What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sherlock (1 Viewer)

Next to Downton Abbey, Sherlock is the best thing ive seen on TV in 5 yrs. I hear we can look fwd to a 2nd season (though only 3 more Sherlocks) of both.

Anyone else watch this yet?

Sherlock

I liked it. It is a new series set in modern day London. Only 3 episodes though. :hifive:
This show got a lot of publicity when it was announced in sci-fi circles because the creator is Steven Moffat. Moffat grew up a HUGE Doctor Who fan and took over Doctor Who in 2010 when Russell T. Davies stepped down. Moffat came up with the idea of doing a modern-day Sherlock TV series while making Doctor Who. Benedict Cumberbatch, who he cast as Sherlock Holmes, was a finalst for portraying the 11th Doctor, a role which ultimately went to Matt Smith. Moffat is stretching himself very thin by being in charge of and writing for TWO different television series.

Moffat is also a close friend of Steven Spielberg. Spielberg got him to write the screenplay for his Tintin movie out in theatres right now. So Moffatt is running two hit TV shows and has a Spielberg film in theatres right now.

I don't know if Moffat will make the jump to Hollywood. He's already 50.

'bosoxs45 said:
New episode just came out. Brilliant. Plus, hot naked chick for a good portion of it.
:excited: Season two is awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: Season 3 starts in March. I can't wait.
Really? In the Colbert interview, Freeman said they start shooting in March. Maybe he got it wrong?Love this show! It's weird that they only have 3 episodes a season but at least they are long episodes, more like mini-movies.

A production delay (mostly involving offers coming in to Freeman after "Hobbit" & the producer busy with "Doctor Who") has been announced, meaning Season 3 may not be seen even in Blighty til 2014.

1st episode was good. I'm in. :thumbup:
Me too! Outstanding series. The only bad thing I can see is that it's only 2 seasons of 3 episodes. Not nearly enough! Though the 90 minute episodes allows for outstanding character development as well as plot subtexts. Right now I'm only through the 1st episode of the 2nd season, the Irene Adler one. It may actually be one of the best single episode of any show I've seen. The interplay between the two was ridiculously well written and performed. They didn't bash us over the head with what the subtext was revealing (unlike hourlong shows that just dispense with subtext altogether and bash plot points to make them obvious). And there was a metric #### tonne of it between the two. Freeman is excellent and takes the reins well when it's his turn. Cumberbatch looks very odd, especially with that hair, and adds to the Aspergery aspect of Holmes. I've only seen a few minutes of Moriarity so far but he makes the most of it. Really looking forward to the last 2 but not to the long wait for the next season (wiki says it'll start shooting in the spring).

Some episodes I loved. And I'm with this series for sure, but I thought they whiffed on not figuring out episode 1 faster and I didn't like the "dog" episode.

Just finished Homeland and Mad Men is over. Starting this next along with House of Cards.

Didn't realize it was set in current time.

Just finished Homeland and Mad Men is over. Starting this next along with House of Cards.

Didn't realize it was set in current time.
It's basically 6 movies more than a series. It's really phenomenal stuff.

Moriarty is played better here than ever before.

Season 3 will not be until the end of 2013 at soonest - trying to find time to shoot in everyone's schedule. Maybe 2014

It's on the list of things to watch on Netflix streaming. Along with 20 other things.
Bump it to the front of the list. You won't regret it. Awesome show. Very end of Season 2 spoiler below.
Any clue on how he faked his death?
garbage truck
great episode!

Mousy girl was in on it and helped plant a body.
Where does Mycroft fit into this?

I don't really like this Asperger's version of Holmes and Moriarty.
Then you have questionable taste. Holmes is brilliant and Moriarty was one of the best villains I've ever see on TV.
Moriarty was a bit over the top with his reactions but he also was perfect as a sociopath. The ending was brilliant.
Agreed. The story is great and I absolutely love the show but the actor who plays Moriarty just seemed a little try hard.

New episode just came out. Brilliant. Plus, hot naked chick for a good portion of it.
Did I see an edited version of 2.1? She wasn't naked once. Lots of creative camera angles though.

I still like the show although I don't think it's as great as other people do. I wish the episodes were cut down to an hour. I find myself checking the clock after about an hour wondering how long until they wrap this up.

jamny said:
Did I see an edited version of 2.1? She wasn't naked once. Lots of creative camera angles though.

I still like the show although I don't think it's as great as other people do. I wish the episodes were cut down to an hour. I find myself checking the clock after about an hour wondering how long until they wrap this up.
you saw the original version with the creative camera angles is

jamny said:

Wow. 1.1 and 2.3 were probably the best movies I've seen in the last few years.

jamny said:

Wow. 1.1 and 2.3 were probably the best movies I've seen in the last few years.
Well that's encouraging. I loved 1.1 and only just finished 2.1.

Like I said, I like the show. I'll definitely be in for season 3. I just don't think they've all had to be movie length. They probably could have cut the whole boomerang crime out of 2.1 and trimmed it to an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread