What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FF League payout structures (1 Viewer)

brownhelmets

Footballguy
Looking for other ideas on ways to structure payout for a league of mine next year. I have my ideas, but was curious to see how others did it. Not really a high dollar league, so I can't spread the wealth much.

What do you guys ise?

Thanks in advance.

I'm in a 12 team redraft.

Entry: $60

Weekly high points: $10

Playoff teams: $30

League runner up: $100

League champion: $215

10 team league, $30 entry fee, we give payouts for Regular season and Playoffs.

Too many times, and this season was no exception, the Regular season "winner" didn't even make the Championship round so we wanted to reward them for a great season.

Payouts based on rankings for Playoffs:

1st Place - $60

2nd Place - $40

3rd Place - $30

Playoff pay-outs:

Champion - $100

2nd Place - $40

3rd Place - $30

Also, as an incentive to get all teams to Play hard to the end, next years draft is based on the Total points scored in the "Toilet Bowl" bracket.

The team that scores the most points in the :toilet: bowl gets the first pick next year, the 2nd highest gets pick #2, etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
My league entry fee $150 division winners $100 3 wild cards $50 #1 overall seed $100 Champion gets $800 runner up gets $230 with $90 for RTsports website $30 for draft board and $100 towards food on draft day 12 team league

I like leagues that value total points more than H2H results. My leagues are more like the following:

Superbowl Champ: 20%

SuperBowl Loser: 5%

Other playoff Losers: 5%

Season High Points: 20%

Weekly High Points: 50%

Giving out cash each week for high points keeps people interested all year, but may be tough to do in a small dollar league.

10 team PPR redraft league since 1995.

Football Site: http://www.rtsports.com/

$200 Entry fee

$100 End of regular season #1 seed for playoffs (13 weeks)

$120 NFL Picks (week 1 - 17)

$200 End of Season Highest Total Points (including week 17)

$40 Weekly highest total point winner

$700 Champion

$200 Runner-up

We use H2H points based scoring.

Championship is a combine points for Weeks 16 and 17.

FA Pickups stop in Week 13 but we have WW adds prior to Week 14 games with as many players needed for the WW so you need to think about your final roster for your playoff team since no pickups during the playoffs.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2nd Work Money League 8 team 0.05/reception PPR which is H2H total points(hoping to expand to 10 managers next season as this was a short notice league)

Football Site: http://www.rtsports.com/

$50 Entry fee

$50 for both Regular Season Divisional Winners.

$200 Champion

$100 Bridesmaid

We figure that we reward the RS Division Winners for getting the Byes since they could be knocked out when they play in the semi-finals but we use Week 16 for Championship Game.

Also, have no pickups during the playoffs.

In my big money league (I know you said this wasn't one, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway) we do the following:

14 teams. Owner dues: $100; $0.50 per add/drop; $1 per player/trade. Total pot after website fee and other prizes: $1,145

1st: 45% ($515)

2nd: 25% ($286)

3rd: 13% ($148)

4th: 9% ($103)

5th: 5% ($57)

6th: 3% ($34)

The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams evenly split the transaction costs, making the 3rd/4th game worth an extra $100 or so.

We also give out prizes for the winner of the consolation bowl ($40) and have a week 17 free-for-all where you get to pick any players to fill out expanded rosters ($40 for first, $25 for second). It makes week 17 fun while not having a championship on the line.

The payouts still need some work as the 5th/6th place has little consequence other than bragging rights. Maybe we drop the 6th prize altogether and add it to the winner. But we wanted the 4th place to get their money back because that could easily be the best regular season team with a bye week that ran into a buzzsaw in weeks 15 and 16 (which happened this year).

Anyway, people like it.

12 team keeper..

$100 buy in

$5 per loss

$2 per transaction (trades, WW, add/drop)

$5 idiot tax (starting people on byes, injured, etc)

Payouts:

Champ: $1,000

2nd: $245

3rd: $100

$5 per weekly high score

Remaining loot (usually is about $175) goes to the three divisional winners.

Looking for other ideas on ways to structure payout for a league of mine next year. I have my ideas, but was curious to see how others did it. Not really a high dollar league, so I can't spread the wealth much.

What do you guys ise?

Thanks in advance.
I've been in as many as five money leagues and I think there are two best practices you should strive for:
[*]League Champ takes home at least 50-60% of the total prize money

[*]3rd Place should recoup their entry fee

There are infinite number of possibilities beyond that concerning transaction costs or keeping owners interested by giving out weekly bonus money or having a toilet bowl tourney, et al. Do whatever you think makes it fun. At the end of the day, the most important criteria are how much the champ wins and how many teams make their money back. The former is personal preference, the latter can't be more than 3 or 4, else you eat into the winners incentive.

What do you guys ise?

Thanks in advance.
I've been in as many as five money leagues and I think there are two best practices you should strive for:
[*]League Champ takes home at least 50-60% of the total prize money

[*]3rd Place should recoup their entry fee

There are infinite number of possibilities beyond that concerning transaction costs or keeping owners interested by giving out weekly bonus money or having a toilet bowl tourney, et al. Do whatever you think makes it fun. At the end of the day, the most important criteria are how much the champ wins and how many teams make their money back. The former is personal preference, the latter can't be more than 3 or 4, else you eat into the winners incentive.
Yep. Good post.

2 of the 3 I do are very spread money based on week to week performance, 1 is a $265 buy in, blind bidding waivers through thursday, minimum of $2 bid, and after thursday $3 waiver. Payout weekly of $16 per win, $12 for high score, $6 for 2nd high score, $5 for each positional high player (QB, RB, WR, TE, K, Def) Playoff wins weeks 15,16 ($20 each) Super bowl winner $50......waiver pool starts at 170 and added to through waivers obviously spread for highs of the year of 1st and 2nd high scores of the year (15 and 10 percent I believe) High single week by each position (10 percent each) and overall points champ 15%. So lots of incentive all the way through and you really know who has had a great year without it coming all down to winning the title. Also $25 and $10 bonuses for first and 2nd best records during the regular season. Waiver pool generally winds up around $300, I think this year it's actually closer to $400

So in this league, its possible that I buy in for $265, win the whole thing and walk away with $70 (SB and 1st week playoff win) plus $16 per win in the regular season (meaning that to recoup my buy in I need to win 12+ games?) That's different.

12 team

Suvivor $300

DIV winners $150

2nd place $100

3rd place $50

Playoff winners $100

week 16 FML Winner $500

3rd place $100

Total Points $200

Offense $50

Defense $50

Special Teams $50

8 of our owners won $$$, and the highest $$$ payout was $800

$150 buyin includes $70 for league website and $35 for draft board.

$20 for weekly high score

$115 for total points champ

$40 for division winner

$700 for first

$350 for second

$150 for third

16 team 2-ppr redraft league since 1991

$350 buy plus $3 per transaction

$20 for weekly high score

$50 for winning division

$25 for division runner-up

$300 head to head playoff winner

$100 head to head playoff runner up

Balance is splits as follows:

First in total points--50% ($2500 in 2010)

Second in total points--30% ($1500 in 2010)

Third in total points--20% ($1000 in 2010)

Mandatory winner take all Survivor Pool to start the season @ an additional $25 per entry; voluntary Survivor Pools are often started when the first one ends

Voluntary Playoff Payoff playoff fantasy league @ an additional $25 per entry, which often includes players from outside the league

This year we added a voluntary, winner take all Grantland Bad QB League @ $100 per entry

So lots of opportunities for people to win money and stay engaged

Dynasty - 14 team - $50 entry. Transactions, $2.00 + bid. We operate at a deficit, just like the US Gov't but our taxes (transactions)are high and cover it.

Our redraft is $250 entry and totally different.

1ST PLACE - $200

2ND PLACE - $120

3RD PLACE - $80

4TH PLACE - $70

5TH PLACE - $40

6TH PLACE - $30

BEST RECORD - $15

DIVISION WINNER - $10

DIVISION WINNER - $10

HIGHEST SCORING QUARTERBACK - $10

FOR YEAR - NFL REG. SEASON

2ND HIGHEST SCORING QUARTERBACK - $5

3RD HIGHEST SCORING QUARTERBACK - $3

HIGHEST SCORING RUNNING BACK

2ND HIGHEST SCORING RUNNINGBACK

3RD HIGHEST SCORING RUNNINGBACK

HIGHEST SCORING WIDE RECEIVER

2ND HIGHEST SCORING WIDE RECEIVER

3RD HIGHEST SCORING WIDE RECEIVER

HIGHEST SCORING TIGHT END

2ND HIGHEST SCORING TIGHT END

3RD HIGHEST SCORING TIGHT END

HIGHEST SCORING KICKER

2ND HIGHEST SCORING KICKER

3RD HIGHEST SCORING KICKER

HIGHEST SCORING DEFENSE

2ND HIGHEST SCORING DEFENSE

3RD HIGHEST SCORING DEFENSE

HIGHEST SCORING TEAM STARTERS

FOR YEAR - FFL REG. SEASON

2ND HIGHEST SCORING TEAM STARTERS

3RD HIGHEST SCORING TEAM STARTERS

MOST POINTS FOR TEAM STARTERS FOR WEEK (16 WEEKS) - $10

PRO BOWL - 1ST PLACE ($5.00/TEAM)

PRO BOWL - 2ND PLACE ($3.00/TEAM)

10 Teamer league (100 entry per team except commish who pays 75 - recommended by league mates for management of league)

2 divisions of 5 teams and two division winners get 1st round bye (top 6 make the big dance)

400 to SB Champ

200 to SB runner up

100 to 3rd place in playoffs

25 to Toilet bowl winner

10 per week to high point team of the week (through week 16)

90 - Total points race through week 16

This keeps all teams fighting through week 16 for the weekly prizes. Usually the point race is a two horse race. 3rd place took the title this year.

Another 10 teamer I am in does the following:

100 per team and Top 6 make superbowl playoffs, bottom 4 toilet bowl

500 to Superbowl winner

300 to superbowl loser

100 to each division winner

4 Toilet bowl bowl teams have a two week total point race in weeks 14 and 15. Top two teams get 25 each from the bottom two teams towards next years dues.

16 team PPR - $115 entry fee ($100 is team entry, $15 goes to progressive pot).

Regular Payouts:

[*]4 division winners @ $100 each

[*]Most points scored regular season: $50

[*]League Champ: $540

[*]Runner-up: $240

[*]Nancy Bowl winner (consolation bowl): $50

[*]Weekly high score (Weeks 1-16): $20 each week

Progressive Pot:

[*]Top Player @ each position at end of season: 5% of progressive pot

[*]Overall award records (Anytime during the season)

[*]Highest team week score: 50% of pot

[*]Highest player week score: 15% of pot

[*]Top 5 finishing team score: 10% of pot

[*]Top 5 player finishing score: 5% of pot

I was a league this year that had 14 teams, wouldn't you know I won the H2H Regular Season, and the Playoff Championship, and finished third in total points. The only problem is that our league paid only the six highest teams in total points, and the four highest teams in the playoffs. Our commish said that we should only value total points, that winning the league is luck,and does not necessarily reward the best team. I believe that we should at least reward the top two teams of the regular season, and three or four for total points. I do like the idea of rewarding a team total points for a week, but not for the season. I also failed to say that the biggest winner was the total point winner. What would you due if you were me?

Matt Forte

Users who are viewing this thread