What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did the Packers choke? (1 Viewer)

Did the Packers choke?

• No

Votes: 76 31.3%
  • Smoo

Votes: 15 6.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 152 62.6%

• Total voters
Yes.

It's not so much that they lost, but how they looked in losing. They looked nothing like the team that went 15-1. Mike McCarthy should hang his head for doing a piss poor job in getting the team ready, despite having two weeks to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why cant the Giants win without everybody saying the other team lost it?

They didn't choke they got their asses kicked ... Rogers was rushing his passes and gunning the ball harder than he had to and with less accuracy.

In the 1st half he wasn't touched because he was just getting rid of the ball as fast as possible.

one of the most overrated #1 seeds ever.
:rolleyes:
You can't resist the bait.. lol.. hilarious..They did stink up the field though
Sure they did...but all I did was roll my eyes there chief.There was no purpose in actually commenting on his garbage beyond that.
you can comment further or dispute it because you know it's true. sorry, pal. the truth hurts.
:rollseyes:

:goodposting:They got bailed out by the refs several times during the year. They were a 11 to 12 win team at best with honest officiating. Giants just exposed them for what they were.
I would say 8 dropped passes would be considered a "choke". they catch those passes and it's a very different game.
or if they didn't turn the ball over as many times, or if they scored more points, or if the giants scored less, or the giants turned the ball over more... or... point is, the packers got there rear ends kicked..

Years after the Battle of Gettysburg, they asked George Pickett why he thought the charge failed; who was to blame?

"Well, I think the Yankees had something to do with that"

Maybe one day Aaron Rodgers will have a similar answer.

:goodposting:They got bailed out by the refs several times during the year. They were a 11 to 12 win team at best with honest officiating. Giants just exposed them for what they were.
I would say 8 dropped passes would be considered a "choke". they catch those passes and it's a very different game.
or if they didn't turn the ball over as many times, or if they scored more points, or if the giants scored less, or the giants turned the ball over more... or... point is, the packers got there rear ends kicked..

You can't resist the bait.. lol.. hilarious..They did stink up the field though
Sure they did...but all I did was roll my eyes there chief.There was no purpose in actually commenting on his garbage beyond that.
you can comment further or dispute it because you know it's true. sorry, pal. the truth hurts.

You don't think that 4th quarter "roughing the QB" call was bogus?
Nope. Not at all.
Should've seen the reverse angle. It the kind of "hit" that makes soccer players scream in agony.

Answer to OP: The Packers were never as good as their record suggested to begin with.. These two teams were pretty evenly matched, and Giants had a great game.. Packers got spanked, they didn't choke..

The Giants are not even close to a great team - they are decent, but not great. The Packers and the Saints had a fatal flaw - PS3 offense combined with a Pong defense isn't going to cut it in the playoffs. I am not sure if the 49ers will be able to score enough even though they might hold NY to 17 or 20. New England is the only PS3 offense left in the playoffs - and I am not so sure the Ravens mighnot just stifle them. In which case we find out once again that defense wins championships.

You don't think that 4th quarter "roughing the QB" call was bogus?
Can someone describe this play for me? I was taking a dump.
Kiwi came in hard and tried to pull back but accidentally knocked Rogers over ... No where near as bad as the non calls when Eli got hammered ... or your dump for that matter.
Giant player hit Rodgers in the ribs with and arm and the refs called it a blow to the head.

the packers are the only 15-1 team to be one and done in the playoffs. how does that not make them one of the most overrated #1 seeds ever?

all offense, no defense, and when they struggle on offense they lose because that is all they have to depend on. giants had them figured out and made the game look easy for them. screw this talk about the packers having a bad game. they had a bad game because the giants made it so. coughlin simply outcoached and completely embarrasses mccarthy on his home field again.

Packers choke? Nah.

The Packers didn't play well and the Giants did. New York presents a real match-up problem for Green Bay and that's why the GMen were the most common "upset" selection this weekend. The 2012 Giants are similar to the 2011 Packers...get hot at the right time, get into the playoffs, and see what happens.

The better team won today.

Clearly. Not even remotely arguable. The team stunk on defense all year and pulled games out of their asses. The weather tightened up and they got spanked. Seriously. Who--besides the delusional, toothless souls that root for this team--didn't see this coming?

Honestly, I think the Packers (like the numerous Colts examples) are proving that sitting your starters at the end of the regular season - especially on offense - AND a one week bye, is a recipe for "rusty" play. Sure there have been teams that have done it well - but there seems to mounting evidence on the other side that it's a legititamate issue.

How else do you explain the NUMEROUS offensive miscues? Rodgers missed several open receivers, their were numerous drops and mutliple fumbles.

That is NOT to take anything away from the Giants - they played an outstanding game. It was an inspired effort on defense, complimented by an offense that made big plays and executed when it needed to.

All I know is that if I am a head coach and it's weeks 16-17 and I have the option of sitting my offensive starters or letting them play - they're playing. Maybe not deep into the 4th quarter - but they're playing "real speed" football up until they have to take a week off for the bye.

Answer to OP: The Packers were never as good as their record suggested to begin with.. These two teams were pretty evenly matched, and Giants had a great game.. Packers got spanked, they didn't choke..
There's my stalker.. Hows that lose feel big shot?
:wacko:Stay classy, Caroline. Every post you make further cements your status on these boards.
Congrats, you've made it, you're now on the short list of posters in this forum I use the 'ignore' setting for. And it took you less than 500 posts. As if you have ever posted anything worth reading to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread