinalsKevin Faulk, RB, New England PatriotsMatt Flynn, QB, Green Bay PackersHoward Green, NT, Green Bay PackersChris Hawkins, CB, Tennessee TitansDevery Henderson, WR, New Orleans SaintsJacob Hester, FB, San Diego ChargersTyson Jackson, DE, Kansas City ChiefsBradie James, LB, Dallas CowboysRicky Jean Francois, DT, San Francisco 49ersQuinn Johnson, FB, Tennessee TitansDonnie Jones, P, St. Louis RamsBrandon LaFell, WR, Carolina PanthersLaRon Landry, S, Washington RedskinsNate Livings, G, Cincinnati BengalsTodd McClure, C, Atlanta FalconsDanny McCray, S, Dallas CowboysRichard Murphy, RB, Jacksonville JaguarsDrake Nevis, DT, Indianapolis ColtsStephen Peterman, G, Detroit LionsPatrick Peterson, CB, Arizona CardinalsStevan Ridley, RB, New England PatriotsPerry Riley, LB, Washington RedskinsKelvin Sheppard, LB, Buffalo BillsMarcus Spears, DE, Dallas CowboysCraig Steltz, S, Chicago BearsTerrence Toliver, WR, Houston TexansCorey Webster, CB, New York GiantsAndrew Whitworth, OT, Cincinnati BengalsKyle Williams, DT, Buffalo BillsKeiland Williams, RB, Detroit LionsAl Woods, DT, Seattle SeahawksMississippi State Bulldogs – 15 playersTitus Brown, LB, Cleveland BrownsJamar Chaney, LB, Philadelphia EaglesAnthony Dixon, RB, San Francisco 49ersMario Haggan, LB, Denver BroncosAntonio Johnson, DT, Indianapolis ColtsReggie Kelly, TE, Atlanta FalconsTommy Kelly, DT, Oakland RaidersKyle Love, DT, New England PatriotsPernell McPhee, DE, Baltimore RavensJerious Norwood, RB, St. Louis RamsDerek Sherrod, OL, Green Bay PackersDavid Stewart, OL, Tennessee TitansChris White, LB, Buffalo BillsFloyd Womack, OL, Arizona CardinalsKJ Wright, LB, Seattle SeahawksOle Miss Rebels – 21 playersStacy Andrews, OL, New York GiantsBenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, New England PatriotsBruce Hall, RB, Buffalo BillsGreg Hardy, DE, Carolina PanthersPeria Jerry, DT, Atlanta FalconsJohn Jerry, OL, Miami DolphinsKendrick Lewis, S, Kansas City ChiefsEli Manning, QB, New York GiantsDexter McCluster, RB, Kansas City ChiefsJayme Mitchell, DE, Cleveland BrownsMichael Oher, OL, Baltimore RavensAshlee Palmer, LB, Detroit LionsJermey Parnell, OL, Dallas CowboysJerrell Powe, NT, Kansas City ChiefsJamarca Sanford, S, Minnesota VikingsChris Spencer, C, Chicago BearsMichael Spurlock, WR, Tampa Bay BuccaneersEmmanuel Stephens, DE, Cleveland BrownsCassius Vaughn, DB, Denver BroncosMike Wallace, WR, Pittsburgh SteelersPatrick Willis, LB, San Francisco 49ersSouth Carolina Gamecocks – 22 playersJohn Abraham, DE, Atlanta FalconsJasper Brinkley, LB, Minnesota VikingsSheldon Brown, CB, Cleveland BrownsEmanuel Cook, S, New York JetsJared Cook, TE, Tennessee TitansChris Culliver, SB, San Francisco 49ersPatrick DiMarco, FB, San Diego ChargersClifton Geathers, DE, Dallas CowboysAndre’ Goodman, CB, Denver BroncosLemuel Jeanpierre, G, Seattle SeahawksJohnathan Joseph, CB, Houston TexansJarriel King, OT, Seattle SeahawksCliff Matthews, DE, Atlanta FalconsCaptain Munnerlyn, CB, Carolina PanthersEric Norwood, DE, Carolina PanthersSidney Rice, WR, Seattle SeahawksDunta Robinson, CB, Atlanta FalconsWeslye Saunders, TE, Pittsburgh SteelersShaun Smith, DT, Tennessee TitansDarian Stewart, S, St. Louis RamsRyan Succop, PK, Kansas City ChiefsTravelle Wharton, G, Carolina PanthersTennessee Volunteers – 36 playersJason Allen, CB, Houston TexansRobert Ayers, DE, Denver BroncosEric Berry, S, Kansas City ChiefsKevin Burnett, LB, Miami DolphinsChad Clifton, OT, Green Bay PackersDustin Colquitt, P, Kansas City ChiefsBritton Colquitt, P, Denver BroncosMorgan Cox, LS, Baltimore RavensShaun Ellis, DE, New England PatriotsArian Foster, RB, Houston TexansRamon Foster, OT, Pittsburgh SteelersAubrayo Franklin, DT, New Orleans SaintsOman Gaither, LB, Carolina PanthersDeon Grant, S, New York GiantsJabari Greer, CB, New Orleans SaintsParys Haralson, LB, San Francisco 49ersMontario Hardesty, RB, Cleveland BrownsAlbert Haynesworth, DT, New England PatriotsJohn Henderson, DT, Oakland RaidersAnthony Herrera, G, Minnesota VikingsPeyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis ColtsDavid Martin, TE, Buffalo BillsJerod Mayo, LB, New England PatriotsTurk McBride, DE, New Orleans SaintsJacques McClendon, G, Detroit LionsTony McDaniel, DE, Miami DolphinsRobert Meachem, WR, New Orleans SaintsMarvin Mitchell, LB, Miami DolphinsDenarius Moore, WR, Oakland RaidersChris Scott, OT, Pittsburgh SteelersDonte’ Stallworth, WR, Washington RedskinsLuke Stocker, TE, Tampa Bay BuccaneersScott Wells, C, Green Bay PackersDan Williams, DT, Arizona CardinalsGibril Wilson, S, Cincinnati BengalsJason Witten, TE, Dallas CowboysVanderbilt Commodores – 6 playersEarl Bennett, WR, Chicago BearsJay Cutler, QB, Chicago BearsJonathan Goff, LB, New York GiantsMyron Lewis, CB, Tampa Bay BuccanneersD.J. Moore, CB, Chicago BearsChris Williams, OT, Chicago Bears
Never seemed more appropriate than here to use since it directly answers the title of this thread./thread

Very few SEC players at the the top of the NFL. Are we being misled?Qb's Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Luck, RGIII, Ryan, Flacco, Romo, Wilson, Kaepernick, BradfordRb's ADP, Rice, MJD, Martin, Lynch, Gore, Foster, Bush, Morris, Spiller, CJ2K, Forte, Bradshaw, SJax, McCoy, CharlesWr's Megatron, AJohnson, Marshall, VJax, Thomas, Bryant, Wayne, Welker, WhiteJJ Watt, Wake, Matthews, Miller are the Sack leadersKuechly, Bowman, Greenway tackle leadersNone of these players were SEC when they came to the NFL...I guess I am tired of hearing about all non-SEC players not ready for the NFL.
JULIO JONES AND AJ GREEN lol

My biggest surprise when reading H. Snowman's list was that Alabama is sort of in the middle of the pack in terms of players. I think at times that SEC fan acts like there are no other good players or good teams in other conferences, but they have won the last 7 BCS titles and have more dudes in the NFL than any other conference. While you may want to tell SEC fan shut the bleep up, the facts say that for about the last 10 years that conference has been that darn good.

This. OP, just take a gander at the link provided a couple posts upThank you. You are making my point. The SEC is a lot of hype. No doubt they have good players, but the SEC has not produced the Best QB, RB, Wr, Sack Leader, Leading Tackler...etc.Alabama, LSU & Florida have been good over the last decade and espn tries to convince the country that all the SEC is doing great. Sorry...AJ Green, Arian Foster, Patrick Willis, Jerod Mayo.......Harvin isn't too shabby.

They pay for rights for everything and hype everything. They hype senior bowling. No one pays attention to them anymore.
You can't possibly be comparing the hype for the SEC to the hype for...bowling? They have commercials for bowling, but almost never mention it on the air. Meanwhile, they base all-day programming around pushing the SEC, to almost a cult-like extent. And people who still watch ESPN by habit regurgitate it in a similar fashion.Sarcasm. Rating ESPN hype is a worthless exercise in my opinionIt's not so much rating as it is stating the obvious that people come out of the woodwork and parrot the stupidity about the SEC, Tebow, LeBron, or whatever buzz topic they got "informed" on today...Don't disagree, but to say that SEC success in the NFL is an ESPN invention is ridiculousYes, yes it is. But their bias of the SEC is second only to super-fandom.

This. OP, just take a gander at the link provided a couple posts upThank you. You are making my point. The SEC is a lot of hype. No doubt they have good players, but the SEC has not produced the Best QB, RB, Wr, Sack Leader, Leading Tackler...etc.Alabama, LSU & Florida have been good over the last decade and espn tries to convince the country that all the SEC is doing great. Sorry...Manning has been the best QB several years. Obviously towards the end of his career now.His little brother has 2 rings.Cam has done quite well for himself as well as Stafford.If you are fishing congrants.If not...Im sorry for your family.The SEC is doing great.And yes, Arian Foster has been one of the top 2...if not the best RB...and they had a heck of a rookie in Richardson this year.AJ Green and Julio are top WR talents.Patrick Willis one of the top LBs.And it goes on and on and on.But you don't seem to want to hear that.

BCS schools ranked by number of NFL player starts at DraftMetrics.

Clearly the SEC is well represented, but not the slam-dunk dominate force some would have you believe.

The SEC recruits the best athletes. The ACC isn't too far behind. No college "produces". The best football players come from (went to high school in) the states of Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, the Carolinas, and Florida.

Very few SEC players at the the top of the NFL. Are we being misled?

Qb's Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Luck, RGIII, Ryan, Flacco, Romo, Wilson, Kaepernick, Bradford

Rb's ADP, Rice, MJD, Martin, Lynch, Gore, Foster, Bush, Morris, Spiller, CJ2K, Forte, Bradshaw, SJax, McCoy, Charles

Wr's Megatron, AJohnson, Marshall, VJax, Thomas, Bryant, Wayne, Welker, White

JJ Watt, Wake, Matthews, Miller are the Sack leaders

Kuechly, Bowman, Greenway tackle leaders

None of these players were SEC when they came to the NFL...I guess I am tired of hearing about all non-SEC players not ready for the NFL.
ACC players have been highlighted.

BCS schools ranked by number of NFL player starts at DraftMetrics.Clearly the SEC is well represented, but not the slam-dunk dominate force some would have you believe.
The only line on there that is relevant to the era of SEC dominance is line 2, years 2003 - 2012. The others don't really encompass the time frame.In that window the SEC has teams ranked (I'm removing A&M/ Mizz);235811212332456175If that isn't dominant, then I don't know what is. 3 of the top 5, 4 in the top 10 and 7 in the top 25. If college football rankings look that way you say, damn that it dominant.For years 2008 - 2012;458912182328426675Again, I'd say this is dominant. 4 in the top 10 and 7 in the top 25.BTW, no other conference has more than 2 teams in the top 10 for either year. So when it comes to the top 10, the SEC is at least 2x better than everyone else for each time frame.

The SEC recruits the best athletes. The ACC isn't too far behind. No college "produces". The best football players come from (went to high school in) the states of Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, the Carolinas, and Florida.
Exactly.

Exactly.
Players develop. Plenty of high school recruits that don't pan out.But when you have the most coming in to start with that helps.

Exactly.
Players develop. Plenty of high school recruits that don't pan out.But when you have the most coming in to start with that helps.Just have a gander at the numbers for Miami, Florida State and Florida to see where the players are coming from. As impressive as the numbers are for the SEC, the numbers for those three schools from one state are more impressive all things considered.

Exactly.
Players develop. Plenty of high school recruits that don't pan out.
But when you have the most coming in to start with that helps.Just have a gander at the numbers for Miami, Florida State and Florida to see where the players are coming from. As impressive as the numbers are for the SEC, the numbers for those three schools from one state are more impressive all things considered.It is incredible. If you average out the 3 Florida schools over the course of all 3 time frames they score a 5. That is ridiculous.

Are you kidding?Better than 1 in 5 Pro Bowlers are from the SEC, more than any other conference. But the SEC isn't necessarily dominant because it has all the stars, but because the depth of talent is so much greater. Sure they're hyped (by the network that has a contract to broadcast their games), but it's not completely undeserved.QB - Manning, ManningRB - FosterWR - Green, JonesTE - WittenOL - Pouncey, WhitworthDL - Atkins, J SmithLB - Willis, Mayo, Miller, A Smith, HoustonDB - Berry, Bailey, Joseph, Jennings, Moore, Landry, PetersonST - Colquitt, Walsh, Muhlbach

Yes, yes it is. But their bias of the SEC is second only to super-fandom.
How is it bias to point out how great the SEC is? 7 straight BCS titles from 4 different schools. 9 total from 5 different schools. 4 more schools have made a BCS bowl. All 12 have made multiple bowl games. The conference as a whole has the record for most BCS bowl appearances and most total bowl appearances. It also has the best record in BCS bowls and in all bowls, proving they were worthy participants and not hype selections. Half of the top 10 teams in the country came from the SEC this year. Oklahoma fans whined about missing a BCS bowl this year, but the SEC had no less than 4 schools ranked higher who didn't get to play in a BCS bowl. FOUR (including the team that ran Oklahoma off the field). Prior to the SEC, no conference had captured 3 straight titles since the '50s... and the SEC has run it to 7 and counting. No conference in history had won 3 straight titles by 3 different teams, and the SEC actually got it to 4 straight (a third of the conference!). This is not bias. This is not hyperbole. This is a recognition of how truly unprecedented and, frankly, awe-inspiring the recent SEC run has been. Now, it's not like no one else plays good football. Teams like Texas, tOSU, (other)USC, Oregon, and Oklahoma are every bit as good as the elite teams in the SEC. The problem is that nowhere else has so many good teams concentrated in one place. When Texas or Oklahoma has a bad year, the Big 12(/10) is down. When USC falls apart, the Pac-12 is shallow. When tOSU gets put on probation, the Big-10/11/12 is atrocious. When Miami and Florida State hit a slump at the same time, the ACC is a punch line (seriously, one of their championship game participants petitioned the NCAA for the right to play in a bowl game despite having a losing record). Meanwhile, the SEC is so deep that when teams fall off (as all teams do, because success is cyclical), no one notices. Seriously, Tennessee has been terrible for years. That used to be one of the flagship programs, the Texas or Oklahoma of the SEC, and they've been a complete afterthought for nearly a decade, and no one notices. When Florida is down, USC steps up. When Alabama struggles, LSU carries the West. Occasionally, one of the doormats steps up and makes things interesting, like Vandy has done in making three straight bowls. It's not that the great teams in the SEC are so much better than the great teams in the other conferences, it's that they're just so much more numerous. As evidenced by the fact that Alabama, the best team in the league, is something like 6th in the conference in terms of alumni playing in the NFL.Again, this isn't hype or bias. This is truth, supported by a whole range of facts, from bowl appearances and bowl victories, to BCS appearances and BCS victories, to the championships (9-1 in championship games, with the only loss coming at the hands of another SEC school), to the draft, to NFL rosters. The SEC tops every list. Maybe not by as much as some would have you believe, but by enough to make it clear that the SEC deserves the praise it receives. No single conference has ever dominated the landscape of college football like the SEC has over the last decade.

Users who are viewing this thread