What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DL Options (1 Viewer)

Gally

Footballguy
I am hurting with Chandler Jones out and my other guys are on bye this week. I am looking for a one week fill in for Week #9 on the DL. It's a big play league (8 pts per sack; 1 pt per tackle for DE & 10 pts per sack; 2 pts per tackle for DT).

Some choices are

Clinton McDonald Tampa DT @ Cle

Damon Harrison NYJ DT @ KC

Allen Bailey KC DE vs NYJ

Vinny Curry PHI DE @ Hou

Thoughts on any of these guys or any other suggestions of DL that might be on waivers....

McDonald: Mostly consistent, and with TB coming to town, probably see them run the ball alot

Bailey: If he doesnt get to QB he is WW material but Vick will go down a few times for sure.

Harrison: Kc will run the ball but he is 3rd in line for Tackles on that DL

Curry: Too many DL in Philly, too hit of miss for me

I'm in a shallow dl league so I'm pretty terrible at this -- how deep is yours?

I'm assuming somebody's been sitting on dion jordan?

if I'm throwing darts, maybe keep an eye on hayes in st louis, and use eugene sims if he's out?

if I'm throwing darts, maybe keep an eye on hayes in st louis, and use eugene sims if he's out?
The league is 12 team dynasty league with 45 man rosters so the pickings are pretty slim.

Dion Jordan is owned.

Both Hayes and Eugene Sims are available but it doesn't look like either is worth a flyer in my scoring...

McDonald: Mostly consistent, and with TB coming to town, probably see them run the ball alot

Bailey: If he doesnt get to QB he is WW material but Vick will go down a few times for sure.

I am looking primarily for a one week fill in while Mario Williams and Willie Young are on bye so the hit or miss moving forward isn't a huge deal.

So basically who has the best chance at a sack or a DT with a decent shot at a handful of tackles.

I think I am leaning towards McDonald as the safest bet and Bailey if I want to take a high risk/high reward chance (at least out of the choices I listed).

If there are any other suggestions of guys that are under the radar but getting upticks in chances or a good matchup I would appreciate it.

What about D Moore NYG? Ive been sitting on him in several dynasty leagues. Giants are saying they want him more involved but I have heard this before.

That said he will likely cost you jack squat and might put a QB on his ###.

What about D Moore NYG? Ive been sitting on him in several dynasty leagues. Giants are saying they want him more involved but I have heard this before.

That said he will likely cost you jack squat and might put a QB on his ###.
He was drafted and the owner loves him. Not likely to get him cheap ....

Demarcus Lawrence might play this week. He will be eased in but in a few weeks, just might be your new Chandler Jones

I am looking primarily for a one week fill in while Mario Williams and Willie Young are on bye so the hit or miss moving forward isn't a huge deal.

So basically who has the best chance at a sack or a DT with a decent shot at a handful of tackles.

I think I am leaning towards McDonald as the safest bet and Bailey if I want to take a high risk/high reward chance (at least out of the choices I listed).

If there are any other suggestions of guys that are under the radar but getting upticks in chances or a good matchup I would appreciate it.
FWIW, with Mario on bye I'm going with the risk/reward of Bailey. Figure he has as good a chance as anyone of putting up a couple sacks or tackling Vick if he runs. the other option was Mario Addison.

OHH YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice call.....I ended up going with what I thought would be the higher floor and McDonald and he rewarded with an Interception and a few tackles for 15 pts. Unfortunately I am still down 32 but have Bradshaw, Beckham and Vinatieri going against Hankins. The other guy had Maclin and Antonio Brown and Robert Quinn....ouch

Any word on whether the injury to Dallas DE, Crawford will lead to more snaps for Lawrence. Did Lawrence play more after Crawford got hurt?

Users who are viewing this thread