What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eric Hosmer Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

The Flying Elvis

Footballguy
Well the season approaches and Hosmer is still flying up draft boards to the point where he is getting picked in the top 45. Hosmer is killing the ball in ST and seems to be locked in. While taking ST stats with a grain of salt, I do think Hosmer is going to be a star.

Drafted him in the 2nd round of a Keep 4 player keeper this year (6th round technically) and am crossing my fingers.

What are people's projections for him this year? Is it possible for him to break into the top 5 1B, passing Texeira? I'm hoping for .300 28 HRs 100 RBIs 15 SBs but would be happy with .290 22-25 HRs 90 RBIs 15 SBs.

22 hrs

84 rbi

17 steals

I would be alright with that. I have him and Joey Votto on my one and only fantasy team. Hosmer was one of my keepers from last season. I picked him up using FAAB money when he got called up last year.

Until he starts hitting homers at home I'm not buying anywhere near this price. The average will be there and he'll toss in 7-10 steals but he's a 22 HR hitter until he starts hitting bombs at home too. Re-draft, I'm taking Konerko instead. If I have to. Last draft tomorrow and hope to leave round 1 with a top 5 1B like I have in every other draft.

I had him as the #5 ranked 1B and drafted him #56 overall. I'm all aboard.

MCab

Pujols

Votto

AGon

Fielder

Hosmer

This kid is an absolute stud. They have a kid down on the farm in Clint Robinson that is major league ready but won't even sniff the bigs until Hosmer is inevitably traded to a large market team...and when he is, look out. The kid IS the next big thing at 1B - just not quite there yet. The Royals - if they get any kind of pitching will be a dangerous team this year but not quite playoff material...however by 2013 or 2014 they will be a legit title contnder (assuming they don't lose any of their young studs to free agency). They sent Giavotella down and I am assuming that was a plan to not get his clock running. Hosmer and Moustakas already have their clocks running - so expect them to push in 2013.

This kid is an absolute stud. They have a kid down on the farm in Clint Robinson that is major league ready but won't even sniff the bigs until Hosmer is inevitably traded to a large market team...and when he is, look out. The kid IS the next big thing at 1B - just not quite there yet. The Royals - if they get any kind of pitching will be a dangerous team this year but not quite playoff material...however by 2013 or 2014 they will be a legit title contnder (assuming they don't lose any of their young studs to free agency). They sent Giavotella down and I am assuming that was a plan to not get his clock running. Hosmer and Moustakas already have their clocks running - so expect them to push in 2013.
Nobody's master plan involves a combination of Chris Getz and Yuni Betancourt at 2B. Giavotella hit .250 with a 27% SO rate in Spring Training; he's not anywhere near the caliber of prospect as Hosmer or Mostakas.

Nobody's master plan involves a combination of Chris Getz and Yuni Betancourt at 2B. Giavotella hit .250 with a 27% SO rate in Spring Training; he's not anywhere near the caliber of prospect as Hosmer or Mostakas.
He may well be a AAAA player - he kills it at the AAA level and is not much better than adequate in the bigs. Still, I see talent there. Getz is HORRIBLE. I was hoping he'd make the big club so we wouldn't have to watch him in Omaha this summer. Shoot it seems half the guys in KC thi year were playing here last year. It was a good summer.

'Tuco said:
I had him as the #5 ranked 1B and drafted him #56 overall. I'm all aboard.MCabPujolsVottoAGonFielderHosmer
I'd still take Tex over Hosmer. People forget that in a "down" year Tex went 39/111 last year?

'Tuco said:
I had him as the #5 ranked 1B and drafted him #56 overall. I'm all aboard.MCabPujolsVottoAGonFielderHosmer
I'd still take Tex over Hosmer. People forget that in a "down" year Tex went 39/111 last year?
In a head to head a/o points league? Yea, but it's real hard to swallow that average that early in a roto.

Just finished a 10-team redraftHosmer went 24th. 24th pick that is :mellow:
Even with being the leader of the Hosmer bandwagon, I don't even think I could justify this. He would need to produce at his top most projections to justify that early in a non keeper league. Like .290 30 HRs 100 RBIs to justify it. I could maybe see it in a keeper/dynasty if someone really believed in him and didn't want to risk missing out but in a redraft it is too early.

The three guys most responsible for my first week win were Hosmer, Hamilton and Maybin in that order.

Seriously. How's he going to snap out of it on the bench?

How true is this comment by Yost?

"He's been doing a great job of staying positive, but I think it's time he just sits back and takes it easy," Yost said. "The results aren't showing. He's probably hit 15-to-18 line outs where if he'd just found a hole with half of those, he'd be hitting .270.

"He's been doing a great job of staying positive, but I think it's time he just sits back and takes it easy," Yost said. "The results aren't showing. He's probably hit 15-to-18 line outs where if he'd just found a hole with half of those, he'd be hitting .270.
I believe is BABIP is extremely low.

His BABIP is terrible (.165) but his line drive percentage is actually lower than last year.Yost's math is off though. He'd need 14 more hits to lift his average by 100 points. Nearly all of those imaginary line drives would have to go through.

His BABIP is going to regress a bit and possibly his HR/FB% as well. But he's still 25 and probably still has some power development in him.

Users who are viewing this thread