What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

iTunes Issue (1 Viewer)

Polish Hammer

made of glass
Since iTunes went up to 11.3 this last week, I've had an issue. When I connect my Nano (latest version) the computer recognizes it but the software doesn't. It says that there is some problem and suggests reinstalling iTunes. I did that and it didn't fix it.

Is there a place I can go to download old versions of iTunes so I can go back to the version where everything worked out fine?

Most of what I listen to are podcasts while running. I need to make sure they end up in the right spot on the iPod or it makes things much more difficult. Aren't these products supposed to just work?

Plug your iPod into your computer. Then navigate to the folder in windows explorer and just drop your files into the music folder. It might be called media.

*eta* what kind of podcast are you talking about? This may or may not make a difference in how the files copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, then you should probably rename the music folder on your ipod to podcast or create a completely new folder. If it still gives you a problem then try renaming the footballguys podcast .mp4. The native format is probably bogging down the file transfer. Then once it is in the new folder on the iPod change the name back. You could also try making individual folders inside the music/podcast folders. The more folders the better as it will make it easier for the iPod to read the files. You may even notice less battery strain and increased performance.

I totally appreciate the help you're giving here. And if I can't actually fix the real issue, I'll likely follow it. But shouldn't I be able to connect my iPod to my computer via the Apple cable and have it connect to iTunes like it was meant to do?

Why would you use iTunes when you can just drag and drop your files into a folder. It just seems so much easier.

I thought the Geniuses were only at the stores?

And I use iTunes to help keep all of my podcasts organized and in one spot and updated.

I can verify that there are geniuses in the computer as well. You can use them to curate music playlist.

Try taking the headphone jack out of the iPod and blow in it. Then jiggle around the jack a little.

Finally got it fixed, so figured I'd post here to let others know in case they run into it. I did a bunch of USB driver stuff that looked like it would work and then didn't. Ultimately I had to:

1. Uninstall iTunes.

2. Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support.

3. Uninstall Apple Application Support.

4. Uninstall Apple Software Update.

5. Reinstall iTunes (I actually got a torrent of the previous version and installed that since I know I had no issues with it).

Went through all of those steps and waalaa...now it's working.

Every once in awhile it seems my iPhone automatically syncs when I plug it in to charge. I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but that is ####### maddening. Playlists and, more importantly, podcasts gone. I don't get why anybody would want that.

Every once in awhile it seems my iPhone automatically syncs when I plug it in to charge. I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but that is ####### maddening. Playlists and, more importantly, podcasts gone. I don't get why anybody would want that.
This is an actual function of the iPhone. Look under Settings/General/iTunes WiFi Sync.

Nice to have the device stay synced w/o using computer. One issue is that it doesn't backup when doing this.

HTH.

Mr. Ected said:
Apple Jack said:
This is an actual function of the iPhone. Look under Settings/General/iTunes WiFi Sync.

Nice to have the device stay synced w/o using computer. One issue is that it doesn't backup when doing this.

HTH.
It's when I'm charging off the computer, but I have iTunes on the Mac set to only sync manually.

No, wait - if anything goes wrong with iTunes or your iDevice, but you're using a PC, that's the reason. Apple is infallible and everything always works always all the time and it works no matter what and it's perfect.

They went ahead and messed up iTunes again. The default look of it is terrible. I'm trying to turn it back to the way it was with the sidebar and such... no idea how to. So #######g annoying.

If anyone reading this didn't like iTunes before... it is crap now. What is up with all the pictures and only one way to access certain things.

I never synced stuff... just click and dragged things into the sidebar. Can't really do that now. Stupid disaster this thing is.

Users who are viewing this thread