What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mario Williams - Rex Ryan 3-4 Effect (1 Viewer)

Gally

Footballguy
Has Mario played in a 3-4 in the past and if so how did it affect his IDP value? Will Mario stay at DE in the 3-4 or be moved to OLB? What is most likely?

I have him in a dynasty league and coming off this great year I am wondering if now is the time to sell high with the change in defense philosophy.

Any thoughts?

whoever it was had him at 3-4 olb prior to whatshisname from detroit going back to 4-3.......schwartz!

edit: didn't he do some of that briefly in hou, too, before moving to buf?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pettine came from the Jets to coach the Bills defense in 2013. Mario was an OLB/DE hybrid. He kept his DE designation for fantasy purposes and posted 28 solos, 10 assists, and 13 sacks.

not a huge difference in production compared to his 2014 numbers: 36/6/14.5

I believe he also played 3-4 OLB during his last year in Houston when he posted 5 sacks in 5 games before getting injured.

I think he should keep his DE designation as he'll play up on the line of scrimmage a lot, but I guess there's no guarantee. If he gets changed to LB at fantasy sites, that would kill his value in most leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he should keep his DE designation as he'll play up on the line of scrimmage a lot, but I guess there's no guarantee. If he gets changed to LB at fantasy sites, that would kill his value in most leagues.
Luckily for me since I have him under contract as a DL he stays that way so I won't lose value there. I posted believing I remembered a down year as an OLB in Houston but after looking at his stats he's been fairly consistent even if/when he played OLB.

I guess the real worry would be if they tried to make him a 3-4 DE but I don't think they would do that.

Users who are viewing this thread