What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday AM Notes Week 11 (2 Viewers)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=14bramel_sundayAM_idp_11

EARLY GAMES
Atlanta at Carolina

Prince Shembo began seeing base defensive snaps again last week. He's now entirely off the injury report and could see a higher percentage snaps than Joplo Bartu. The Falcons are otherwise healthy.

Star Lotulelei is out with an ankle sprain. Charles Johnson is questionable after not practicing with the team while away with his family. He's expected to play but it's not yet been confirmed.

Cincinnati at New Orleans

Vontaze Burfict is out again this week. He will again be replaced by Vinny Rey. Rey Maualuga is questionable, but fully practiced on Friday and should be back in his base middle linebacker role. Terence Newman is listed questionable but did not practice this week. He's unlikely to be active. If he is, he'll have a reduced role.

Curtis Lofton is fighting knee soreness but should play despite his questionable tag. David Hawthorne should be back this week, though it's unclear whether he'll play every down. Keenan Lewis was treated for a swollen knee this week and was able to take a limited practice on Friday. He's questionable but hopeful to play.

Denver at St. Louis

Nate Irving was placed on injured reserve earlier this week. Steven Johnson will continue in the middle in the base defense, but the Broncos will continue to use a Big Nickel alignment on passing downs, with T.J. Ward playing a linebacker role.

Lamarcus Joyner will miss today's game with a groin injury. Mark Barron played a very aggressive in-the-box role in passing situations last week. He was a pass rusher on half of his snaps and was also tasked with zone coverage from the slot and run blitzes. If he plays the same role today, he'll be on the field for more than 40 snaps and an upside DB3.

Nice read. Could you expand a bit on the NYG situation at LB, specifically with regards to Kennard? Is he pretty much unlikely to see any sub snaps? For dynasty leaguers, you think he has a chance to eventually be a 3d back?

Nice read. Could you expand a bit on the NYG situation at LB, specifically with regards to Kennard? Is he pretty much unlikely to see any sub snaps? For dynasty leaguers, you think he has a chance to eventually be a 3d back?
I think Kennard has a chance to be the every-down MLB next year. This season, there's been no indication the Giants are willing to trust him in subpackages. Paysinger has seen time in that role until this coaching staff in each of the last three years. My concern with Paysinger today is that we might see Herzlich play some base snaps. With Kaepernick's speed, I think it's pretty unlikely, but the possibility is there.

McClain 68/68

Kennard 55/68

Herzlich 49/68

Paysinger 12/68
All kinds of weirdness yesterday.

Very few nickel snaps for the Giants overall. I get why the Giants used Herzlich in the base defense and noted that in the Notes. I'm really surprised they chose to limit Paysinger, though, after all reports suggested he'd start and be a big part of the game plan. Essentially, this split means you'll have to be very comfortable with the game script to play any LB other than McClain until Jacquian Williams returns.

I thought paysinger had become the forgotten man in that rotation ---- was he hurt, or something?

i didn't expect to see him again, at all.

McClain 68/68

Kennard 55/68

Herzlich 49/68

Paysinger 12/68
All kinds of weirdness yesterday.

Very few nickel snaps for the Giants overall. I get why the Giants used Herzlich in the base defense and noted that in the Notes. I'm really surprised they chose to limit Paysinger, though, after all reports suggested he'd start and be a big part of the game plan. Essentially, this split means you'll have to be very comfortable with the game script to play any LB other than McClain until Jacquian Williams returns.
home vs Dallas next week, so that might be an option. The rest of the schedule is not that friendly.

But nice usage for those in dynasty leagues.

3-4 said:
Who is Jacquies Smith TB - LB. DE?!
he's a back up end they claimed earlier in the year --- he played a bit a week ago filling in when michael johnson sat out.

looks like he got another pretty good chunk this week.
Thank you Larry :)

About his future? Any TB homers here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread