What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bowman 2014 in danger (1 Viewer)

Young 8

Footballguy
Profootballtalk reports 49ers ILB Navorro Bowman has been diagnosed with a torn left ACL and MCL.

This sucks. He was in a zone like you just seldom see on the defensive side of the ball. But he is young and you can look no further than Thomas Davis to see it can be done and moved on for.

I think with the timeline, I would rather see him miss a couple of games to start the season and then maybe be ready by week 4 or so. Losing him half the season would hurt the team so much.

Have there been any updates on Bowman? The last thing I can find is that report back on 10/28 he had resumed lateral cutting, but there was still no timetable for his return.

I'm really close to cutting him (been holding him on IR since the draft). If I have an injured player and I need the IR spot, I think he's gone.

Have there been any updates on Bowman? The last thing I can find is that report back on 10/28 he had resumed lateral cutting, but there was still no timetable for his return.
Fangio said he needs at least a couple of weeks of practice before real action so at this point I would say 3/4 weeks is the best case scenario.

My question is, what happens if the 49ers implode and they are out of the playoffs hunt by the time Bowman is ready to come back ??

One of those times I'd have preferred the 'bumper' to make a new topic rather than cause me more worry by seeing this at the top of the page.

One of those times I'd have preferred the 'bumper' to make a new topic rather than cause me more worry by seeing this at the top of the page.
Sorry, I'm new, trying to get a hang for the way things are done around here. It looked like threads about players go on for quite a long time around here so I did a search and found the existing thread on Bowman. I definitely get your point, the thread title is misleading given the situation. Is there a way a mod can change the title?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/faster-ever-bowman-clocks-40-45-range

The 49ers have no set timetable for his return to action. But he appears to be on target for a return as early, perhaps, as late November.
“I talked to him the other day in the weight room before I left and he was all excited ‘cause he had gotten to run a full-speed 40 for the first time in a long time and broke the 4.5 range -- it was in the 4.5 range,” Baalke said Monday on his weekly appearance on the Damon Bruce Show (95.7 The Game).

Last edited by a moderator:
If that one procedure and lengthy recovery has him reportedly running .2 faster than his combine time i think if i just had 10 of those surgeries consecutively i may be able to break a 5second 40...........watch out NFL

Should I look elsewhere for the playoffs than N Bowman? Playoffs are 14-16. I see 3 weeks of play/practice before his numbers are back. He's the best when healthy but it's difficult for players to return and have an immediate impact. I don't want to risk my championship with mediocre play due to his recovery conditions. With the outstanding performance of Borland's play, I don't see them rushing to get him out there.

I don't want to drop him even though I know I should, am I crazy or is it reasonable?

Fangio was also asked about NaVorro Bowman's status, and he provided a fairly realistic perspective. Bowman will not be playing this week, and Fangio said he doubts he would play next week given that he would only have a few days of practice in. Previously, Fangio has said it would probably take at least a couple weeks of practice for Bowman to get back into full game shape. Fangio said that time was running out, and that while nobody is giving up, but the schedule is drying up. He stated that it was not a matter of a setback or anything, but rather the fact that it has only been 10 months since a serious operation.

The 49ers have to decide by next Tuesday whether to activate Bowman, or leave him on the injury list the rest of the season. One option is to activate him to the 53-man roster, and then just leave him inactive like they have done with Dorsey. They can wait and see if any injuries occur on Sunday, but if they come out of that game healthy, one option would be releasing one of their numerous special teams specific players. If Vance McDonald gets healthy soon, they could use Asante Cleveland's spot for Bowman while they continue to see if he can return at some point.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/12/4/7336035/vic-fangio-glenn-dorsey-tramaine-brock-navorro-bowman-injury-update-49ers-seahawks

Meanwhile, All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman got in a workout before the 49ers hit the practice field on Friday. It appears unlikely Bowman will play this season. The 49ers must decide to place Bowman on the 53-man roster by Tuesday in order for him to remain eligible to play this season.

Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio said on Thursday that no decision has been made.

“But, obviously, we have four games left,” Fangio said. “One a couple of days away, and he hasn’t practiced yet. So that’s three games left for him. I doubt he would be able to play next week, but only if he started practicing off of two, three days of practice. The games are running out. I don’t think he’s given up, nor has anybody else. But the time and schedule, obviously, is drying up.”

Bowman continues to undergo his rehabilitation work in hopes of coming back from a severe knee injury he sustained in the NFC Championship game. He has experienced no known setbacks.

“I think everything’s fine as far as rehab goes,” Fangio said. “I just think it’s 10 months out from the operation and it was a serious operation. I don’t think he’s had any setbacks, as far as I know. I don’t think it’s anything major.”
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/davis-brock-mcdonald-remain-out-practice

SANTA CLARA -- All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman will not return to practice this week, making it increasingly more likely he will not be available to play this season.

Bowman, who is attempting a comeback from a severe knee injury sustained in the NFC Championship in January, begin his three-week practice window two weeks ago. The 49ers have until Dec. 9 to decide whether to keep him on season-ending physically-unable-to-perform or activate him to the 53-man roster without ever seeing him in football drills.

“I think we’re looking at another week of rehab,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said on Monday.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/bowman-will-not-practice-week-season-appears-doubt

Steelers scored too quickly(only had the ball for a little over 20 minutes) and did a ton of their damage through the air. Didn't see the Niners blitzing Navorro much this game either. "Perfect storm" this week. He'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread