What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TJ Carrie (1 Viewer)

Goblue41

Footballguy
Does anyone know why TJ Carrie's Yahoo league projected points for this coming week against San Diego went from double digits (based mostly on return yards) to 4 overnight? I play in a league that counts return yardage and he is playing SD who gives up a ton of return yardage. Did he lose his kick return job or something? Why would the projected number be cut so drastically? Anyone know?

Who cares about yahoo projected stats?

I do! Especially when a players projected stats change dramatically, not just for this week but for the rest of the season. It usually is telling you something like a player lost heir starting job or they are being used in a different way. The projected points aren't the issue because those are always off but it can still tell us something and that's what I am trying to figure out with TJ Carrie. His projections weren't just changed for this week due to injury but for the rest of the year which was odd. Trying to find news that tells me why it happened.

Thanks. Saw that today. Seems to be a bit banged up. His projections were changed dramatically for the rest of the year too though which is what caught my eye.

Still nothing on ESPN about him.

Last week they didnt even note him as *out.

Do we know if he will even play this week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if him not taking returns today was just a temporary precaution due to his injury or if this is a longer term change in kick returners for the Raiders?

On ESPN, there is a story today that basically says that the coach pulled Carrie from his return duties because they are shorthanded in the secondary and Carrie is playing a vital role now. Carrie hasnt practiced Monday or Tuesday this week either.

I think it was a bogus report- George Atkinson was the primary kick returner for Oakland last week. No word on if it will last

If you have an available bench spot you may want to stash him for a week. He has a favorable matchup in week 15 so in an ideal case you could give him a week and see if he retakes the KR role. Otherwise he's a definite drop candidate.

With Carlos Rogers on the IR, TJ Carrie has a larger role on defense. The secondary doesn't have much depth, so I can't imagine Carrie returning kicks going forward. Maybe just punts. I could see Murray returning kicks if Atkinson doesn't cut it. Who really knows though and it's tough to hold a roster spot for a kick returner that may or may not even return kickoffs.

Has anyone heard if TJ Carrie will be returning kickoffs this week against the 49ers? It could be Carrie, Murray or Atkinson at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread