What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lets get this info rollin (1 Viewer)

DesmondBishop

Footballguy
We need some news on players asap and some things I have noticed:

Trevor Scott played 82% of the snaps last week and had 2 sacks, only Wilfork and Nikovich played more and it was only slightly more. Does this continue or was this an anomaly? I think the Patriots are going to score plenty on the Texans and force a heavy passing game from them, which would mean more sack opportunities.

Tysyn Hartman, Safety for the Chiefs played quite a bit last week and had 6 or 7 tackles, is he starting this week? Great tackle match-up this week against the Browns who will run a lot and if DJ is out, probably will mean more tackles for the safeties. Also, who starts at LB in KC if DJ is out?

Just FYI, Woodley is out again and Worilds will start, last week the 4 starting LB's for the Steelers all played 100% of the snaps, that is going to translate to at least 1 sack vs Rivers for Worilds this week. Harrison is probably a must start this week against the rag tag o-line of the Chargers, and he has been very hot of late.

No secret: Nick Roach is starting at MLB for the next few weeks for DaBears and will probably be on the field 100% of the time and has a good match-up against a run heavy team like Minn. Some of you may think to roll with Briggs, but if you look deeper at his numbers, outside of the weeks he had picks, his numbers are VERY pedestrian, I like Roach better this week especially in tackle heavy leagues.

Another WW flier this week may be Ahmad Brooks, now in my leagues he is off the WW but we have deep benches, but they play Miami in SF and Brooks usually plays most downs and I am thinking it will be raining sacks in SF this weekend. I think a great play in any type league this week.

Corey Lynch SD Safety, probably has been scooped up by now, but if not and you need a DB, he has about 20 tackles and a pick over the last 2 weeks and is playing every down.

Corey Graham Ravens Safety, is another guy that has had a few good weeks now and may not be on the WW any longer, but if he is, I like his match-up this week and it is in Washington, home of the NFL's best scorekeeper.

Whatcha got?

Last edited by a moderator:
Patriots RE Chandler Jones (ankle) says he's "ready to play against the Texans" this week on Monday Night Football.

a little odd to hear something like this, but maybe the rookie hasn't been fully indoctrinated into the program.

anyway, if he actually plays scott probably gets bumped off teh field, or at least loses a big chunk of those snaps he got filling in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevor Scott filled in for Chandler Jones last weeek and, as K-A Larry said, is likely headed back to a reserve role.

Corey Graham is actually playing CB, filling in for Jimmy Smith, his matchup this week is a favorable one but his future production is highly questionable.

Lance Briggs tackle numbers are as a rule pedestrian, however when Urlacher is out or limited those numbers have historicaly spiked up considerably.

The other guys are a crap shoot IMHO, boom or bust.

Derrick Johnson's backup is a good question, I know who it won't be, my guess is some sort of committee.

Trevor Scott filled in for Chandler Jones last weeek and, as K-A Larry said, is likely headed back to a reserve role.Corey Graham is actually playing CB, filling in for Jimmy Smith, his matchup this week is a favorable one but his future production is highly questionable.Lance Briggs tackle numbers are as a rule pedestrian, however when Urlacher is out or limited those numbers have historicaly spiked up considerably.The other guys are a crap shoot IMHO, boom or bust.Derrick Johnson's backup is a good question, I know who it won't be, my guess is some sort of committee.
Yeah saw that on Jones earlier today. MFL has Graham listed as a Safety and a lot of IDP leagues use S/CB interchangeably, but with Pollard and Reed as safeties, what matters is that Graham is on the field a lot and actually making plays. I am also not sure if he will be bumped out of the line-up before most FF play-offs are done, which still makes him a good pick-up if you need someone. This week we shall see how things go, should be plenty of chances for tackles, I have Briggs and snagged Roach off the WW, but not sure I have the nads to play either without seeing how things are going to go, but then again, it may be too late by then. My gut says Roach, but I am not a Bears fan and maybe Briggs numbers do pick-up without Urlacher in there. Looks like a guy named Cory Greenwood played some snaps last week at LB'er for the Chiefs, he is not even in the MFL database... Siler maybe. Probably should look elsewhere.

Thanks! I dropped Johnson for him. Sure glad I happened onto this thread. We're in a 14 team league and the playoffs are going to be close (first round this week).

Lynch has been very good the past 2 weeks, SD overall D is bad, he should get plenty of chances to make plays this week.

Malcolm Jenkins goose egg?!
Safety Malcolm Jenkins suffered a right leg injury and his outlook is uncertain for Week 15 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Jenkins attempted to re-enter the game after initially leaving, but quickly aggravated the injury and left for good.

Users who are viewing this thread