What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Welcome to the 2013 Anarchy League 2 THE LEAGUE OF CHAMPIONS thread. Here is the MFL League Site: http://www6.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/49259

If I entered the info correctly, the draft is scheduled to start Wed 7/17 at 8:00 AM Eastern time. If that is problematic, let me know.

Passwords should be the same as last season. Biabreakable and JeremyX13 can use Anarchy2 as passwords for now.

Here is the randomly selected draft order . . .

1.01 Duckboy

1.02 Old Milwaukee

1.03 There It Is

1.04 Just Win Baby

1.05 Kruppe

1.06 Fiddles

1.07 CalBear

1.08 rzrback77

1.09 Anarchy99

1.10 nittanylion

1.11 Coordinator

1.12 Sinrman

1.13 Biabreakable

1.14 JeremyX13

1.15 Stinkin' Ref

1.16 Norseman

Good luck, and good drafting . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to thank the lords of chaos for giving Stinkin Ref one of the worst draft slots imo. Mine is not much better but I like the 13 hole slightly more than the 15.

Looks like we will be drafting what is left after the TE run.

I got 15 hole in both anarchy 1 and 2...kinda sucks not to be able to see something different...we'll see

Ready whenever. I'd be willing to kick this off early if need be. West coaster but usually up around start time so shouldn't be much of a delay if we need to wait until the set time.

interested to see how things shake out in this format in the early rounds compared to last year.....little different landscape

interested to see how things shake out in this format in the early rounds compared to last year.....little different landscape
I think in terms of ADP there are more RB being taken in regular drafts which is a slightly different picture than last season when the top QB were considered a bit higher as well as a few TE no longer in the picture.

The thing is with this scoring system I do not think that ADP is very relevant.

1.01 Duckboy takes Graham and the rest of us all cry.

1.02 Old Milwaukee crushes my dreams of having AD when he breaks Eric Dickerson's record.

1.03 TII otc

1.04 JWB on deck

1.05 Kruppe is cool because he predrafts.

So Dleo are you JeremyX13 this time? Your avatar looks like the potato couch.

1.01 Duckboy takes Graham and the rest of us all cry.

1.02 Old Milwaukee crushes my dreams of having AD when he breaks Eric Dickerson's record.

1.03 There it is takes the 1st surprise of the day Dougie Fresh! I thought for sure a TE was the pick.

1.04 JWB gets Calvin Johnson.

1.05 Kruppe breaks the QB seal with the Packers.

1.06 Fiddles otc

1.07 CalBear predrafts! Whoa we might be in business today guys!

Unfortunately for Kruppe the Packers are going to need a wildcard for any bonus points because I think we know who is winning the division. Speaking of the best division in football there are 3 players selected from the north already.

i think since we weren't technically starting until tomorrow we don't have timeouts yet, so I will wait on Jeremy?

Round 1 is in the books

1.01 Duckboy Graham.

1.03 There it is Doug Martin.

1.04 JWB Calvin Johnson.

1.05 Kruppe Packers QB.

1.06 Fiddles Jason Witten.

1.07 CalBear Tony "the Emmit Smith of TE" Gonzalez.

1.08 rzrback77 Gronk

1.09 Anarchy99 Denver QB.

1.10 nittanylion Saints QB.

1.11 Coordinator Demaryius Thomas.

1.12 Sinrman Arian Foster.

1.13 Biabreakable AJ Green.

1.14 JeremyX13 49ers QB.

1.15 Stinkin' Ref Vernon Davis.

1.16 Norseman Julio Jones

2.01 Norseman Ray Rice

Stinkin' Ref otc Coordinator on deck after predrafts.

1.01 Duckboy Graham.

1.04 JWB Calvin Johnson.

1.05 Kruppe Packers QB.

1.08 rzrback77 Gronk

1.14 JeremyX13 49ers QB.

2.01 Norseman Ray Rice

2.02 Stinkin' Ref Patriots QB

2.03 JeremyX13 Brandon Marshall

2.04 Biabreakable Trent Richardson

2.05 Sinrman Percy Harvin

2.06 Coordinator Dennis Pitta

2.07 nittanylion OTC

2.08 Anarchy99 on deck

Now some of you may be saying to yourself, Bia.. what are you doing? The Cleveland Browns are not going to the playoffs. And you are likely right. I do have Richardson projected to be the 2nd best RB in 2013 after Peterson and he was the highest value on my list, although I admit some other picks have much better playoff potential, and so perhaps drawing more even in the end, but I am happy to have him. I expect a pretty special year.

Given the long, long wait until I will be able to pick again, I changed my mind perhaps 10 or more times, but I decided Richardson was the one player I would regret most not coming back to me.

That is no fun.

I noticed several of the picks around the turn were all top picks (the next best) according to FBG projections in DD. :ph34r:

That is no fun.

I noticed several of the picks around the turn were all top picks (the next best) according to FBG projections in DD. :ph34r:
not me...never have....probably should...I haven't purchased my subscription yet...

Sorry for the brief delay, fellas.

1.10: QB Saints - I love Payton and Brees with a point to prove and a chip on their shoulders. Career year possible, and at least one playoff game likely.

2.07: Roddy White, WR Falcons - My pick for NFC Champs, so that's an entire schedule's worth of stats, if I'm right. Not bad for 23rd off the board.

1.01 Duckboy Graham.

1.04 JWB Calvin Johnson.

1.05 Kruppe Packers QB.

1.08 rzrback77 Gronk

1.14 JeremyX13 49ers QB.

2.01 Norseman Ray Rice

2.07 nittanylion Roddy White

2.08 Anarchy99 Andre Johnson

2.09 rzrback77 Marshawn Lynch

2.10 CalBear Dez Bryant

2.11 Fiddles Falcons QB (I considered this strongly at 2.04)

2.12 Kruppe Jermichael Finley

2.13 JWB Randall Cobb

2.14 TII Owen Daniels (Silly me thought he might make it back around to me, not even close)

2.15 Old Milwaukee otc

2.16 Duckboy on deck and in the hole

I was happy to see those Packers get taken as I definitely did not want those guys.

Old Milwaukee crushes my dreams of having AD when he breaks Eric Dickerson's record.
Adding Jamal Charles and CJ Spiller to my squad and the likelihood of a record breaker increases for team Old Milwaukee.
Going RB-RB-RB in this format is a different approach. You may have locked up the team RB scoring title . . . but that may not mean much given the scoring system.
:goodposting:

It will be interesting to see how this strategy works. My expectation is that OM is going to have to nail a lot of sleepers to avoid a bottom half finish.

Fiddles said:
Atl QB

McCoy

Witten

:thumbup:
Going to have to agree with Calbear here, Fiddles is getting too many good picks. I almost took McCoy instead of Richardson and somehow McCoy still made it all the way back to you in the 3rd... oof dah!

Nice work Fiddles.

Just Win Baby said:
Old Milwaukee crushes my dreams of having AD when he breaks Eric Dickerson's record.
Adding Jamal Charles and CJ Spiller to my squad and the likelihood of a record breaker increases for team Old Milwaukee.
Going RB-RB-RB in this format is a different approach. You may have locked up the team RB scoring title . . . but that may not mean much given the scoring system.

It will be interesting to see how this strategy works. My expectation is that OM is going to have to nail a lot of sleepers to avoid a bottom half finish.
Honestly I think the RB approach has similar to potential as other draft strategies and later picks at WR may not be losing as much points as the RB some of us will be drafting in the 9th round.

It has been proven stud TE draft can win this league, but all strategies are viable with the right picks. I think McCoy would have been a better pick than Spiller but AD and Charles should both do very well.

Just Win Baby said:

Honestly I think the RB approach has similar to potential as other draft strategies and later picks at WR may not be losing as much points as the RB some of us will be drafting in the 9th round.

It has been proven stud TE draft can win this league, but all strategies are viable with the right picks. I think McCoy would have been a better pick than Spiller but AD and Charles should both do very well.
I will take whatever scraps you will all leave me.........

Anyhow......I will be off line (at sea) from o'dark thirty Thursday until 8pm Friday EDST. I am currently 22 picks away and have predrafted my first, at the turn.

I don't suspect I will hold you up, but if I do I apologize.

So not to be left out of the RB fun OM I got Steven Jackson and Frank Gore. Both RB who I like to possibly get extra playoff game points to go with Trent Richardson.

I might end up with an Riley Reiff at the TE position, but my running backs are pretty good.

So now it seems the RB run is in full swing! :lol:

1.01 Duckboy Graham.

1.04 JWB Calvin Johnson.

1.05 Kruppe Packers QB.

1.08 rzrback77 Gronk

1.14 JeremyX13 49ers QB.

2.01 Norseman Ray Rice

2.07 nittanylion Roddy White

2.08 Anarchy99 Andre Johnson

2.09 rzrback77 Marshawn Lynch

2.10 CalBear Dez Bryant

2.11 Fiddles Falcons QB (I considered this strongly at 2.04)

2.12 Kruppe Jermichael Finley

2.13 JWB Randall Cobb

2.14 TII Owen Daniels (Silly me thought he might make it back around to me, not even close)

2.15 Old Milwaukee Jamal Charles

2.16 Duckboy Victor Cruz

3.01 Duckboy Larry Fitzgerald

3.02 Old Milwaukee CJ Spiller

3.03 TII Brandon Pettigrew

3.04 JWB Jordy Nelson

3.05 Kruppe Panthers QB

3.06 Fiddles LeSean McCoy

3.07 CalBear Vincent Jackson

3.08 rzrback77 Alfred Morris

3.09 Anarchy99 Wes Welker

3.10 nittanylion Marques Colston

3.11 Coordinator Seahawks QB

3.12 Sinrman Eric Decker (my cousin is surprised this Gopher is playing in NFL)

3.13 Biabreakable Steven Jackson

3.14 JeremyX13 DeMarco Murray

3.15 Stinkin' Ref Dwayne Bowe

3.16 Norseman Chris Johnson

4.01 Norseman Detroit QB

4.02 Stinkin' Ref Colts QB

4.03 JeremyX13 Matt Forte

4.04 Biabreakable Frank Gore

4.05 Sinrman Cowboys QB

4.06 Coordinator Greg Olsen

4.07 nittanylion Darren Sproles

So far there has been

11QB

18 WR 8 since the start of round 3

10 TE

16 RB 10 since the start of round 3

Happy with Nicks here, but was hoping for the expected high reception total from Amendola. Just knew he would not get past David though.

When Yuds sniped me on Welker, I thought about going in 2 different directions. I already had what I felt to be a tremendous amount of firepower with Brees & Roddy, and plan 1 had me steering away from PPR and going Steven Jackson and Sproles, figuring I could eschew the receptions in lieu of total yardage between the two, and Jackson's TD's. (I'm smitten with SJax this year in Atlanta), but since I was well behind the TE 8-Ball, I went with plan 2, which, with Brees in the fold, to go after the remaining major pieces of what could very likely be G.S.O.T. The Sequel, picking up Colston's PPR in the process.

Brees / Sproles / RWhite, Colston

...just crazy how, if Jimmy Graham hits his projections, he could singlehandedly equal the production of Colston/Sproles in this system. Love this League, David!

Nerves of steel move by Calbear taking MJD at this juncture.

How far would you go to win your fantasy league? It can be a loaded question for some fans whose penchant for sabotage and chicanery are unsurpassed.

While most of the deception to get a win is sophomoric fun, what if you actually could influence the outcome of games?

Maurice Jones-Drew says teammate almost missed a block to win a fantasy football game.

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew is an avid fantasy football player who drafts himself in most leagues. He relayed an anecdote to SiriusXM Radio on Wednesday, describing a situation when a moral conundrum stirred between fantasy and reality:

"Greg Jones -- see he's not on the team anymore -- perfect example: I was playing against him (in fantasy)," MJD said, per LarryBrownSports.com. "And we have our equipment guys keep us up on (the fantasy scores) during games. You know who you have and you see when you're not on the field obviously but ... I think if I scored, I was going to (beat Jones).

"We got onto the 1-yard line, and they were like, 'We better call this run play.' I'm like, 'Greg, don't do it.' And he looked at me and he winked. And I was like 'Greg. It's not time to play. This is bigger than (winning in fantasy). Let's not do this.'"

Asked what the wink meant, MJD answered, "(Jones) wasn't going to block the guy!"

There is so much intrigue in that story: using equipment managers as personal sideline fantasy updaters (where do we apply for that job?); implied nefariousness; huddle-breaking mindsets; and a Moonlight Graham-esque wink.

Given Jones-Drew's wording, we'll assume Jones made the block and Jones-Drew scored the touchdown. It's folly to think any NFL player would sabotage his own teammates to win a fantasy football matchup.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000218657/article/maurice-jonesdrew-details-fantasy-football-insanity
Good thing Greg Jones is no longer in the picture eh? I wonder what MJD's projections for himself in 2013 might be?

Kruppe, I am pretty sure I put a sign on Rudolph that says "property of Biabreakable do not draft" did you not see my note?

I guess it is only fair since the Vikings keep stealing the Packers players recently. Nice pick.

Naw. I think Cassell can play well enough for Rudolph to improve on last season even if Ponder cannot.

oops I should not name drop those guys.

Biabreakable said:
nittanylion, just out of curiosity what do you have Sproles projected for?
Don't have him projected yet, little behind on that, but I have tiers and buckets done...as I said in my earlier post, my original plan was to get Welker @ 3.10, and I was pretty surprised when that didn't happen, when I looked at the remaining available options, it struck me that I could really maximize Brees by taking some additional components of the Saints offense.Now, it wasn't part of my original plan to take Brees at 1.10, but I felt compelled to do so with what went in the 1st 8 picks, and Yuds taking Manning at 1.09, which made me feel better about going QB in Round 1, when there wasn't another positional player I was wild about with the pick (was looking to draft Tony G.)...

...so when I saw a scenario that offered me the opportunity to like the Brees pick more than I already did, as well as further maximize his value, I took Colston over Jackson, feeling very strongly that Sproles would be there at 4.07, if I wanted to continue down that road, depending on who else was available at that point, of course...

...so when it got to that point (and of course, Jackson was gone by then), and Sproles was there, 2 things: Sproles wouldn't be there at 5.10, and the opportunity to continue down that road was enticing enough to pass on some choices that probably made more sense than going down that road...

Road less traveled, I guess.

So bringing it all back full circle, I THINK Sproles has high floor and low ceiling - relative to that high floor. 1000-1200 total yards 8-12 total TD's...but what's more important to me at this point is the aggregate of Brees/Sproles/Colston within what I feel is going to be the most potent offense in 2013.

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, but I guess I'm counting yards and an extra game or two to trump the other options I had at that point.

:popcorn:

Thanks for your thoughts on that nittany.

This might be only in my own mind but I liked seeing the RB run the way it did. I think Old Milwaukee has reason to like that even more. But everyone got some pretty good RB anyways. There is actually a lot of quality players at the RB position right now, more than last season for sure, but just a pretty deep group of them. Sproles, Jackson and Gore will not likely be viable considerations in 2014-2015 but they are good options for 2013 still, and then the young RB who came into the league last season, as well as a few other younger guys like Ridley who became feature RB.

I have pretty much come around to 2013 seeing more rushing attempts than last season, perhaps significantly more, in part because of the greater depth at the position right now.

Either that or we drafted a bunch of duds.

18 Rb drafted 15 Wr since round 3.

...and now I've done gone and drafted Reggie Bush, my first player from a Team that I don't think makes the post-season, and no extra-game bonus scoring.

Well, after just HAVING to have the Saints trio, I just HAD to have the Sproles/Bush backfield, scoring system be damned.

This time around it was the lure of the shiny new toy over a bunch of guys I felt I could land at 6.07...so now the waiting game begins.

Regarding Bush, when the Lions signed him, I was ecstatic - so many times, I see FA's go places that just don't make sense to me, and for years I ponder what might have been had they landed elsewhere. Not this one, though...IMHO this Lions Offense and Bush are a perfect fit and Reggie's going to rack up a boatload of yards and enough scores to make this a worthy late-5th round selection.

Packers win the Division, forcing the Lions to compete for a WC berth vs Falcons/Saints and Seahawks/49'ers, which I don't see bearing fruit, so I'm going to need every point he generates through Week 17 to realize a decent finish in this thing.

Packers, Falcons, Saints, Seahawks, 49'ers and the winner of a tighly, TIGHTLY contested NFC East...that's as strong a field as it gets...

...anyone think the NFC shakes out differently? Panthers, Lions, Bears and the other East Division Teams*** are weak contenders IMHO. I don't think the Vikings, Panthers, Bucs, Rams or Cards are dancing this Season.

*** I don't think the NFC East Teams are weak by any means, but they are going to beat up on each other to the detriment of their collective post season hopes. Falcons/Saints and Seahawks/49'ers will all likely finish with better than 9-7 records. Maybe the NFCE Division Winner finishes 10-6, but they all have that 9-7 / 8-8 look to me at this point, courtesy of beating the snot out of one another.

...and so the day gets off to a banner start: goodbye James Jones, goodbye Brandon Myers...top two guys I was hoping would last to 6.07...

:sigh:

Users who are viewing this thread