What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL1 Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Placeholder for teams

1.01 Phenix - Jimmy Graham - TE1 - NOS

2.16 Phenix - Matt Stafford - QB5 - DET

3.01 Phenix - Keenan Allen - WR11 - SDC

4.16 Phenix - Knowshon Moreno - RB23 - MIA

5.01 Phenix - Bishop Sankey - RB24 - TEN

1.02 By the sea wannabe - Jamaal Charles - RB1 - KCC

2.15 By the sea wannabe - Reggie Bush - RB14 - DET

3.02 By the sea wannabe - Jordy Nelson - WR12 - GBP

4.15 By the sea wannabe - Robert Griffin III - QB10 - WAS

5.02 By the sea wannabe - Dennis Pitta - TE10 - BAL

1.03 Fullback Fro - LeSean McCoy - RB2 - PHI

2.14 Fullback Fro - Zac Stacy - RB13 - STL

3.03 Fullback Fro - Pierre Garcon - WR13 - WAS

4.14 Fullback Fro - Zach Ertz - TE9 - PHI

5.03 Fullback Fro - Colin Kaepernick - QB11 - SFO

1.04 Rudy - Adrian Peterson - RB3 - MIN

2.13 Rudy - Antonio Brown - WR10 - PIT

3.04 Rudy - Andre Ellington - RB15 - ARI

4.13 Rudy - Jordan Reed - TE8 - WAS

5.04 Rudy - Jay Cutler - QB12 - CHI

1.05 Jeff pasquino - Calvin Johnson - WR1 - DET

2.12 Jeff pasquino - Andrew Luck - QB4 - IND

3.05 Jeff pasquino - Vernon Davis - TE4 - SFO

4.12 Jeff pasquino - Ray Rice - RB22 - BAL

5.05 Jeff pasquino - TY Hilton - WR23 - IND

1.06 FFNinja - Matt Forte - RB4 - CHI

2.11 FFNinja - Larry Fitzgerald - WR9 - ARI

3.06 FFNinja - Ryan Matthews - RB16 - SDC

4.11 FFNinja - Greg Olson - TE7 - CAR

5.06 FFNinja - Mike Wallace - WR24 - MIA

1.07 Renesauz - AJ Geen - WR2 - CIN

2.10 Renesauz - Randall Cobb - WR8 - GBP

3.07 Renesauz - Alfred Morris - RB17 - WAS

4.10 Renesauz - Cam Newton - QB9 - CAR

5.07 Renesauz - Chris Johnson - RB25 - NYJ

1.08 Go Pack - Demaryius Thomas - WR3 - DEN

2.09 Go Pack - Drew Brees - QB3 - NOS

3.08 Go Pack - CJ Spiller - RB18 - BUF

4.09 Go Pack - Trent Richardson - RB21 - IND

5.08 Go Pack - Torrey Smith - WR25 - BAL

1.09 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Dez Bryant - WR4 - DAL

2.08 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Arian Foster - RB12 - HOU

3.09 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Andre Johnson - WR14 - HOU

4.08 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Ben Tate - RB20 - CLE

5.09 Pimpin Ain't Easy - Tony Romo - QB13 - DAL

1.10 Bicycle Seat Sniffer - Eddie Lacy - RB5 - GBP

2.07 Bicycle Seat Sniffer - Julius Thomas - TE3 - DEN

3.10 Bicycle Seat Sniffer - Victor Cruz - WR15 - NYG

4.07 Bicycle Seat Sniffer - Nick Foles - QB8 - PHI

5.10 Bicycle Seat Sniffer - Toby Gerhardt - RB26 - JAX

1.11 Bronx Bomber - Marshawn Lynch - RB6 - SEA

2.06 Bronx Bomber - Alshon Jeffrey - WR7 - CHI

3.11 Bronx Bomber - Jordan Cameron - TE5 - CLE

4.06 Bronx Bomber - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR22 - MIN

1.12 Sweet Love - Peyton Manning - QB1 - DEN

2.05 Sweet Love - Montee Ball - RB11 - DEN

3.12 Sweet Love - Percy Harvin - WR16 - SEA

4.05 Sweet Love - Roddy White - WR21 - ATL

1.13 Nittany Lion - Brandon Marshall - WR5 - CHI

2.04 Nittany Lion - Demarco Murray - RB10 - DAL

3.13 Nittany Lion - Jason Witten - TE6 - DAL

4.04 Nittany Lion - Matt Ryan - QB7 - ATL

1.14 Mastershake - Aaron Rodgers - QB2 - GBP

2.03 Mastershake - Rob Gronkowski - TE2 - NEP

3.14 Mastershake - Wes Welker - WR17 - DEN

4.03 Mastershake - DeSean Jackson - WR20 - WAS

1.15 AhrnCityPahnder - Le'Veon Bell - RB7 - PIT

2.02 AhrnCityPahnder - Julio Jones - WR6 - ATL

3.15 AhrnCityPahnder - Tom Brady - QB6 - NEP

4.02 AhrnCityPahnder - Vincent Jackson - WR19 - TBB

1.16 Nugget - Doug Martin - RB8 - TBB

2.01 Nugget - Giovanni Bernard - RB9 - CIN

3.16 Nugget - Michael Crabtree - WR18 - SFO

4.01 Nugget - Shane Vereen - RB19 - NEP

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we going to have an MFL draft set up in tandem? I know our PDSL draft went much quicker once we got MFL going. The predraft feature and text alerts for when you are on the clock are huge.

Are we going to have an MFL draft set up in tandem? I know our PDSL draft went much quicker once we got MFL going. The predraft feature and text alerts for when you are on the clock are huge.
Agreed that MFL speeds things up and make picking from a phone easier since the pick and on the clock notification goes out automatically

Last I looked, we had 15 of our 16 SSL1 participants in. We need one more - not sure the process to pick from SSL2 top 4.

After we get our 16, I can update the draft thread.

From the Signup thread and the SSL Ladder Chart posted on page 2, Here is who I think is in at this point:

1 Sweet Love

2. PAE

3. Nugget

4. BSS

5. ACP

6. Fro

7. Nittany Lion

8. Renesauz

9. Go Pack

10. Rudy

11. Mastershake

12. FFNinja

13. By the see wannabe

14. Phenix

15. Bronx Bomber

Only Out was MOP

Next 4 per the ladder would be:

SSL1#6 - Jason Wood

SSL2#6 - Pasquino

SSL3#4 - Duckboy

SSL4#4 - Atomic Punk

Not sure who gets the nod out of this group if MOP is still out.

I can do a random order in Excel for the draft position.

Feedback is appreciated.

Agreed that MFL speeds things up and make picking from a phone easier since the pick and on the clock notification goes out automatically
Can we stop with this? It has always been a slow draft here at FBG.

Why do people sign up when they know that and try to change the rules, just don't sign up if the rules are not to your liking.

They set up an MFL page for scoring not to draft in.

Can we stop with this? It has always been a slow draft here at FBG.

Why do people sign up when they know that and try to change the rules, just don't sign up if the rules are not to your liking.

They set up an MFL page for scoring not to draft in.
We drafted in MFL last year and it worked just fine. Seems like a fair question to ask if we are going to do that again this year. I am not worried about the pace of the draft, but find it easier to draft on a site where we can see all picks easily rather than sorting through a message board, plus the notifications go out automatically with no full inbox issues to deal with.

1 Sweet Love

2. PAE

3. Nugget

4. BSS

5. ACP

6. Fro

7. Nittany Lion

8. Renesauz

9. Go Pack

10. Rudy

11. Mastershake

12. FFNinja

13. By the see wannabe

14. Phenix

15. Bronx Bomber

16. Jeff Pasquino

Updated 1st post of draft thread with PM Links, sent notes to first 6 but need to do actual work now. Phenix could not accept PMs.

Thought about taking Peyton at 1.8 but went with Demaryius.
I got sniped on Lynch (thanks, Bomber), but did not love anyone else, so went with Manning. It is my first time taking a QB in Round 1, so I am kind of curious how this plays out. This is such tough competition, I am not sure if I will be able to field a team to my satisfaction, but I also felt I had to go BPA here once Lynch was gone.

PM'd Mastershake

1.13 Brandon Marshall, WR Broncos - one of the last, if not THE last gamebreaker type available. I like the fact that he plays 2 games vs both Packers and Lions, I do not like the fact that he plays home games outside in the winter, and Minnesota will be playing outdoors this Season...

...I LOVE the fact that he is HUGE, that he's matured and taken on a leadership role with the Team, that he has a strong running game to take the pressure off, and a gunslinger of a QB who's not afraid to let Marshall go up and fight for the ball.

PM'd Mastershake

1.13 Brandon Marshall, WR Broncos - one of the last, if not THE last gamebreaker type available. I like the fact that he plays 2 games vs both Packers and Lions, I do not like the fact that he plays home games outside in the winter, and Minnesota will be playing outdoors this Season...

...I LOVE the fact that he is HUGE, that he's matured and taken on a leadership role with the Team, that he has a strong running game to take the pressure off, and a gunslinger of a QB who's not afraid to let Marshall go up and fight for the ball.
wow....pretty big decision for the NFL to have CHI and DEN swap divisions.......and I must have missed the news on the trade... ;)

1.16 Doug Martin

2.01 Gio Bernard

Going old school here with the RB/RB start. I haven't liked the way my WSL and PDSL teams have developed this year, so I wanted to change it up. Playing from an end is always interesting.

Jeff Pasquino said:
There's a reason I picked Luck here - I'll explain after my next pick.
You want to really show the guys in your league who's boss? Throw away your second round pick. Seriously. Toss it. When you're sitting around the table and your pick comes up and everyone looks at you, just politely say "Luck." Do the same thing in the three round. Let them laugh. That's just a sign of their insecurity. The quiet ones are the ones who are realizing, at that very moment, that they aren't dealing with just any ordinary fantasy magic football guy. This is a real life hawk, sitting right across the table from them, and the one thing that is going through their mind is what they should be putting in the Memo field of the $50 check they are writing to you, because this fantasy season has already ended for them. It’s like the schoolyard bully taking everyone’s lunch money, except he doesn’t have to ask--the kids just line up and fork it over.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
BassNBrew said:
Looks like Jeff P has been out of the loop. Definitely reached 2 rounds early on Luck.
yeah I missed that memo that he's the #4QB in these. that seems to be where he goes
He is the QB4 but has been locked in around 4.4 to 4.8 in numerous drafts. In theory the QBs should slide further in the SSLs since the QB positions across the league now have more clarity and the skill positions are more up in the air.

Pretty safe bet that he would be there in the 3rd if you really wanted him. The only possible reason i can see drafting him in the 2nd is if you're locked into Newton or Stafford in the 3rd round.

Jeff Pasquino said:
You want to really show the guys in your league who's boss? Throw away your second round pick. Seriously. Toss it. When you're sitting around the table and your pick comes up and everyone looks at you, just politely say "Luck." Do the same thing in the three round. Let them laugh. That's just a sign of their insecurity. The quiet ones are the ones who are realizing, at that very moment, that they aren't dealing with just any ordinary fantasy magic football guy. This is a real life hawk, sitting right across the table from them, and the one thing that is going through their mind is what they should be putting in the Memo field of the $50 check they are writing to you, because this fantasy season has already ended for them. It’s like the schoolyard bully taking everyone’s lunch money, except he doesn’t have to ask--the kids just line up and fork it over.
:lmao:

Jeff Pasquino said:
Ok Gents - right or wrong, here is my reasoning.

I have Andrew Luck several tiers above the QBs who would make it back to me at the 4/5 turn, so I chose to take him at 2.12. Might seem strange, but if I wanted Luck, that's where I had to take him, considering that the 4 teams between my 2nd and 3rd picks all needed a quarterback. I've already considered Luck's ADP from the PDSLs, so I knew he wasn't going to get back to me at the 4/5 turn either - so if I really wanted him, I needed to get him at the 2/3 portion of my draft. I have him as a great choice for this league and above Stafford and others, so I really wanted him with a great schedule, improved receivers, running ability for a QB and not much at tailback in Indy to speak of, which means the team will be all about Luck and the passing game most of the time once again.

As to why "2" instead of "3", again - that was based on other team needs (all needed a QB) between my picks and the tiers of the positions that I wanted at the 2/3 turn. I already have Calvin, so I wanted a Top 5 QB and a Top 5 TE, rather than play the committee game. RBs didn't excite me here with CJ Spiller likely no longer considered a feature back and relatively the same types of RBs likely available at the 4/5 section of the draft - and WRs are deep. So I chose to go QB and TE at 2/3. TE was deep here and 1.01 was Graham, so no more than 3 would go off the board by my 3rd (and surprisingly, none did) - so I knew I'd get one of my Top 3-4 guys left which was the end of my tier for elite tight ends.

I'm happy to walk away with Luck, VDavis and Calvin in my first 3 picks, as I have all of them as Top 5 at their positions.

So, ADP be damned in this case as I wanted Luck, even if it seems early.

Jeff Pasquino said:

I have Andrew Luck several tiers above the QBs who would make it back to me at the 4/5 turn, so I chose to take him at 2.12. Might seem strange, but if I wanted Luck, that's where I had to take him, considering that the 4 teams between my 2nd and 3rd picks all needed a quarterback. I've already considered Luck's ADP from the PDSLs, so I knew he wasn't going to get back to me at the 4/5 turn either - so if I really wanted him, I needed to get him at the 2/3 portion of my draft. I have him as a great choice for this league and above Stafford and others, so I really wanted him with a great schedule, improved receivers, running ability for a QB and not much at tailback in Indy to speak of, which means the team will be all about Luck and the passing game most of the time once again.

As to why "2" instead of "3", again - that was based on other team needs (all needed a QB) between my picks and the tiers of the positions that I wanted at the 2/3 turn. I already have Calvin, so I wanted a Top 5 QB and a Top 5 TE, rather than play the committee game. RBs didn't excite me here with CJ Spiller likely no longer considered a feature back and relatively the same types of RBs likely available at the 4/5 section of the draft - and WRs are deep. So I chose to go QB and TE at 2/3. TE was deep here and 1.01 was Graham, so no more than 3 would go off the board by my 3rd (and surprisingly, none did) - so I knew I'd get one of my Top 3-4 guys left which was the end of my tier for elite tight ends.

I'm happy to walk away with Luck, VDavis and Calvin in my first 3 picks, as I have all of them as Top 5 at their positions.

It's my opinion that rd2 WR + rd 4/5 QB > Luck + rd 4/5 WR.

Sometimes you just have to take what your draft position gives you. For instance 1.1 may think Julio Jones finishes as WR1, but 1.1 is never going to get a shot at selecting Julio.

Jeff Pasquino said:

It's my opinion that rd2 WR + rd 4/5 QB > Luck + rd 4/5 WR.

Sometimes you just have to take what your draft position gives you. For instance 1.1 may think Julio Jones finishes as WR1, but 1.1 is never going to get a shot at selecting Julio.
I respect that opinion, but I felt that Luck + later WRs >> later QBs and earlier WR. Time will tell.

Part of the dynamic here is to not just autopilot and pick the value based on the hand dealt (and if I could have traded down, I certainly would have), but given these rules, I am attempting to build a winning team. To do that I felt Calvin + a Top 4 QB + a Top 5 TE was the best way to start building this team, based on what I see as value / picks to come over the next 4-7 rounds. The dropoff from a Rd 2 WR to the Rds 4-7 WRs is not as significant to me.

PM'd Mastershake

1.13 Brandon Marshall, WR Bears - one of the last, if not THE last gamebreaker type available. I like the fact that he plays 2 games vs both Packers and Lions, I do not like the fact that he plays home games outside in the winter, and Minnesota will be playing outdoors this Season...

2.04: DeMarco Murray, RB Cowboys - one of the last, if not THE last 'Bell Cow' RB's capable of catching 48+ passes, scoring double-digit TD's, and in a upper-tier offense. Thought long and hard about Orange Julius and Brees here...

3 RBs after 4 rounds. I will be going heavy WR rest of the draft to make up for only having a WR2 through the first 75+ picks.

Swinging for the fences at RB with Spiller and Richardson the last 2 picks. I still like Spiller's PPR potential if he is over the ankle injury that slowed him all last year and the Colts offense should put Richardson in position to score points if he actually remembers how to play RB after taking last year off.

nittanylion said:
PM'd Mastershake

1.13 Brandon Marshall, WR Bears - one of the last, if not THE last gamebreaker type available. I like the fact that he plays 2 games vs both Packers and Lions, I do not like the fact that he plays home games outside in the winter, and Minnesota will be playing outdoors this Season...

2.04: DeMarco Murray, RB Cowboys - one of the last, if not THE last 'Bell Cow' RB's capable of catching 48+ passes, scoring double-digit TD's, and in a upper-tier offense. Thought long and hard about Orange Julius and Brees here...
3.13: Jason WItten, TE Cowboys - Going into the far turn, I took a look at what 14, 15, and 16 had, since we're all facing a long swing back around....QB was a hair deeper than TE. Faced a conundrum with Witten being the last upper-tier TE on my list, but having 2 Cowboys/byes in my 1st 3 picks. Production won out, as I have Witten ranked ahead of Cameron and V. Davis...one Team already had a QB, and this wasn't 'take 2 QB with 2 consecutive picks' territory...yet.

...as it turns out, in the next 6 picks through the turn back to me, only 1 QB and 0 TE's were taken.

...Mastershake, Pahnder and Nugget - would any of you have taken Witten had he been there at the 2/3 turn?

4.04: Matt Ryan, QB Falcons: - The one QB taken between my picks was Brady. I didn't expect him to fall through, but IF 2 QB went, I thought they would have been Brady and Ryan, so I was pleased MR fell to me here. I think the Falcons/Ryan are going to come into this season with a MASSIVE chip on their collective shoulders after last year's disapppointing Season. If Ryan had been taken, I would have been in a quandry about QB, as Brady/Ryan is the end of my tier 2. I felt I had to have one before this 4/5 swing passed. Will be interesting at 5.13 to see if that was the right call...

Ray Rice is interesting, looked like the wheels came off and a possible suspension looming.
It could go either way - boom or bust.

He had too much weight last year (about 10 pounds heavier than prior seasons) and I think he was focusing on bouncing back.

Baltimore talked about adding RB help, but they really didn't.

I think Rice is a good bounce back RB and a value where I got him. RB20-25 is about right.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure how Sankey is going to turn out. We know his upside is huge.

I really didnt think I would get him at the beginning of the 5th with how this site notoriously is in love with rookies most of the time.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure how Sankey is going to turn out. We know his upside is huge.

I really didnt think I would get him at the beginning of the 5th with how this site notoriously is in love with rookies most of the time.
I think RB24 is pretty fair for a wild-card like Sankey. I don't see too many (if any) RBs left on the board I'd want ahead of him and don't see too many off the board who I'd have taken Sankey ahead of.

Of course I openly laughed at the guys who "reached" for Eddie Lacy in the 4th round in last year's SSL, so yeah, my evaluation should probably be ignored.

Updated Post 2 for team. Will probably update every 3-4 rounds - it is a PITA with the new board for formatting. Used to be able to cut and paste from Excel with all the codes - not so easy now.

nittanylion said:
PM'd Mastershake

3.13: Jason WItten, TE Cowboys - Going into the far turn, I took a look at what 14, 15, and 16 had, since we're all facing a long swing back around....QB was a hair deeper than TE. Faced a conundrum with Witten being the last upper-tier TE on my list, but having 2 Cowboys/byes in my 1st 3 picks. Production won out, as I have Witten ranked ahead of Cameron and V. Davis...one Team already had a QB, and this wasn't 'take 2 QB with 2 consecutive picks' territory...yet.

...as it turns out, in the next 6 picks through the turn back to me, only 1 QB and 0 TE's were taken.

...Mastershake, Pahnder and Nugget - would any of you have taken Witten had he been there at the 2/3 turn?

4.04: Matt Ryan, QB Falcons: - The one QB taken between my picks was Brady. I didn't expect him to fall through, but IF 2 QB went, I thought they would have been Brady and Ryan, so I was pleased MR fell to me here. I think the Falcons/Ryan are going to come into this season with a MASSIVE chip on their collective shoulders after last year's disapppointing Season. If Ryan had been taken, I would have been in a quandry about QB, as Brady/Ryan is the end of my tier 2. I felt I had to have one before this 4/5 swing passed. Will be interesting at 5.13 to see if that was the right call...
5.13: Darren Sproles, RB Eagles / 6.04: Julian Edelman, WR Patriots - If I recall correctly, I usually pick in the middle of these things. Certainly doesn't 'feel' familiar drafting from a relative end position. 24 Picks between my even to odd Rounds. seems like an eternity...and it's like a slow death when you watch a Player you want maddeningly fall just short of your grasp. I was really hoping TY Hilton would fall to me at 5.13, but Pasq snagged him...at 5.05, though, so it's not like I got snaked...Emphasizing PPR with these last 2 picks - was deciding between Sproles and Colston, thought I might get both, but Edelman was my fallback option if Colston got sniped, which he did on next pick. Loads of PPR potential here. In an 'oh how the mighty have fallen' sense, I'm kinda surprised about passing over Steven Jackson. That's going to be something to watch for me here - had I taken Colston, would Sproles have been selected over Jackson, leaving me with Jackson at 6.04, so Sproles/Edelman vs Jackson/Colston, PPR vs TD's?

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
I usually do not let bye weeks dictate my selections, but boy, I should have paid attention to this. My first three picks all have week 4 byes...ughh.

Manning, Peyton DEN QB 606.75 4 Ball, Montee DEN RB 114.40 4 Harvin, Percy SEA WR 2.70 4 White, Roddy ATL WR 152.10 9
Dang the broncos play at Seattle week3 too, immmunity?
Had to pass on Michael Floyd TWICE because of that stupid week 4 bye!!

Also got sniped on RBs in fifth and sixth...very nice core team if it was a start 1 RB league, but I am just not that lucky. Gonna be reaching big time for RB help.

Had Rudolph as my top predraft but he went one pick ahead of me. Hopehully Wright will be as consistent as he was last year in PPR.

Users who are viewing this thread