What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Baseball Players Championship (1 Viewer)

Crafty Penguin

Footballguy
Hi,everyone--I know there's a lot of posters in here that play high stakes fantasy baseball, and I just wanted to take a moment to tell you about the event that the FFPC is putting on again this year.

The Fantasy Baseball Players Championship is in its second year of existence. Last year, we awarded a $50,000 grand prize to our champion as well as $10,000 in league prizes. We had 126 teams compete for that amount of cash last year, and we expect even more this year. So we doubled our grand prize to $100,000 and raised our league prizes to $11,000.

The FBPC is the baseball contest put on by the Fantasy Football Players Championship (FFPC), which is the other half of the team that has brought you all the Footballguys Players Championship. We started small last year and are trying to get the word out on our event. Our contest is based on 14-team leagues and standard 5x5 rotisserie scoring. Lineup submissions for both hitters and pitchers are done on Mondays and Fridays, so you have the opportunity to manage your entire team twice per week.

Just like the FFPC, the FBPC keeps its entire prize fund in attorney escrow for the entire season, and we also feature lightning-fast payouts in October when the season ends. We built this contest based on getting 224 teams, but we'll award those prizes regardless of how many teams we get. Simply put, you won't find another high stakes fantasy baseball contest out there with a payout percentage or return-on-investment as good as ours.

Normally the entry fee for a team is $1600, but we have our Early Bird special going on right now until February 1st. With just a $200 deposit, you can secure your squad for $1500 and/or pick up a second team for just $1400. All drafts are held online from March 23rd through the 30th, so you can draft from the comfort of your own home.

So check out our home page and register now at http://PlayFBPC.com. We have several satellite leagues going on from $77 to $250 entry fees in both classic and DraftExpert formats. Give us a look, and feel free to send any questions you might have to me at Eric@PlayFBPC.com.

Thanks for reading all!

Eric Balkman

Hi Folks,

Wanted to let you know about our friends and business partners at the FFPC are doing a baseball contest we're endorsing.

Alex and David from the FFPC have been our close partners with us in putting on the Footballguys Players Championship. And they've done a fantastic job running the FFPC high stakes event in Las Vegas the last few years.

They've added my friend Eric Balkman to help them run the Fantasy Baseball Players Championship (FBPC) and I fully expect it to be run just as well. They're outstanding guys and have a great product and they have the full support of Footballguys.

Rooting for you guys from the board to mop up in this.

J

Hi Folks,

Wanted to let you know about our friends and business partners at the FFPC are doing a baseball contest we're endorsing.

Alex and David from the FFPC have been our close partners with us in putting on the Footballguys Players Championship. And they've done a fantastic job running the FFPC high stakes event in Las Vegas the last few years.

They've added my friend Eric Balkman to help them run the Fantasy Baseball Players Championship (FBPC) and I fully expect it to be run just as well. They're outstanding guys and have a great product and they have the full support of Footballguys.

Rooting for you guys from the board to mop up in this.

J
Thanks so much, Joe! Our players had a blast in the FBPC last year, and with more money and a bigger prize pool this year things will be even better. :)

So what's the take-out here, like 10%?
It actually could be less. We built this contest's prize structure based on 140 teams last year and got 126. This year, we based the prizes on 224 teams. With fewer than 50 teams registered so far, the return-on-investment will be the best in the industry.

Crafty Penguin said:
Good Posting Judge said:
So what's the take-out here, like 10%?
It actually could be less. We built this contest's prize structure based on 140 teams last year and got 126. This year, we based the prizes on 224 teams. With fewer than 50 teams registered so far, the return-on-investment will be the best in the industry.
Did you have to show Joe the way to the Baseball Forum, or was he able to find it himself?

Any thought in future years to reducing the entry fee to $350 like the FFPC. I would imagine that you would get a lot more entries. I like the contest you are offering and the prizes are great etc... But what worries me is if I put $1,500 in and draft Kershaw in round one and he goes out with tommy john required in his first start I'm done and out a lot of cash. If it were $350 I could draft 4 teams for less money and not be eliminated with one key injury.

Any thought in future years to reducing the entry fee to $350 like the FFPC. I would imagine that you would get a lot more entries. I like the contest you are offering and the prizes are great etc... But what worries me is if I put $1,500 in and draft Kershaw in round one and he goes out with tommy john required in his first start I'm done and out a lot of cash. If it were $350 I could draft 4 teams for less money and not be eliminated with one key injury.
Actually, we have plans to launch a mid-stakes contest next year for a $350 entry fee, just like the Footballguys Players Championship (FPC). The Fantasy Football Players Championship (FFPC) is the high-stakes version of the FPC, and the FBPC is the sister contest of the FFPC. (I know--it's like an alphabet. :cool: ) The grand prize won't be $250,000 right away because we won't get 6,000 teams in year one for the FBPC mid-stakes contest. But having a $15,000 to $20,000 grand prize is certainly possible.

For what it's worth, because we have lineup submissions on both Mondays and Fridays, a guy like Kershaw doesn't have the uber-impact you might think. In the FBPC, it's more important to build well-rounded staffs. So in weeks where Kershaw only makes one start, you might have guys like Dan Straily, Shelby Miller, Marco Estrada, etc. that you can plug into your lineup on Friday and not take a zero from Kershaw over the weekend.

I do understand what you're saying though for sure. But unlike the FPC where you only start 10 players per week, you start 24 in the FBPC, so the risk is actually mitigated with so many players playing important roles. It's definitely much easier to overcome a season-ending injury to a stud in baseball than it is in football.

For sure a very good 12-team contest. But if you're looking for higher payout percentages for 14-team league, the Fantasy Baseball Players Championship will feature the best return-on-investment for high stakes fantasy baseball again this year. :)

What if I want a good 15-team challenge?
Then move to Europe and watch Rugby you communist hippie. Learn to keep score on the metric system.

15-team challenge.......sheesh......kids these days.
Or... or... I could go to NFBC.STATS.COM , where the high stakes contest this FBPC is built to imitate has been in operation for 11 years.

Then move to Europe and watch Rugby you communist hippie. Learn to keep score on the metric system.

Or... or... I could go to NFBC.STATS.COM , where the high stakes contest this FBPC is built to imitate has been in operation for 11 years.
Actually, we're not trying to imitate any contest really. The FFPC decided that they wanted to be in the baseball space, and we're just offering another high stakes fantasy baseball option for players, since there was really only one choice for players before.

Is there any consideration to launching a mid-stakes contest this year? I would be extremely interested. I would imagine there is still time.
Next year we'll have it. We ran out of time in launching it this year because we did an entire site redesign.
It's the end of January. There is still time.
We'd love to, but we're focused on growing the Main Event right now so we can gain a strong foothold in the industry space. That way we can offer a mid-stakes contest next year and for many years to come instead of trying to spread ourselves too thin and going away completely by 2016.

Hey RnR,

You are right. NFBC has been operating for 11 years and have virtually been the only place to play high stakes fantasy baseball during that time. Now there's another -- FBPC -- and you guys have a choice to play either one or both. They are by far the biggest contest and we can only hope to one day be as sucessful as the are. For now the FBPC offers a very small participation field as the FBPC Main Event is capped at 224 teams and a signiifcantly higher payout percentage. We weren't able to launch the $350 contest this year but we will definitely have it for 2015.

Maybe you can give our contest a try? If not, you are welcome to keep promoting the NFBC here. They deserve it. :)

Hey Alex,

FWIW, I'm just busting some chops in here. Any baseball thread that gets pinned with a Joe B endorsement is a target (he isn't shy about hating beisbol).

I am a customer of yours in football, as well as a past-customer of NFBC in baseball. As far as I'm concerned, you both run top-notch operations. Carry on.

Hey Alex,

FWIW, I'm just busting some chops in here. Any baseball thread that gets pinned with a Joe B endorsement is a target (he isn't shy about hating beisbol).

I am a customer of yours in football, as well as a past-customer of NFBC in baseball. As far as I'm concerned, you both run top-notch operations. Carry on.
Thanks, RnR! We appreciate the kind words. All in good fun. :)

Crafty Penguin said:
The new ad banner for this is pretty neat

:mellow:
I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHY I KEEP SEEING IT IN PEOPLE'S SIGS. THIS CANNOT BE CIRCUMSTANTIAL. I MUST HAVE MISSED SOME ANNOUNCEMENT.
Are you talking about the FBPC banner ad, Jack? I haven't seen it in anyone's signature. Some different banner ads are showing up in between some of the posts on this thread, but that's been it.
I guess that is it. I thought it was in sigs.

I noticed a couple conflicting ads. When u click on 1 of the contests to join on the Main Event homepage, under 'Main Event Details' it says - Prize pool based on 224 teams then directly under it says 'Bonus prizes paid if exceeds 224 teams'

Now elsewhere and on this thread it says its capped at 224. You guys need to take those Ads out if you are indeed capping it at 224 teams.

Just an FYI

Thx

I noticed a couple conflicting ads. When u click on 1 of the contests to join on the Main Event homepage, under 'Main Event Details' it says - Prize pool based on 224 teams then directly under it says 'Bonus prizes paid if exceeds 224 teams'

Now elsewhere and on this thread it says its capped at 224. You guys need to take those Ads out if you are indeed capping it at 224 teams.

Just an FYI

Thx
Thanks for the heads-up, Gildz! Can you send me a PM with the link? I looked all over the site and couldn't find a spot where we had the bonus prizes advertised. Thanks!

So the main event is now cancelled???
That is correct. :( Unfortunately we just did not get enough teams to offset what would have been a major loss. So we wanted to make sure all of our players had alternatives to still play this season without being left out. And we didn't want to jeopardize the long-term success we have had with the football side of things over at the FFPC. In large part, those were the reasons the decision was made.

Is there any consideration to launching a mid-stakes contest this year? I would be extremely interested. I would imagine there is still time.
Next year we'll have it. We ran out of time in launching it this year because we did an entire site redesign.
We'd love to, but we're focused on growing the Main Event right now so we can gain a strong foothold in the industry space. That way we can offer a mid-stakes contest next year and for many years to come instead of trying to spread ourselves too thin and going away completely by 2016.
So much for growing the main event. Appears you should have ran a mid stakes. Going away completely by 2014 now.

So much for growing the main event. Appears you should have ran a mid stakes. Going away completely by 2014 now.
We haven't talked about what 2015 holds for the FBPC. Those talks will begin in April or May. Once something concrete has been decided, we'll definitely let you all know here. :)

As far as a mid-stakes goes, that's something we'll talk about for next year. There just wasn't enough time to pile up the better part of a thousand teams to make it break even in a couple months for 2014.

Is it legal to offer a prize, advertise it, accept peoples money for a contest and then decide to not do the contest? If you buy a lottery ticket with an advertised prize of $1,000,000 they don't send you an e-mail saying you can have your money back or go into a smaller group with 1/10th the prize pool.

Is it legal to offer a prize, advertise it, accept peoples money for a contest and then decide to not do the contest? If you buy a lottery ticket with an advertised prize of $1,000,000 they don't send you an e-mail saying you can have your money back or go into a smaller group with 1/10th the prize pool.
Yes, it's legal. If you read the fine print, I'm sure its worded with an out clause for insufficient entries.

Yes, it's legal. If you read the fine print, I'm sure its worded with an out clause for insufficient entries.
Correct. To quote our rules posted on our site:

"For Players - By Players, LLC may also cancel FBPC in its entirety for any reason prior to March 30th, 2014. In this unlikely event, For Players - By Players, LLC will refund ALL entry fees within 48 hours of cancellation."

For players who wanted to still play with us, we offered them to play in our $20,000 leagues as an alternative. No one was obligated to, and no one lost their entry fee. I understand where you're coming from, but we always put this clause into both our FBPC and FFPC (and FPC) rules for the long-term health of the FFPC and FPC. It's so players can still enjoy these contests for years to come and not have it taken away from them because of one event that did not come together in one year.

Users who are viewing this thread