What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denver police say man ate pot candy before killing his wife (1 Viewer)

ooof my wife had Nancy Grace on in the background and I heard her going off about how this guy ate a marijuana cookie THEN KILLED HIS WIFE

I almost killed my wife after listening to Nancy Grace

Sad. His wife would be alive today if he was a drunk instead.

Forget prohibition; I support legalization. But the strains and methods used to ingest pot are getting more intricate, involved, and probably dangerous.

There was a story here in Houston about a lady that killed her boyfriend after drinking an alcoholic beverage!

Search warrants released Thursday said 44-year-old Kristine Kirk told dispatchers her husband bought and ate the candy before he started hallucinating and frightening the couple's three children.

Police say 47-year-old Richard Kirk also may have taken prescription pain medication before he began acting erratically.

It was not clear whether the pot influenced his behavior.

Data on 1,887 convicted homicide offenders were examined to discern the relationships between alcohol and/or drug use and murder. Information obtained through confidential interviews at state prisons and local jails provided demographics and information on drinking and drug use immediately before the crime and relevant data on the offenders' typical drinking style. About 50 percent of the offenders were under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crime, similar to the rate found by other studies. Substance use was more prevalent than nonuse before the homicide: 36 percent used alcohol only, 13 percent used both alcohol and drugs, 7 percent used drugs only, and 43 percent did not use either.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/004723529090002S

"Pot candy" - :lol:

I eat an edible and I can't get off the couch.
In all seriousness, from past experiences, I'm unable to move or think clearly other than being completely paranoid about every inch of my body causing me or anybody else trouble.

He was believed to be taking narcotic pain medication at the time as well.

And he stated that he was "the strongest in the Church of Latter Day Saints." So, presumably, this guy believed that Jesus lived in America and that he was going to rule his own planet some day, even when sober.

I think that more information will come out about this guy's serious mental health problems in the coming days.

The weed had as much to do with it as JJs racism threads. Well, less actually.

This one time I heard my cat meow, then punched my wife in the face. Turns out the cat was to blame.. who knew.

Whatever happened to the days when after getting baked, all you do is zone out and listen to Floyd or Traffic?

And he stated that he was "the strongest in the Church of Latter Day Saints." So, presumably, this guy believed that Jesus lived in America and that he was going to rule his own planet some day, even when sober.
Is he wrong? :confused:

ETA: I may have missed your point. Do you have to be sober to rule a planet. If so, I'm out. :oldunsure:

Last edited:
No idea what really happened/caused this here, but I do worry a little about newbies favoring edibles over smoking. Seems to be more intense and easier to overdo it.

I booked this guy earlier this week. I don't think he had an idea what happened (he was that out of it). He probably had some mental health issues as well. Sad to see the kids witnessed it. I think he is on suicide watch. The statement also said that he was taking prescription medication, so take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I booked this guy earlier this week. I don't think he had an idea what happened (he was that out of it). He probably had some mental health issues as well. Sad to see the kids witnessed it. I think he is on suicide watch. The statement also said that he was taking prescription medication, so take it for what it's worth.
You are a Denver PD officer I take it?

This is a smoke screen to distract from the fact that these guys live 1 mile from the district police station and if took them 15 minutes to get the there after she called 911. Denver cops suck

This is a smoke screen to distract from the fact that these guys live 1 mile from the district police station and if took them 15 minutes to get the there after she called 911. Denver cops suck
I hear they spend too much time posting on fantasy football message boards.

Oh ####!!! The fuzz is here. Run!!!!

This kind of crap was to be expected. Oh did we forget to mention the prescription drug abuse and existing mental issues? Slipped our mind somehow. There is money behind every "pot did it" story. From private prisons, prison guard unions, police who are losing federal money, etc. Lots of people will be pushing this meme.

With all that said I am not a fan of edibles personally. Newbs should be very careful with them as it is is easy to overdo it and feel like crap. Of course I have never known anyone to eat a whole edible and do much more than veg though.

The last time I smoked pot (about 17 years ago, lol!) I had auditory halucinations. I never really had been much of a smoker, I had only dabbled on a rare occasion. Somehow, I ended up pulling down a 4 foot tube and after coughing for a few minutes, my hearing just went whacko. Eventually I realized that the forground noise and background noise had flip flopped. I remember sitting outside talking to a buddy and it sounded like he was down a long tunnel from me, meanwhile there was this roaring loud noise that I eventually realized was just crickets outside at night. Freaking weird. Never smoked pot again. Not that I wouldn't if it was legal now... but it can definitely do weird stuff to you if you take more than you're used to.

In all seriousness, from past experiences, I'm unable to move or think clearly other than being completely paranoid about every inch of my body causing me or anybody else trouble.
So, this is a reason for people to start blazing up?
Edibles can be pretty strong. If you don't know what you are doing you can definitely over do it and be vegged out for a while.

Edibles aren't generally flammable.
Eat it...smoke it...I don't really care what you do with it as long as it doesn't impair you so much you can't drive.My greater point is if it makes paranoid, hallucinate or whatever, why take it?

Eat it...smoke it...I don't really care what you do with it as long as it doesn't impair you so much you can't drive.My greater point is if it makes paranoid, hallucinate or whatever, why take it?
Most people don't hallucinate or get paranoid. I have smoked for over 30 years. I have never done either of those things, Now pot is like anything else. There are probably a certain percentage of the population who shouldn't use it as it doesn't affect them well but they are in the minority.

Most people don't hallucinate or get paranoid. I have smoked for over 30 years. I have never done either of those things, Now pot is like anything else. There are probably a certain percentage of the population who shouldn't use it as it doesn't affect them well but they are in the minority.
Fair enough. I've got no problem with that.

Heard a story on the radio this morning about a kid that fell off a balcony after eating a whole cookie. He was told by the dispensary to cut the cookie into 6 pieces. He ate a piece and it didn't hit him right away so he ate the whole thing. Supposedly the kid had never even smoked before.

:wall:

Users who are viewing this thread