What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Uniforms which should never have been changed (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
Most of you know how I feel about the hideous change the Rams made. (If you don't, it makes me homicidal).

In other sports, I wish the White Sox would go back to these full-time, and in hoops, the Hawks should rock the Dominique look again.

Please include photos with your nominations if possible, instead of just saying "I liked the 1980s Montreal Expos jerseys", etc.

I had a bunch of MLB hats when I was a kid. That was one of 'em. I had to beg my mother to buy it for me -- she thought it was the ugliest hat she had ever seen. In hindsight, she was right.
uglier than the BROWNS UNIFORM?
The Browns are a unique phenomenon. Their uniforms are SO ugly that they are actually outstanding. The only other time I felt that way was with Penn State's football uniforms.

NFL

NY GIANTS should have never changed their helmets.

Buffalo needs to stay with the white helmets, Chargers need to always wear powder blues and white helmets at home.

And people think I'm nuts, but my favorite all-time NFL uniform is this one.

MLB:

Brewers need to use these all the time, and use them with this hat on on the road.

The A's can't wear these enough.

Cleveland should just fold, I don't care about their uniforms.

Mariners need to go back to these or some sort of hybrid. Maybe get inspired by Arizona State?

NBA:

Warriors and the Kings need to use these but incorporate this.

NHL:

The best sport for jerseys/sweaters, so many good ones. I hate the new Dallas Stars sweaters, and the Ducks have a terrible mascot so their are gonna suck regardless. Ottawa needs to use these as much as possible, rulez.

I had a bunch of MLB hats when I was a kid. That was one of 'em. I had to beg my mother to buy it for me -- she thought it was the ugliest hat she had ever seen. In hindsight, she was right.
The Browns are a unique phenomenon. Their uniforms are SO ugly that they are actually outstanding. The only other time I felt that way was with Penn State's football uniforms.
Yeah I like the Browns also.

NFL

NY GIANTS should have never changed their helmets.

Buffalo needs to stay with the white helmets, Chargers need to always wear powder blues and white helmets at home.

And people think I'm nuts, but my favorite all-time NFL uniform is this one.

MLB:

Brewers need to use these all the time, and use them with this hat on on the road.

The A's can't wear these enough.

Cleveland should just fold, I don't care about their uniforms.

Mariners need to go back to these or some sort of hybrid. Maybe get inspired by Arizona State?

NBA:

Warriors and the Kings need to use these but incorporate this.

NHL:

The best sport for jerseys/sweaters, so many good ones. I hate the new Dallas Stars sweaters, and the Ducks have a terrible mascot so their are gonna suck regardless. Ottawa needs to use these as much as possible, rulez.
:goodposting: .... but only because there isn't a GREAT posting thingy. Agree with all of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I like the Browns also.
Jesus, ARE YOU ME? I've been fighting for the brown-on-orange, Brian Sipe-era look for years, but the hardcore Browns fans seem to hate it. I think it's an incredibly sharp look.

The SAINTS uniform that was scrapped 1969

http://www.helmethut.com/feat.html
Staying in the NFC South, I loved the Falcons duds in the Bartkowski era. Love the shade of red... love the old-school bird on the helmet.
Yeah we have the same eye on these things, the Falcons reds are terrific outfits. The helmet makes the uniform in the NFL, the uniform should just compliment the helmet. I think Atlanta reds are the best example of this, also the Pats, Saints, and Cowboys. I much prefer the lighter green in the Eagles uniforms also, don't care for the newer ones that much.

YES!

(Just kidding)

Although I kind of always liked THESE, even though I never understood the red:

And on a serious note ...

YES!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those late 70's Pirates, "antique" hats were the worst. We had to wear that same style for a couple of years in youth ball.

Same thing with those multi-hue Astros jerseys. My HS adopted that look for their baseball teams but the stripes were various shades of green. :puke:

These were pretty pathetic too.

Users who are viewing this thread