What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Von Miller 2014 (1 Viewer)

He played but did not look like the guy I remember, he got pressure about two times in the 50 or so times Luck dropped back. Hopefully he plays better going forward, cause this effort makes him non-startable.

Yeah, I was listening to the radio broadcast and following Twitter while watching, and it was expected that Von would be a bit out of shape for this first game. They said the hook would be quick on him if he looked winded, and I noticed at least twice when he came off the field when he normally wouldn't.

I'd wait until Week 3 to see where he's at. If he's not back to "old Von" by then, or darn near it, then I'd be a bit concerned.

Plus, the Denver DEF is better in general, and Miller seems to have more competition that will siphon away stats. I think I might cut bait sooner rather than later in redraft.

The Indy oline was full of street FAs and he was invisible. That is what has me worried. I expected a big game from him.

Got him on the cheap in a start up. Now I'm feeling like people knew something I didn't.

So, Miller has had some good stats after that worrying first game.

Does Trevathan coming back help or hurt Miller's fantasy outlook?

The Admiral said:
Trevathan's return certainly looks like it hurt Brandon Marshall and Nate Irving.
Definitely, greatly reduced snaps for those guys.

Von Miller is still an every-down LB though. However, his fantasy output seems to be more dependent on sacks as opposed to racking up tackle totals. The other day I think Yahoo had Miller projected for 15 more sacks over the remaining games. Not out of reach, but that's definitely on the optimistic side.

Von Miller is my "is this league worth joining" barometer. I go to the stats and look up the 2012 LBs, and if he isn't in the top 2-3, the league isn't worth joining.

Users who are viewing this thread