What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Slipknot - . 5 The Gray Chapter (1 Viewer)

Evilgrin 72

Distributor of Pain
It's terrific. Wasn't sure what to expect after Gray's death and Jordison's dismissal, but this album both rattles the windows and provides some memorable melodies. The bonus tracks that didn't make the album are great too. Big thumbs up.

Great album. It's a mix of Iowa and All Hope is Gone, the band uses Corey's range and their old brutal edge. Loved it from front to back.

Why'd they kick Jordison out?
No one will say yet, citing legal issues regarding contracts, royalties, etc. I've seen speculation of drug abuse as well as Jordison spending too much time on Scar The Martyr. However, Joey recently divulged that he was fired via singing telegram. That's pretty rough.

Evilgrin 72 said:
Slapdash said:
Why'd they kick Jordison out?
No one will say yet, citing legal issues regarding contracts, royalties, etc. I've seen speculation of drug abuse as well as Jordison spending too much time on Scar The Martyr. However, Joey recently divulged that he was fired via singing telegram. That's pretty rough.
What a-holes. Another reason for me to hate this band.The personality of most musicians make me want to vomit. I cant tell you how many times ive joined bands who stressed that they want someone "dedicated and easy to work with". What that means is that they want someone who will not have an opinion or input and just do whatever the band leader says.

Most of the time the guy booted from a band is the most laid back and easygoing member. If he was really fired by singing telegram then he Is ohviously not the one who is being a jerk, whatever the conflict may be. If it was over money then I am guessing he was refusing to agree to a contract that hosed him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen Stone Sour in concert this past year and Corey Taylor is amazing!

I love Slipknot, can not wait to listen to this album.

Evilgrin 72 said:
Joey recently divulged that he was fired via singing telegram. That's pretty rough.
:lmao:
thats not very metal now is it?
Maybe it was a riff on Left Behind...that'd be pretty metal.
According to Jordison, the singer (messenger) left him a copy of the lyrics after he was done singing and Joey shared them with the world. These are they (not a joke) :

I am your singing telegram

Sent to you this December

To let you know you’re not a member

Of our band anymore

So don’t get hit by the door

On your way out

It’s no use to cry and shout

You were once one of The Nine

But without you we’ll be fine

“What will ‘Knot be without me?”

Well we’ll tell you and you’ll see

We’ve already hired a Jew

To take the drum spot away from you

No, this message ain’t in jest

Yes, we wish you all the best!

We just don’t want you with us

When we get back on the bus

Please don’t try to beg or barter

Now you have more time for Scar the Martyr!

Yaaaaaayyyyy Joey!!!

P.S. In case it wasn’t clear, you’re fired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just listened to the album. Awesome stuff!

I particularly like this part of Custer:

Cut- cut- cut me up and
####- ####- #### me up)
Cut- cut- cut me up and
####- ####- #### me up!

:headbang:

Users who are viewing this thread