What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trent Richardson Landing Spot (1 Viewer)

I own 1.01 and have pretty much ink'd in TRich as my selection. I thought it might be fun to discuss ideal landing spots for TRich vs poor landing spots. Looking around the league there are really only a handful of potential landing spots for him IMO.

Ideal Landing Spots:

1) Bengals: No one has this as a potential landing spot, but I think it's very possible. Cincinnati has two first round picks and I could see them packaging these two picks to move into the top 5-10 to get Richardson. He'd fit perfectly into their young offense and that team would be hard to stop with a top 5 defense, AJ Green, Dalton, and Richardson. I AM PRAYING THIS HAPPENS!!

2) Jets: If Richardson makes it past pick 5, look for the Jets to move up and add their stud RB. Greene is a below average RB, LT is done, and Powell has nice tools, he isn't elite. Imagine TRich with the Jets O-Line! It would be fun to see.

Okay Landing Spots:

3) Rams: If they trade back for a team interested in RG3, as expected, they could take Richardson. Their O-Line is a mess, but it looks like they have their future QB and SJax is on his last days.

Unideal Landing Spots:

4) Browns: The Browns do have a decent O-Line lead by Joe Thomas and Hillis performed great in '10 with very little passing game, but McCoy isn't their future at QB and their WRs (Little is talented) are a bit question.

5) Bucs: Tampa Bay has been slotted taking TRich #5 in many of the mocks I've seen. I can't think of a worse landing spot. Tampa Bay has a poor O-Line (Freeman was fearing for his life this year) and TRich would at very least start by splitting carries with Blount. Blount is young and could turn into a TD vulture over the course of time.

Am I missing any likely teams?

Are there any teams that would make you select Blackmon over TRich?

Last edited by a moderator:
No one has the Bengals as a potential landing spot for Richardson? I think about 75% of the mocks that I read have him falling to Cincy and being selected by them...

I think Seattle could be a great spot for Richardson to land, as long as Lynch isn't signed more to anything than a franchise tag...

Okay Landing Spots:

3) Rams: If they trade back for a team interested in RG3, as expected, they could take Richardson. Their O-Line is a mess, but it looks like they have their future QB and SJax is on his last days.
I don't like the idea of him in St. Louis with their other issues, but the continuity from Faulk to SJax to Richardson would be impressive.

No one has the Bengals as a potential landing spot for Richardson? I think about 75% of the mocks that I read have him falling to Cincy and being selected by them...I think Seattle could be a great spot for Richardson to land, as long as Lynch isn't signed more to anything than a franchise tag...
Really?! That's encouraging, I guess. I haven't seen those drafts, but then again I haven't been looking everywhere. Just CBS and ESPN. Which mocks have you seen with him going to CIN?I thought about Seattle as well, but I just assumed that Marshawn would be back. I think he loves it in Seattle and they love him as well. I'm not too sure I like the Seattle landing spot anyway with TJax at QB. Now if they were to say get Manning or even Flynn, then I'd like that landing spot more for TRich.

I own 1.01 and have pretty much ink'd in TRich as my selection. I thought it might be fun to discuss ideal landing spots for TRich vs poor landing spots. Looking around the league there are really only a handful of potential landing spots for him IMO.

Ideal Landing Spots:

1) Bengals: No one has this as a potential landing spot, but I think it's very possible. Cincinnati has two first round picks and I could see them packaging these two picks to move into the top 5-10 to get Richardson. He'd fit perfectly into their young offense and that team would be hard to stop with a top 5 defense, AJ Green, Dalton, and Richardson. I AM PRAYING THIS HAPPENS!!

2) Jets: If Richardson makes it past pick 5, look for the Jets to move up and add their stud RB. Greene is a below average RB, LT is done, and Powell has nice tools, he isn't elite. Imagine TRich with the Jets O-Line! It would be fun to see.

Okay Landing Spots:

Unideal Landing Spots:

4) Browns: The Browns do have a decent O-Line lead by Joe Thomas and Hillis performed great in '10 with very little passing game, but McCoy isn't their future at QB and their WRs (Little is talented) are a bit question.

5) Bucs: Tampa Bay has been slotted taking TRich #5 in many of the mocks I've seen. I can't think of a worse landing spot. Tampa Bay has a poor O-Line (Freeman was fearing for his life this year) and TRich would at very least start by splitting carries with Blount. Blount is young and could turn into a TD vulture over the course of time.

The Browns O-line is much better than the Jets O-line. And while McCoy isn't their future at QB, the Browns can produce viable FF RBs (assuming that FF is the focus here).

No one has the Bengals as a potential landing spot for Richardson? I think about 75% of the mocks that I read have him falling to Cincy and being selected by them...I think Seattle could be a great spot for Richardson to land, as long as Lynch isn't signed more to anything than a franchise tag...
I'm sorry man, but I'm not buying the 75% Cincy being TRich's landing spot. I just looked at ~10 mock drafts (most including trade scenarios) and only ONE had the Bengals drafting Trent.

No one has the Bengals as a potential landing spot for Richardson? I think about 75% of the mocks that I read have him falling to Cincy and being selected by them...

I think Seattle could be a great spot for Richardson to land, as long as Lynch isn't signed more to anything than a franchise tag...
Really?! That's encouraging, I guess. I haven't seen those drafts, but then again I haven't been looking everywhere. Just CBS and ESPN. Which mocks have you seen with him going to CIN?
Here's one that I found on National Football Post: http://goo.gl/QYJWOI just did a quick search, and a lot that I previously saw have been updated to him possibly going anywhere from TB, KC, SEA, NYJ, CIN... But I do remember seeing a bunch with him falling out of the top 15

I agree about Trent splitting carries with Blount..... IN PRESEASON. To think it would be a timeshare is akin to saying the Rams pick Blackmon and he shares with Brandon Gibson. Blount is mediocre, Richardson is fantastic. You wouldn't draft a RB at 5 to share with an average at best back.

I agree about Trent splitting carries with Blount..... IN PRESEASON. To think it would be a timeshare is akin to saying the Rams pick Blackmon and he shares with Brandon Gibson. Blount is mediocre, Richardson is fantastic. You wouldn't draft a RB at 5 to share with an average at best back.
I think your wrong there. Do you remember how many carries Chester Taylor was getting when ADP was a rookie? Chester was getting > 50%. Why would it be different with Blount and Richardson? They aren't going to kick Blount to the curb.

Ideal Landing Spots:

Okay Landing Spots:

Unideal Landing Spots:

You mention that Tampa is a bad spot for him because he would be splitting time with Blount? Then why is St. Louis an 'Okay' spot if he will be splitting more time with SJax? Same with Jets and Brown with Greene and Hillis (if they keep him) respectively. Another spot I've seen him landing in mocks is KC. I don't think that would be good for either him or Charles. Don't think he will go to Seattle either.Other possibly good landing spots:

- Colts (ain't gonna happen though)

- Detroit (with the uncertainty of their RB stable it would be interesting and would make that offense even more potent - doubt it happens though)

- Denver?

For best immediate impact woould be Cinci and Cleveland (if Hillis is gone)

Ideal Landing Spots:

Okay Landing Spots:

Unideal Landing Spots:

You mention that Tampa is a bad spot for him because he would be splitting time with Blount? Then why is St. Louis an 'Okay' spot if he will be splitting more time with SJax? Same with Jets and Brown with Greene and Hillis (if they keep him) respectively. Another spot I've seen him landing in mocks is KC. I don't think that would be good for either him or Charles. Don't think he will go to Seattle either.Other possibly good landing spots:

- Detroit (with the uncertainty of their RB stable it would be interesting and would make that offense even more potent - doubt it happens though)

- Denver?

I think I pretty much explained it. SJax is nearly 30 years old and his body is older than that with all of his injuries he's suffered over time. TRich would be the only guy in STL within a year. Blount is 25 years old and will be around for quite sometime.....at very least he'd be a goal-line hog. Am I wrong here? Please tell me different and explain why I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even wanna get my hopes up. I just know that he will go somewhere ala Mark Ingram and be mucked up in a RBBC like Houston or something. Probably end up being a nice "situational guy" that gets a handful of touches per game just to mix it up. Aaaaaaarrrrrgh! :wall:

(Yes. I was burned by Mark Ingram last year...explains a lot on why I have the #1)

Perhaps I should take Luck? :bag:

I think your wrong there. Do you remember how many carries Chester Taylor was getting when ADP was a rookie? Chester was getting > 50%. Why would it be different with Blount and Richardson? They aren't going to kick Blount to the curb.
It seems you may be the one that is not remembering correctly. Peterson had 238 carries his rookie season while Taylor finished with 157. It didn't take the Vikings very long to start giving Peterson considerably more carries than Taylor after Taylor opened the season as the incumbent starting back. And that was after a season where the Vikings had just signed Taylor as a free agent and he gained over 1,500 total yards for them.I don't see Blount as a threat to Richardson at all. Blount wasn't even effective in short yardage situations last season.

I would be happy with all 5 of those teams as a 1.1 owner. Cincinnati being my least favorite and Tampa being my favorite, Tampa Bay is going to be spending a ton of money this year to hope make themselves into a contender. I could see 2 off-season upgrades being added to help out Josh Freeman this year with all the cap space they have to play with.

I would be happy with all 5 of those teams as a 1.1 owner. Cincinnati being my least favorite and Tampa being my favorite, Tampa Bay is going to be spending a ton of money this year to hope make themselves into a contender. I could see 2 off-season upgrades being added to help out Josh Freeman this year with all the cap space they have to play with.
Isn't Tampa Bay notorious for being tight with their money? They'll probably spend to get to the minimum required and to get there, they'll probably overpay some of their own or some scrubs ala Carolina did last year.Do they have the space? Yes. Does that mean the owner will want to spend it all? History tells us no.

"After rolling over $23.5 million in salary cap space from 2011, Bucs GM Mark Dominik expects to be one of the league's most active teams in free agency this offseason.

"We purposely rolled every penny we could into this year's cap," explained Dominik. "Clubs didn't have to do that, but we wanted to. We have plans." Tampa has been mentioned by various sources as a potential landing spot for free agents Vincent Jackson, Mario Williams, Brent Grimes, Curtis Lofton, and Mike Tolbert. According to figures compiled by ESPN, the Bucs' $60.5 million in salary cap space is second only to the Chiefs' $62.9 million. " Rotoworld

Someone needs to catch up on their reading!

Richardson could definitely slip if the Bucs pass. There aren't many teams with glaring RB needs between 5 and 17. Is the 17 and 22 worth the 5 on the trade value chart? The Bucs might be willing to swap if the Bengals threw a cherry on top of those 2 picks.

I doubt he lasts to 17 if the Bengals sit tight though. He's too talented. Someone will trade up to get him.

You are remembering it incorrectly.In the year before ADP became a Viking, Taylor had rushed for 1200+ yards (while adding almost 300 more via receptions). Yet in ADP's rookie year, he received 60% of the carries, while Taylor only got 40% (not the >50% you remember). I could see a very similar split if Richardson was drafted in TB, with 55%-65% for Richardson, and 35%-45% for Blount.

Richardson presents tremendous value outside draft's top 10

By Bucky Brooks NFL.com

Analyst

Published: Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:09 p.m.

Updated: Feb. 10, 2012 at 06:53 p.m.

Trent Richardson might be the best player in the draft, but the running back from Alabama is not assured of being a top-10 pick.

The evolution of the NFL into a passing league has diminished the value of Richardson's position, and teams are more inclined to bypass a potential feature back in the first round in hopes of finding Pro Bowl-caliber backs in the later rounds. A quick look at the top five rushers from last season validates this point, with Maurice Jones-Drew (second-round pick), Ray Rice (second), Michael Turner (fifth), LeSean McCoy (second) and Arian Foster (undrafted) setting the pace, despite entering the league as lesser-known commodities.

That's why the valuation of Richardson doesn't match his talents. With an exceptional combination of speed, quickness and power, Richardson is a feature runner capable of grinding between the tackles or producing big plays on the perimeter. He routinely strings together three- and four-yard gains before breaking off explosive runs as defenders wear down in the game's late stages. He finished the season with nine 100-yard games, with most of his production coming in the SEC. Given the conference's esteemed reputation in NFL circles, scouts view Richardson's output as a strong indicator of his pro potential.

In looking at Richardson's flaws, his tendency to stop his feet in the hole comes to mind. Unlike some runners who slither through gaps on an assortment of lateral moves and jump cuts, Richardson routinely stops and starts in the hole before getting up the field. While he has been able to get away with the hesitation as a collegian, the speed of NFL defenders could lead to Richardson posting more negative runs as a pro.

When making comparisons for Richardson, the first runner who comes to mind is Ricky Williams. Both are rugged runners with better-than-anticipated breakaway speed, and their ability to play with finesse or power puts defenders in a quandary. Richardson certainly lacks Williams' eccentric persona, but his game and skill set could make him just as productive as Ricky at his finest.

Here are five teams who could take a flier on Richardson outside of the top 10:

Seattle Seahawks

(12th overall pick) Pete Carroll has built the Seahawks' offense around the talents of Marshawn Lynch, but the hard-charging runner could depart via free agency in the spring. Richardson possesses a comparable skill set as a runner/receiver and would give the Seahawks a younger, more explosive back to feature as the main attraction in the backfield. Given the team's shaky quarterback situation, Richardson's presence could keep the team competitive in the NFC West.

New York Jets

(16th overall pick) Rex Ryan is intent on restoring the "Ground and Pound" offense that carried the Jets to back-to-back AFC title games. Shonn Greene has shown flashes of being an effective runner, but Richardson is a significant upgrade talent-wise and his ability to do the dirty work between the tackles will bring back some of the toughness the offense lacked in 2011. Given the Jets' success when featuring a pair of talented runners in Ryan's first season, the addition of Richardson could be a priority in the draft.

Cincinnati Bengals

(17th overall pick) The Bengals have gotten more production than anyone expected from former castoff Cedric Benson. However, he is nearing 30, the age when most runners fall off, so it's time for Marvin Lewis to find a viable replacement. Richardson's ability to run effectively inside would not only complement Andy Dalton and A.J. Green, but also it would help the Bengals maintain their identity as a rugged offense in the physical AFC North.

Cleveland Browns

(4th and 22nd overall pick) The jury is still out on Colt McCoy, but the Browns could do a better job of surrounding him with elite talent to maximize his potential. Richardson is a workhorse runner built to carry the ball 20-25 times, alleviating some of the pressure on McCoy to act as the driving force of the offense. With new offensive coordinator Brad Childress familiar with building an offense around the talents of a runner (Childress drafted and developed Adrian Peterson as the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings), the selection of Richardson could help the Browns gain ground on their division rivals.

Denver Broncos

(25th overall pick) If the Broncos plan to continue the zone-read experiment with Tim Tebow at the helm, the team needs to upgrade the talent at the running back position. Although Willis McGahee, Lance Ball and Knowshon Moreno helped anchor the NFL's top rushing attack, none are viewed as elite talents in the class of Richardson. The Crimson Tide star displays an exceptional combination of speed, quickness and power, and his skill set would flourish in the Broncos' run-heavy offense.

I'd put the Chiefs on their own tier at the bottom, below the Browns & Bucs. They've used Charles as a committee back - Thomas Jones had more carries in 2010 - so I could see them taking Richardson (with pick 11 or 12) and giving each of them 200+ touches. That could be a Jonathan Stewart level disaster for Richardson's fantasy value, since Charles is young, elite, and under contract for the next 4 seasons. As long as Richardson turns out to be a great player, within his first year or two he should be able to win a huge role and be an elite fantasy RB on almost any team (just as guys like Chester Taylor and Gus Frerotte didn't stop Peterson from emerging as an elite fantasy RB), but KC is one team where he'll have trouble getting enough touches.

I don't think Tampa is that bad of a landing spot. I'm just terrified of him going to KC, since I have Charles on one team and T-Rich on the other.

Blount couldn't even muster 55% of the carries competing against Gregg Lumpkin...and that was under the Staff who picked him up from Tenn.

So, how many people are we going to have to put on suicide watch when one of these scenarios play out?

-He slips past the top 5 and the Chiefs grab him?

-The Bears let Forte walk and draft him.

-THE UNTHINKABLE (but who knows...they have done sillier), the Vikings get out from under ADP all together and just draft him. Sounds crazy, yes. BUT, if Richardson is "the next ADP"...."rare guy", like so many people say, then why don't they just do like the Colts and replace the man with the twin man?

Maybe the Vikes should just have sat still a few years ago and drafted Ben Tate...would've solved their porblems and prevented about 100 Tate Vs. Foster threads last year. :yes:

Personally I don't think Richardson is going to be the next coming (can't be the 2nd coming because people already gave that away to Ingram last year).

"After rolling over $23.5 million in salary cap space from 2011, Bucs GM Mark Dominik expects to be one of the league's most active teams in free agency this offseason."We purposely rolled every penny we could into this year's cap," explained Dominik. "Clubs didn't have to do that, but we wanted to. We have plans." Tampa has been mentioned by various sources as a potential landing spot for free agents Vincent Jackson, Mario Williams, Brent Grimes, Curtis Lofton, and Mike Tolbert. According to figures compiled by ESPN, the Bucs' $60.5 million in salary cap space is second only to the Chiefs' $62.9 million. " RotoworldSomeone needs to catch up on their reading!
I read that. But took it with a grain of salt. I'll believe it when I see it. I prefer to go by the historical data.I hope they are active because that will stir things up and make it fun until the season rolls around.

I don't see Richardson falling out of the top 10 i just don't see it....I really think if he is there at 7 the Jags would trade down because they have needs at every position.

It's obvious, but we'll know a lot more once free agency is complete.

The Bucs have major needs at the positions where Claiborne, Blackmon, and Richardson reside. If TB goes out and signs a wideout and a corner we can be pretty sure who they're eyeing with the 5th pick.

Ideal Landing Spots:

Okay Landing Spots:

Unideal Landing Spots:

- Denver?

I think I pretty much explained it. SJax is nearly 30 years old and his body is older than that with all of his injuries he's suffered over time. TRich would be the only guy in STL within a year. Blount is 25 years old and will be around for quite sometime.....at very least he'd be a goal-line hog. Am I wrong here? Please tell me different and explain why I'm wrong.
Goal-line hog? You're wrong because you obviously are mistaken about their comparative skill-sets. No coach worth his name would put Blount in at the goal line, or in short-yardage situations, over Trent. Blount is big, but he's a terrible short-yardage runner. Kind of like Brandon Jacobs.

How are the Bengals your least favorite? Benson put up credible fantasy numbers and Richardson would be a big improvement on him from day 1. I think he'd put up good numbers with the Bengals.Have said that, I don't think he'll end up with my Who Deys: 1) I'd be surprised if he fell all the way down to #17, even with backs becoming a more fungible commodity, this would be a surprise. 2) I'd be even more surprised if the Bengals traded up to get him (at least in terms of package BOTH first round picks) - they don't tend to move around very much in the draft and I think that having the chance to sign first rounders with more appealing contracts will be enticing to them.-QG

'Shutout said:
So, how many people are we going to have to put on suicide watch when one of these scenarios play out?

-He slips past the top 5 and the Chiefs grab him?

-The Bears let Forte walk and draft him.

-THE UNTHINKABLE (but who knows...they have done sillier), the Vikings get out from under ADP all together and just draft him. Sounds crazy, yes. BUT, if Richardson is "the next ADP"...."rare guy", like so many people say, then why don't they just do like the Colts and replace the man with the twin man?

Maybe the Vikes should just have sat still a few years ago and drafted Ben Tate...would've solved their porblems and prevented about 100 Tate Vs. Foster threads last year. :yes:

Personally I don't think Richardson is going to be the next coming (can't be the 2nd coming because people already gave that away to Ingram last year).
Can you give me some examples?

Only bad landing spot that could happen is kc. Charles is an elite talent and would force a rbbc as he is one of the best big play rbs in the nfl provided his acl isn't a lasting issue.

Blount would have zero effect to richardsons future. Richardson is better in all areas.

'Carl Eller said:
'Multiple Scores said:
Blount, this off-season, couldn't carry Chet's jock in the off-season they drafted AP. Not close either.

'Carl Eller said:
'Multiple Scores said:
Blount, this off-season, couldn't carry Chet's jock in the off-season they drafted AP. Not close either.
Chester Taylor year before AP: 303 carries for 1216 4.0 6TDBlount in 2010: 201 carries for 1007 5.0 6TDBlount in 2011: 184 carries for 781 4.2 5TDFreeman/Tampa Mike/Blount...the entire Tampa offense was bad last year, not sure how people can simply put it on Blount's shoulders.

Only bad landing spot that could happen is kc. Charles is an elite talent and would force a rbbc as he is one of the best big play rbs in the nfl provided his acl isn't a lasting issue.Blount would have zero effect to richardsons future. Richardson is better in all areas.
I'm a Richardson fan...but I don't think he's the second coming.Size, jumping over defenders easily go to Blount.Size + speed combo is up in the air.Harder to bring down probably goes to Richardson.

'Carl Eller said:
'Multiple Scores said:
Chester Taylor year before AP: 303 carries for 1216 4.0 6TDBlount in 2010: 201 carries for 1007 5.0 6TDBlount in 2011: 184 carries for 781 4.2 5TDFreeman/Tampa Mike/Blount...the entire Tampa offense was bad last year, not sure how people can simply put it on Blount's shoulders.
While I don't think Blount was as "bad" as he looked last year, you also left out Taylor and Blount's reception totals and yardage on receptions. I think Blount is a decent back for what he is - good speed for a big back, but I think Taylor was a better overall back in his prime.

'Carl Eller said:
'Multiple Scores said:
Last post in fear of derailing a solid topic. First of all, where was I simply putting Tampa's struggles on Blount? Please don't lump me in to a category with "people" based on my comment above. Secondly, you are leaving out quite an important piece of Taylor's game in your comparison above, no?

Bucs take Richardson and ship Blount to the Steelers for a 4th.Deal.
Part of the reason Richardson is mocked to the Bucs is their complete lack of depth at the RB position. It was a glaring hole last year when Earnest Graham got hurt. TB would probably need more than a 4th to go into the season that shallow at RB again.

'Carl Eller said:
'Multiple Scores said:
Last post in fear of derailing a solid topic. First of all, where was I simply putting Tampa's struggles on Blount? Please don't lump me in to a category with "people" based on my comment above. Secondly, you are leaving out quite an important piece of Taylor's game in your comparison above, no?
Didn't think you would be that sensitive and yes I clumped that people are more down on Blount than Freeman/Tampa Mike.However, you pointed out that it wasn't close Taylor vs Blount. I pointed out that it was. Semantics of receptions are for FF leagues. I think they're more close than not close in comparison.

i think blount is in an interesting situation. he has a lot of talent and certainly underachieved some over the season. that said, most of that team underachieved, tuned out and quit on morris. blount has a new regime to impress and secure his position for the future.

i think blount is in an interesting situation. he has a lot of talent and certainly underachieved some over the season. that said, most of that team underachieved, tuned out and quit on morris. blount has a new regime to impress and secure his position for the future.
Agreed. Retool the Defense with some of that cap money and Freeman won't be forced to throw to his one healthy receiver to try and play catch up so early in the game. Add a VJax/Wayne/Colston type guy in FA and the offense REALLY begins to open up. I don't think Blount is elite by any stretch, but I think he and a 3rd down type later in the draft could get the job done. We've seen what Blount can do (busts off 40+ yarders, hurdles or flat out runs over DBs... I think top 5 is just too high to take a guy you don't really need when you have HUGE GAPING WOUNDS everywhere else.

With how much teams draft BPA, I think it's more important to look at what teams wouldn't draft Richardson.

Eagles-with McCoy and Lewis I don't see them drafting him

Minnesota-AP and Gerhart

Saints-P. Thomas, Sproles, Ingram, Ivory

Carolina-Jstew and Dwill

Arizona-Beanie and Ryan Williams

Buffalo- Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller

Houston-Foster and Ben Tate

Part of the reason Richardson is mocked to the Bucs is their complete lack of depth at the RB position. It was a glaring hole last year when Earnest Graham got hurt. TB would probably need more than a 4th to go into the season that shallow at RB again.
Good point...and this is the OC from the Giants. But while they had depth...they stil finished last in the NFL in rushing yards. Any insight on whether this OC is interested in a workhorse RB, or is an Bradshaw-type workload more likely at 15 carries and 5 targets a game?

I'm sorry man, but I'm not buying the 75% Cincy being TRich's landing spot. I just looked at ~10 mock drafts (most including trade scenarios) and only ONE had the Bengals drafting Trent.
There is no way that 75% of the mocks out there have Richardson landing in Cinci. I agree, there are a good deal of people projecting it... myself included. 75% is way too high though. More people have projected him landing in KC than any other team from what I've seen. Also, Cinci will not have to trade up to get him. Nor will they. The most common mistake I see people making in mocks this year is that they are forcing Richardson into the top 11 (KC being at 11) of their draft simply because they see Richardson as a top 10 talent. He is a top 10 talent and I can understand that. The problem is that RB is a position that is deteriorating in NFL draft value every year. We have continually seen top RBs fall bellow their true landing spot if you gaged them simply on talent. Richarson will be no different IMO. I doubt he goes in the top 10. I doubt even more a team trades UP into the top 10 just to make sure they have him. If it happens, then they must really think he is the next Barry Sanders and that would likley bod very well for his fantasy output.

Good point...and this is the OC from the Giants. But while they had depth...they stil finished last in the NFL in rushing yards. Any insight on whether this OC is interested in a workhorse RB, or is an Bradshaw-type workload more likely at 15 carries and 5 targets a game?
It would just be speculation, but I'd absolutely expect the TB offense to mirror the Giants. Sullivan was the WRs coach for 6 years in NY before he was the QB coach. You've got to think he'll be implementing the same type of philosophy. They would actually have somewhat similar personnel, especially if they draft Richardson. He'd be a better version of Bradshaw, and Blount at his fairly young age could be a better version of Jacobs. Blount can lay the wood to a defender.I like the TB receivers, but they're basically all #2s. Go after VJAX or Bowe and a couple defenders in free agency then draft Richardson. NY Giants south. That's my ideal scenario anyway.

Since when is 28 "almost 30"? I guess Blount is "almost 27" so he's just a year younger than Jackson.Jackson has missed 2 games in the past 3 years, which is 3 less than Blount, and he's coming off a season where he averaged 4.4 yards per carry on a bad offense. He's the man in St. Louis for at least two more years; he's under contract at $7M/year for 2012 and 2013.

Since when is 28 "almost 30"? I guess Blount is "almost 27" so he's just a year younger than Jackson.Jackson has missed 2 games in the past 3 years, which is 3 less than Blount, and he's coming off a season where he averaged 4.4 yards per carry on a bad offense. He's the man in St. Louis for at least two more years; he's under contract at $7M/year for 2012 and 2013.
Well, he will be 29 before the next season starts. And 29 is almost 30, isn't it?

We have continually seen top RBs fall bellow their true landing spot if you gaged them simply on talent.
I disagree with this. In 2010 both Spiller and Matthews went higher than projected, with San Diego moving up a long ways to get their hands on Matthews as early as they did. In 2009 we saw teams reach for mediocre talents like Knowshon Moreno and Donald Brown earlier than they were graded out on talent.The RBs fell in 2011, sure, but that has happened plenty of times before in a weak class and isn't necessarily indicative of any trend.I think the whole idea that NFL execs see RBs as fodder that can just be filled with anyone is a complete fallacy. It sounds sexy on message boards and from analysts but I haven't seen any indication that the majority of actual NFL GMs feel this way. Some do, certainly, but not most. RBs continue to be drafted in the first round and get huge paydays when they're free agents.

Users who are viewing this thread