What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Anarchy League 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Sorry guys for the brick wall. Didn't realize the draft would start so soon. Fewer brick wall from here on out. Ready to go.

No worries, it happens. rather you pick late then get stuck with a player you don't want and rage-quit the rest of the draft.
"How DARE you give me Eric Decker as the WR23 and 72nd pick overall. He's total garbage and BS. I refuse to play in a league where a commissioner makes such a ********* pick."

Yeah, I still am touchy about that one from last year. How'd that pick turn out?

Didn't realize I was in this draft until this morning. I'm all caught up now and should (hopefully) cause no further delays.

I'm on the West Coast and I work grave yard shift, so please forgive. Drafted as soon as I woke up.

Missed pick 6.8 WR Hakeem Nicks

7.9 WR DeAndre Hopkins

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignore my comment after my Kelce pick. I'm so confused. Amendola was off the board, so I drafted Cook and replaced Kelce with Greg Jennings on my predraft list for my next pick. Then I wake up and I've drafted Kelce and I didn't realize that somehow Cook is gone from my team and Amendola is on it. I don't know what's going on, but whatever. I'm fine with it.

I wanted to go a different way at the last turn, but decided I better grab pierce to cover Rice's suspension if he gets one.

tex said:
There have been far too many "timer expired" picks in this draft. :o
complete BS they can come back in a grab a decent player after being off the clock. But Im not sure what remedy would be available. Perhaps lumping them all at the end of the draft once the 18 rounds are over for the rest of the ones that bother to check in. Pretty sure this could be done.

tex said:
complete BS they can come back in a grab a decent player after being off the clock. But Im not sure what remedy would be available. Perhaps lumping them all at the end of the draft once the 18 rounds are over for the rest of the ones that bother to check in. Pretty sure this could be done.
And then they would never bother to draft another player and quit in the middle of the draft. I have tried a lot of options and none of them are great. I'm not sure why people sign up if they have no interest in checking in once or twice a day.

tex said:
And then they would never bother to draft another player and quit in the middle of the draft. I have tried a lot of options and none of them are great. I'm not sure why people sign up if they have no interest in checking in once or twice a day.
I agree. If you're not interested in drafting then why sign up??

tex said:
I agree. If you're not interested in drafting then why sign up??
No great loss, you move on and play with the teams that paid attention and drafted a full team with no complications. We aren't playing for money but only seems fair that the ones taking the time and following along shouldn't be penalized by those that don't care and can jump back in anytime. You snooze you lose.

I don't envy you David, you do a great job organizing this every year, and I for one appreciate it. Wish there was a good solution to this.

I kind of like the idea of sending that pick to the end of the draft. Give everyone a single miss, and than after that you lose the pick until the end. 8 hours is more than enough time to log in once especially since you only have 16 hours of drafting each day.

I kind of like the idea of sending that pick to the end of the draft. Give everyone a single miss, and than after that you lose the pick until the end. 8 hours is more than enough time to log in once especially since you only have 16 hours of drafting each day.
My intent was to have 16 competitive teams. Having somebody endure a game misconduct and net only a waiver wire replacement will only serve to be a double whammy, 15 other teams will get incrementally better while the one offender will get dramatically worse.

I am in the minority and would not have a clock at all and it really doesn't bother me if people take their time with picks. The point being, we are like 7 weeks away from the start of the season, it's not like there is a dire necessity to finish things up in three days. Plus the longer things go, the more we may learn about how the season will shape up.

That being said, people that sign up, show up three days late, make a pick and disappear for three more day, skip two picks and then want back in the league drive me nuts. The team is already so far behind the 8 ball that the team is not going to be very good, and because of that no one else will want to take over that team. So I end up having to finish out the draft. I took over a team like that last year and was still able to end up in second, so it at least becomes an interesting challenge for me.

I had to do that again this year, but the team I took over went QB-RB-RB-Missed Pick (QB)-Missed Pick. So basically the team missed picks in two straight rounds. Add in that all the picks that were made were all about a full round too early, and I am not sure that there is a way to get the ship to float again.

But that stuff will happen when you throw 160 teams/owners together with a lot of them random people from a message board.

My intent was to have 16 competitive teams. Having somebody endure a game misconduct and net only a waiver wire replacement will only serve to be a double whammy, 15 other teams will get incrementally better while the one offender will get dramatically worse.

I am in the minority and would not have a clock at all and it really doesn't bother me if people take their time with picks. The point being, we are like 7 weeks away from the start of the season, it's not like there is a dire necessity to finish things up in three days. Plus the longer things go, the more we may learn about how the season will shape up.

That being said, people that sign up, show up three days late, make a pick and disappear for three more day, skip two picks and then want back in the league drive me nuts. The team is already so far behind the 8 ball that the team is not going to be very good, and because of that no one else will want to take over that team. So I end up having to finish out the draft. I took over a team like that last year and was still able to end up in second, so it at least becomes an interesting challenge for me.

I had to do that again this year, but the team I took over went QB-RB-RB-Missed Pick (QB)-Missed Pick. So basically the team missed picks in two straight rounds. Add in that all the picks that were made were all about a full round too early, and I am not sure that there is a way to get the ship to float again.

But that stuff will happen when you throw 160 teams/owners together with a lot of them random people from a message board.
see, so whats the difference? lol I do get your point, but it is so frustrating. Im not in any hurry to finish up and there is no $ involved, it's just the point. You sign up, that's a commitment to everyone else in your league. An 8 hour clock is more than manageable not to hold people up. And if you add your email to your team setup, you get auto email notifications, so whats the problem with people? nevermind, I already know the answer.

with 16 teams the margin for error is huge in the first 5-7 rounds if you miss a pick. so anyone that does that is behind the 8 ball anyway.

couple of dead beat owners always have to suck the life out of fun leagues. cripes.

thanks again David!

No worries, it happens. rather you pick late then get stuck with a player you don't want and rage-quit the rest of the draft.
"How DARE you give me Eric Decker as the WR23 and 72nd pick overall. He's total garbage and BS. I refuse to play in a league where a commissioner makes such a ********* pick."

Yeah, I still am touchy about that one from last year. How'd that pick turn out?
I took over that team and rode Decker like a rented mule and finished in 4th place (35 points away from 3rd and Keller got me a zero)....not bad since the rest of my draft wasn't that great.....Decker was highest scoring position player on team (second only to DET QB)....he outscored Dez Bryant, Cameron, etc.....

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
Anarchy99 said:
montana_grizzly_bears said:

see, so whats the difference? lol I do get your point, but it is so frustrating. Im not in any hurry to finish up and there is no $ involved, it's just the point. You sign up, that's a commitment to everyone else in your league. An 8 hour clock is more than manageable not to hold people up. And if you add your email to your team setup, you get auto email notifications, so whats the problem with people? nevermind, I already know the answer.

with 16 teams the margin for error is huge in the first 5-7 rounds if you miss a pick. so anyone that does that is behind the 8 ball anyway.

couple of dead beat owners always have to suck the life out of fun leagues. cripes.

thanks again David!
Some people have a life outside fantasy football especially when it's the weekends.

Also, I'm using this draft to get ready for fantasy football this season. I'm not a year round player like I used to be. So this is pretty much the first time I'm researching and catching up on all the off-season transactions.

I'm committed to the league and that's why I'm taking the time with my picks. I want each pick to be worth it, especially since we are drafting so early and it's a total points league. If you're getting frustrated waiting around to draft for a free league that doesn't even start almost 2 months from now.... maybe you need to look at your life priorities or just flat out have some fun.

I say that not to insult you, but because that's how I was before. Fantasy sports took over all my free time, to the point I would check my phone when I was out with family or friends. It was an addiction that got in the way of life. I ended up taking a year off from fantasy sports and now I'm happier than ever. That may or may not be you, but just throwing it out there. No reason to stress over stupid #### like this.

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
Anarchy99 said:

thanks again David!
Some people have a life outside fantasy football especially when it's the weekends.

Also, I'm using this draft to get ready for fantasy football this season. I'm not a year round player like I used to be. So this is pretty much the first time I'm researching and catching up on all the off-season transactions.

I'm committed to the league and that's why I'm taking the time with my picks. I want each pick to be worth it, especially since we are drafting so early and it's a total points league. If you're getting frustrated waiting around to draft for a free league that doesn't even start almost 2 months from now.... maybe you need to look at your life priorities or just flat out have some fun.

I say that not to insult you, but because that's how I was before. Fantasy sports took over all my free time, to the point I would check my phone when I was out with family or friends. It was an addiction that got in the way of life. I ended up taking a year off from fantasy sports and now I'm happier than ever. That may or may not be you, but just throwing it out there. No reason to stress over stupid #### like this.
no one is stressing, my point merely was a team that misses their pick should be put at the end of the line, either at the end of that round or at the end of the draft. Not have the ability to bump back in, there should be some type of penalty. I use these league simply to bone up before my main leagues start in August, so no real vested interest in it other than that. Was fun last year when I scored the second highest points ever in Anarchy, I will say that.

Like I said, not sure what the remedy is with the draft situation. Guess it is what it is.. Im not losing sleep over it.

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
Anarchy99 said:

thanks again David!

no one is stressing, my point merely was a team that misses their pick should be put at the end of the line, either at the end of that round or at the end of the draft. Not have the ability to bump back in, there should be some type of penalty. I use these league simply to bone up before my main leagues start in August, so no real vested interest in it other than that. Was fun last year when I scored the second highest points ever in Anarchy, I will say that.

Like I said, not sure what the remedy is with the draft situation. Guess it is what it is.. Im not losing sleep over it.
I thought I was penalized fairly hard. I missed a whole round of picks. If you miss a pick you can only replace the pick with a player who hasn't been picked. Seems fair. You lose out on whoever has been drafted already.

So I've taken a total of 2 hours and 9 minutes* to draft 12 players, yet it says my average draft time is 1 hour and 3 minutes. Fuzzy math.

*Had reinstalled the OS on my phone and forgot to sign into my yahoo account so I didn't realize the draft had started, so my first pick took 2 hours and 5 minutes. That's my bad, fellas.

this conversation comes up every year and I think David does a great job navigating the fires he has to put out....there is no perfect solution....

there has to be a mindset/expectation for these because when you sign up for these you are basically entering into an agreement with 15 other guys that you will be an active participant......when people timeout and take forever, it has a snowball affect, others become disintrested and check in less, discussion decreases, etc....

if you can't check in a couple times a day (at least once every 8 waking hours) and/or you won't use the predraft list you shouldn't sign up.....find some other way to "prepare" for your upcoming season.....there are plenty of other mock drafts out there you can do in 30 minutes or less.....there really is no excuse for timing out in these things with the ability to predraft and the ability to be "alerted" when you are up or even for every pick made for that matter.....I get tired of hearing the "sorry, my real life got in the way"...or "I have a family" or "fantasy isn't everything" bull####.....if you time out, you time out, no big deal, it happens, things come up......but things go much better and more is gained from these when it goes smoothly and fairly timely.....

this conversation comes up every year and I think David does a great job navigating the fires he has to put out....there is no perfect solution....
Agreed. This is a classic case of it is what it is. There's no perfect solution.

Anyway, thanks for all the work in setting these up David. :thumbup:

My Carson Palmer pick in the 5th round was the worst of the draft. I like him a lot especially in 6pt passing, but I drafted him at his ceiling and 4 rounds later there were still somewhat similar QB options available. Ugh.

I was standing at the computer while my wife was angrily tapping her foot waiting to go somewhere, so that in some small way explains the panic. Pick. Actually, no it doesn't :kicksrock:

there has to be a mindset/expectation for these because when you sign up for these you are basically entering into an agreement with 15 other guys that you will be an active participant......when people timeout and take forever, it has a snowball affect, others become disintrested and check in less, discussion decreases, etc....

if you can't check in a couple times a day (at least once every 8 waking hours) and/or you won't use the predraft list you shouldn't sign up.....find some other way to "prepare" for your upcoming season.....there are plenty of other mock drafts out there you can do in 30 minutes or less.....there really is no excuse for timing out in these things with the ability to predraft and the ability to be "alerted" when you are up or even for every pick made for that matter.....I get tired of hearing the "sorry, my real life got in the way"...or "I have a family" or "fantasy isn't everything" bull####.....if you time out, you time out, no big deal, it happens, things come up......but things go much better and more is gained from these when it goes smoothly and fairly timely.....
:goodposting:

:goodposting:
I couldn't have said it better. With it being so long until the season starts, I'm not upset that people take their full 8 hours if they choose, but there very few legit excuses to time out more than once. If you're not interested enough to honor the commitment you made, then find another way to prepare for your "real" drafts.

My Carson Palmer pick in the 5th round was the worst of the draft. I like him a lot especially in 6pt passing, but I drafted him at his ceiling and 4 rounds later there were still somewhat similar QB options available. Ugh.

I was standing at the computer while my wife was angrily tapping her foot waiting to go somewhere, so that in some small way explains the panic. Pick. Actually, no it doesn't :kicksrock:
Meh, sure it does... We've all been there. :)

I don't know, yes the regular season is far off, but now we're into training camp where injuries happen and sleepers rise. It only benefits those that sit on their pick all day.

Still, this is for fun and I realized a while ago that you're not gonna get 16 people together that will all blow through a draft.

I suggest if you have a smart phone allow it to notify you when you get an email and have your MFL settings set to email you when you're OTC. Otherwise don't pay any attention to the draft.

The drafts this year actually started earlier than other years, so there was always an element or good or bad luck. Someone you drafted could get hurt or suspended, or you could be on the clock to benefit if someone tore his ACL. In short, there really is no perfect way to do these as there will always be some outlying issue or concern that will come up.

FF Ninja's 18.14 pick of WR Andre Caldwell exceeds the roster limits. He needs another RB.
Look at his roster. Now look at your roster. What do you see?
Completely my fault. I was using Draft Dominator to check rosters instead of using the MFL site. DD has McCluster as a WR, while MFL has him as a RB. Apologies, all.

Actually, pretty well done by FF Ninja on that one.

Looking at my roster now that the draft is done, I like it but not sure how far it can go.

QBS

Patriots, New England NEP TMQB 339.120 10
Seahawks, Seattle SEA TMQB 393.480 4

2 QBs that should put up very good if not great numbers. Key is both should be in playoffs which will extend the points run.
Bell, Joique DET RB (P) 169.700 9
Pierce, Bernard BAL RB 66.000 11
Rice, Ray BAL RB (S) 124.100 11
West, Terrance CLE RB - 4

Part of the price of going TE and QB early was that I paid for it in my RBs and WRs. Also didn't help that I had to take Pierce to Handcuff to Rice not knowing at the time I made the pick what the suspension would be. If I had known it would be 2 weeks, probably would have went a different direction.

Avery, Donnie KCC WR 127.100 6
Beckham, Odell NYG WR (P) - 8
Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR 183.300 6
Jones, James OAK WR (P) 162.700 5
White, Roddy ATL WR 152.100 9
Williams, Mike BUF WR 55.600 9

Much like the RBs, no true #1s here, but should be enough points to get me through.

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE 402.700 6
Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE 109.300 10

Going Graham #1 was bound to influence my strategy for the whole draft. However he is #1 by a long shot. I may be a little biased, but I am trying to get Rudolph as much as possible as a breakout candidate for this year.

Bonani, Maikon TEN PK - 9
Succop, Ryan KCC PK 150.000 6

Ks, pretty much all I have to say.

Bears, Chicago CHI Def 129.000 9
Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def 116.000 10

Neither is a top defense, but I think both have a chance to break out this year. Probably should have targeted Ds that have a better chance of making the playoffs, but we will see if this works or no.

Thanks for the draft, had a lot of fun as always.

Here's my roster breakdown.....

QB

Chicago Bears

New York Giants

I waited as long as possible to take my first QB and I really think Cutler can be a Top 5 fantasy QB this year. I had planned to draft an "average" QB as #2, but I kept finding value at other spots in the draft and/or my targets got sniped a few picks ahead of me. So I ended up picking Eli from my "crappy, but maybe average" tier.

RB

Jamal Charles

Alfred Morris

Andre Ellington

Lamar Miller

This was where I just kept seeing value. Everyone was gobbling up TE and WRs. I have arguably the best RB in the game and 3 RBs projected to be their team's primary back. So we'll see if this RB group significantly outscores the rest of the league.

WR

Antonio Brown

Hakeem Nicks

DeAndre Hopkins

Jarrett Boykin

Harry Douglas

FLEX: Rod Streater

WRs are really deep group. I have one workhorse stud in Brown and the rest are all lottery picks. Nicks, Boykins, Douglas all have good QBs throwing to them in good offenses so we'll see. Hopkins is a huge question mark and probably would not have been on my team if I didn't time out. I would have picked Emmanuel Sanders and Hakeem Nicks instead of Nicks/Hopkins. Streater, I'm not expecting too much from but he's my "flex" play. He scored 174 pt last season which made him WR36 and would be equal to RB15 or TE19...way above the standards of what FLEX player should be RB65, WR81, and/or TE33. The addition of Schuab and James Jones should only help him, IMO.

TE

Mychal Rivera

Richard Rodgers

I had planned to grab TEs from the Kyle Rudolph/Charles Clay/etc.... tier, but they went earlier than I expected. After that I didn't see much difference between these guys and the rest. Waited as long as I could to get two players that should be catching passes for their teams. If these guys are even average, then I'll like my chances.

PK

Mason Crosby

Graham Cano

Kickers.

DEF

Patriots

Browns

Hopefully these DEF will be a strength for me. When I missed out on TEs, I was hoping to get an advantage at PK, DEF, and RB to put me over the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread