What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ayers traded to Patriots / pending Physical (1 Viewer)

This move pretty much solidifies Hightower at the MIKE. Ayers is a prototypical SAM. Collins remains at the WILL. Ayers strength are being positive against the run, and rushing the QB. Was a liability in coverage in 2012, but improved last year in that aspect. I'd guess its unlikely he plays sub packages, even when he gets acclimated to system. Hightower traditionally hasn't been great in coverage, but PFF likes him this year there.

This is ridiculous of Whisenhunt's Titans.

They have no OLBs now, just DEs playing OLB.

If they didn't like him, they should have traded the former 2nd round pick a long time ago.

To move up from the Titans 7th to Pats 6th isn't even a full round.

He's a decent OLB with some real good athleticism. I wouldn't doubt BB can coach him and mold this talent. I would imagine his ceiling is an average somewhat solid OLB, nothing spectacular. He does have a nice move where he sells dropping back and then rushes the passer. Maybe maybe maybe there's some pass rushing ability we didn't see.

I'm not sure if he's good enough to impact the Pats this year. I'm sure BB can be overly deliberate with him, but as far as coming this late and grasping their D and scheme....

Users who are viewing this thread