What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN has no stats for J.T. Thomas (1 Viewer)

I dunno much about JT, but I'd go after Jeremiah George if I were you. Just sayin' if he's healthy, he'll be the better player...

Its happened at least 2 weeks in a row for him on ESPN. I emailed them about it and they said they are looking into it. That was two days ago. Weird, because you'd think they just take the stats from the box scores and he has stats in those.

Yahoo now has him with "III" (Third) to distinguish him from other "JT Thomas"s. I'm guessing ESPN has a database-matching problem related to this seeming name change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad you posted this because I had the same problem and want to pick him up badly. I noticed that Telvin Smith had the same exact amount of tackles (8) last week that J.t. Thomas was credited for last week, so I'm wondering if they just messed up and gave the numbers to Telvin Smith. I would try comparing Thomas' box scores to what they're giving Smith.

It's also interesting that, despite the fact that it's listed as Jac Lb on the free agent part of ESPN's website, if you click on his player card, it says that he is #o on the Chicago Bears.

I just checked the stats for Telvin Smith, and ESPN seems to have his numbers correct. I guess it's just a coincidence that both players had five tackles last week. With that being said, though, it is frustrating that ESPN messed up on this. I think my league is definitely moving on from ESPN next year.

On my ESPN league there are two profiles for him, one has scores the other does not. Who were the starting LBs this week? Thomas Otto George MLB Smith SLB?

I have J.T. Thomas on my ESPN roster (the one with the scores).... BUT, there's also a SCORELESS J.T. Thomas in Free Agency.. haha!

Also, MY JT Thomas DOES NOT show up on JAC's roster anymore... so anyone "looking" on the PLAYERS Page for the scoring JT Thomas would NOT know that he's on my team.

Okay, that's interesting information and helps explains a really big mistake by ESPN, but I would like to know how you acquired the J.T. Thomas who does have points scored. I have no trouble finding the one without scores, but where is the one who does have points. The one who does not have points is listed as #0 on the Chicago Bears for some reason.

I saw after last week's game that he hadn't been given any scores so before picking him up, I used the filter and made sure that there was no other J Thomas listed as a LB for the Jags. There was only one so I picked him up and played him, though I expected this issue to continue. The player photo of the guy on my roster and the guy who has stats in the boxscore is the same, and they are both listed as "J.T. Thomas", playing LB for the Jags. I don't understand.

I need this resolved as after score corrections today, I had a close win in one league taken away and lost by a point...but that was with JT Thomas scoring zero, which obviously is wrong. This is frustrating. I haven't heard back from ESPN about this since their earlier reply.

I don't have access to my computer right now but I just did a player search on the app and there is no JT Thomas or J Thomas LB listed for the Bears, so now I'm more confused. I've emailed ESPN again but that are hopeless.

The thing I don't understand is that their fantasy stats are taken directly from the ESPN boxscores and he has been credited with stats in those. It should automatically flow through.

Users who are viewing this thread