What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official X-Men Thread: Dark Phoenix is up next (1 Viewer)

NewlyRetired

Footballguy
Oh happy day for the nerd in me.

There have been rumblings that some former X-Men cast members could return in the upcoming sequel Days of Future Past. Now we know for sureand it seems Magneto and Xavier's battle will rage through a few generations this time around.Bryan Singer has confirmed that X-Men stars Patrick Stewart (Professor X) and Sir Ian McKellen (Magneto) are the latest additions to First Class sequel Days of Future Past, which is said to be a time-jumping story based on the seminal 1980s comic arc of the same name.James McAvoy (Xavier) and Michael Fassbender (Magneto) took up the characters in the recent prequel, and it'll be amazing to see what happens with all four now in the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jackman is in talks to reprise his role in Bryan Singer's X-Men: First Class sequel. Considering we already know that former X-Men stars Sir Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are already coming back, it's no surprise that Jackman is also in the mix—and might not be the only one once it all shakes out.

Definitely excited for this one, but I'm really disappointed with the choice of Taylor Lautner as a young Juggernaut.

Definitely excited for this one, but I'm really disappointed with the choice of Taylor Lautner as a young Juggernaut.
When did that happen? I can't find that info anywhere. I know he was being considered in the first movie but it never happened. Right now there are only 7 confirmed cast members. Stewart, McKellen, McAvoy, Fassbender, Hoult, Lawrence, and Flemyng

When did that happen? I can't find that info anywhere. I know he was being considered in the first movie but it never happened. Right now there are only 7 confirmed cast members. Stewart, McKellen, McAvoy, Fassbender, Hoult, Lawrence, and Flemyng
:fishing: :D
You realize he was almost in the first movie right so this is not that big a leap?http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1643923/taylor-lautner-was-approached-x-men-first-class-bryan-singer.jhtmlThere had also been a rumor the 18-year-old was approached for a role in "X-Men: First Class," Marvel's adaptation of the comic series that follows the young mutants as they enroll in Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Turns out that rumor was actually true, as producer Bryan Singer revealed over the weekend.

Lautner is the kid from twilight right. (dont want to google that now. Dont need 8th grade girls asking why I am googling him)

He would make a pretty good teen colosus imo, but not juggernaut

Pretty good teaser for this in the credits of The Wolverine.

The Wolverine itself was pretty good. A huge step up from the previous Wolverine, but not as good as the better X-films (X2, First Class).

First trailer is out. This looks like it could be confusing :) http://youtu.be/pK2zYHWDZKo
Are any of the previous movies tossed out as far as story goes for this?
All 6 previous movies are in play.

We know Magneto gets his powers back at the end of XMen 3 (which means Rogue probably did as well) and we know Xavier transfered his consciousness to another body before dieing. They just need to explain how he got his original looks back (clone or what ever)

This movie picks up where the end credits in The Wolverine left off.

First trailer is out. This looks like it could be confusing :) http://youtu.be/pK2zYHWDZKo
All 6 previous movies are in play. We know Magneto gets his powers back at the end of XMen 3 (which means Rogue probably did as well) and we know Xavier transfered his consciousness to another body before dieing. They just need to explain how he got his original looks back (clone or what ever)

So I need to see The Wolverine?

Doesn't Wolverine Origins kind of not lineup with First Class? Prof. X walked in Wolverine, no?

All 6 previous movies are in play. We know Magneto gets his powers back at the end of XMen 3 (which means Rogue probably did as well) and we know Xavier transfered his consciousness to another body before dieing. They just need to explain how he got his original looks back (clone or what ever)

Doesn't Wolverine Origins kind of not lineup with First Class? Prof. X walked in Wolverine, no?
There are going to be a few inconsistencies but nothing major. They can always explain the walking scene as Xaviers mental projection instead him really being there or something like that. First Class has plenty of small inconsistencies with the first 4 movies.

The Wolverine was a pretty good movie, unlike Wolverine Origin, so it is worth seeing.

If you are not interested then just seek out the ending after the credits on youtube if you want.

Well, I think this looks like a mess, but in fairness it's hard for me to remember the last X universe film I liked.

The first two were acceptable but have aged badly. I enjoyed First Class for as long as it followed Micheal Fassbender on his quest for revenge and got bored almost as soon as he met Xavier.

Thought the best thing to say about the second Wolverine movie was that it wasn't the first Wolverine movie.

All 6 previous movies are in play.We know Magneto gets his powers back at the end of XMen 3 (which means Rogue probably did as well) and we know Xavier transfered his consciousness to another body before dieing. They just need to explain how he got his original looks back (clone or what ever)

:no: that movie is the worst of the bunch, by far. ETA: I have this confused with the first one. Haven't seen the 2nd.

I actually liked First Class more than the rest of the X-verse except maybe the first X.

DOFP just looks confusing and ripe for criticism unless you're willing to look past inconsistencies

Nope. Singer has said that they all count, that they all happened, but that none of it really matters after this. So... yeah. Time travel. Ugh.
Considering what a gigantic mess Fox made out of this franchise save First Class, which still had problems sticking to the source material and had some woefully bad casting choices for the parts of Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost in particular, I can't say a reboot via time travel a la Star Trek (2009) is a bad idea at all.

I'm in. I've never heard of the guy who plays Bishop. Interested to see what role he'll have.

Here is my rankings of the movies

Xmen 2

First Class

Xmen

The Wolverine

Xmen 3

Xmen Origins: Wolverine

I am hoping Days of Future Past will be closer to the top 4 than the bottom 2.

I'm in. I've never heard of the guy who plays Bishop. Interested to see what role he'll have.
It will likely be a pretty small role with the massive size of the cast. Hopefully the movie will run at least 150 minutes to give some screen time to the various characters.

I have never heard of the guy who is playing Bishop either. Looking at his IMDB page, he has done a lot of work but most of it looks to be in French films.

Xmen 2

First Class

Xmen

The Wolverine

Xmen 3

I threw up in my mouth a little :(

After First Class I rate about all the X-Men movies equally in how bad they were.

First class on the other hand was amazing and Days of Future Past looks like it will be amazing.

Xmen 2

First Class

Xmen

The Wolverine

Xmen 3

I threw up in my mouth a little :(

After First Class I rate about all the X-Men movies equally in how bad they were.

First class on the other hand was amazing and Days of Future Past looks like it will be amazing.
here is how the general viewing audience rated the films, via IMDB

First Class: 7.8

XMen 2: 7.5

Xmen: 7.4

The Wolverine: 7.0

Xmen 3: 6.8

Xmen Origins Wolverine: 6.7

Here is how the critics, as compiled by Rotten Tomatoes, reviewed the 6 movies

Xmen 2: 87%

Xmen: 87%

Xmen First Class: 87%

The Wolverine: 69%

Xmen Last Stand: 57%

Xmen Origins Wolverine: 38%

Wow, looks good. One of my favorite X-men storylines.

Peter Dinklage is playing Trask, genius casting!

Wait, no January Jones in this?
No they decided it would be cheaper to place a cardboard cutout of Emma Forst in scenes and still achieve the same effect.
:lmao:

I like her tho. :shrug: Did they really ditch Emma Frost??
Yes they did toss her character, even though I think Emma Frost is in the comic Days of Future Past

http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-future-past-emma-frost-january-jones/
Ah, thanks. Frost was definitely in the DFP comic series, but I can see how they could drop her and the whole Hellfire Club if needed given how much they have to work with. GREAT choice of source material.

No they decided it would be cheaper to place a cardboard cutout of Emma Forst in scenes and still achieve the same effect.

Yes they did toss her character, even though I think Emma Frost is in the comic Days of Future Past

Ah, thanks. Frost was definitely in the DFP comic series, but I can see how they could drop her and the whole Hellfire Club if needed given how much they have to work with. GREAT choice of source material.
No, she wasn't. DFP was the X-Men vs. Mystique's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Destiny. X-Men 141-142.

No, she wasn't. DFP was the X-Men vs. Mystique's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Destiny. X-Men 141-142.
Right, but the Hellfire Club, based in London, was in the story. But you may be right as I think the Red Queen was the co-ruler. Been a while since I read those issues, which are around here somewhere and in NM condition too. I might check. Anyway, the whole HC plot was highly ancillary, Frost or not, and is an obvious cut.

NM, I just figured it out. She figured prominently in the Wolverine DFP offshoot series, but not in the two main Uncanny X-Men books. Sorry for my confusion.

I thought there was a second DFP storyline that involved Bishop and maybe Cable. Seemed like there was a lot in the trailer that made me think it wasn't that classic DFP story.

danielmclark said:
Comics Rogue: awesome. Movie Rogue: horrible. I couldn't care less that her one minor scene was cut.
Agreed. She was one of the worst adaptations from comic to screen. Gambit being the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread