What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Man jailed after girl lied about her age (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
Man traveled from Maryland to have sex with 13-year-old girl in Suffolk
Suffolk, Va. – 20-year-old Devonta Day traveled four hours from Maryland to Suffolk. He told police he thought he was coming to visit an 18-year-old girl, according to court documents.

In reality, she was 13. Now, Day is charged with having sex with a minor.

The two met through an online chat website 2-3 months ago. The documents say that’s when Day told officers the girl first told him she was 18.

Officers were called to Dixon Drive around 3:30am Sunday morning. It’s a long street in the middle of a neighborhood.

Someone reported seeing a suspicious car parked alongside the road. The caller thought no one was inside of it.

When police got to the neighborhood, they found the car. According to the documents, Day and the girl were inside the car, both partially naked.

When officers questioned the two, court papers say the girl lied to police and said she was 18-years-old.

Day is being held in jail without bond.

This is why you have to card them.

I have seen one or two 18 year olds that looked like very young teens. One in particular was 20 and so petite she looked no older than 14. My friend took her to dinner for a date and outside a group of guys confronted him because they thought he was taking out a teen. They didnt believe him until she came out to set things straight before he got pummeled.

Is this surprising to anyone? Statutory rape is a crime even if you think she's old enough. I'd assume that's been the law in every state since any of us have been adults.

Age of consent is the stupidest law ever.
Wait, what?
I don't know, the way these girls dress, and they're very knowledgable nowadays. The whole sweet innocent thing is a sham. Should be up to parents to teach kids about responsibility, then once they decide when to start having sex, it's their decision to make. You're going to imprison some dude for banging a gorgeous young girl who's completely willing and into it? How is that fair?

Wait, what?
I don't know, the way these girls dress, and they're very knowledgable nowadays. The whole sweet innocent thing is a sham. Should be up to parents to teach kids about responsibility, then once they decide when to start having sex, it's their decision to make. You're going to imprison some dude for banging a gorgeous young girl who's completely willing and into it? How is that fair?
There should be an age of consent but I agree it should be < 18

I have seen one or two 18 year olds that looked like very young teens. One in particular was 20 and so petite she looked no older than 14. My friend took her to dinner for a date and outside a group of guys confronted him because they thought he was taking out a teen. They didnt believe him until she came out to set things straight before he got pummeled.
Heck, even if you know she's 13 but she's got the body of a 20 year old, you shouldn't be condemned for the "crime" of "statutory" rape [/tim]

Wait, what?
Is this the pedophile speech from The Shield?

Wait, what?
Pretty much. The only time I think we should lend forgiveness in this case is if it is a bar/club and the female has gained access to a place where it is supposed to be over 18.

Wait, what?
Pretty much. The only time I think we should lend forgiveness in this case is if it is a bar/club and the female has gained access to a place where it is supposed to be over 18.
Very good point

Wait, what?
PREACH!!!

Heck, even if you know she's 13 but she's got the body of a 20 year old, you shouldn't be condemned for the "crime" of "statutory" rape [/tim]
Good info here.

I wonder what would happen if one of these guys had the girl on tape giving him a false age.

Eh they would still probably throw the book at him anyway.

Is this surprising to anyone? Statutory rape is a crime even if you think she's old enough. I'd assume that's been the law in every state since any of us have been adults.
Laws should take into consideration intent. If he has correspondence showing she lied then that should be a positive defense as he had no intent of having sex with a minor and he didn't think he was. Intent should matter.

Wait, what?
Very good point
What's the Chatsite they used have an age requirement for people over age of 18?

Wait, what?
Very good point
What's the Chatsite they used have an age requirement for people over age of 18?
I think there is a difference between a website that only requires someone to click a button to confirm their age and a club that has a bouncer checking IDs at the door.

Laws should take into consideration intent. If he has correspondence showing she lied then that should be a positive defense as he had no intent of having sex with a minor and he didn't think he was. Intent should matter.
the minute this is changed, the whole law becomes irrelevant. if "i thought she was 18" was a defense, guess what everyone will say? even if they have to get correspondence as evidence - (hey, send me a text saying you're 18).

I wonder what would happen if one of these guys had the girl on tape giving him a false age.

I believe this is a strict liability thing. If the girl was 13, went out to a bar and drank with him using a fake ID, took him to vote with her, then slept with him he'd still be guilty with no ability to offer a proactive defense using the bar, ID, or voting.

I believe this is a strict liability thing. If the girl was 13, went out to a bar and drank with him using a fake ID, took him to vote with her, then slept with him he'd still be guilty with no ability to offer a proactive defense using the bar, ID, or voting.
Yeah, most states there's no defense under a certain age.

I'm totally ignorant on the topic, but at what point would "statutory rape" actually have taken place? It says the two were "partially naked" in the vehicle, it doesn't say anything about any sexual intercourse or contact.

Users who are viewing this thread