What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Anarchy League 5 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Welcome to the 2013 Anarchy League 5 thread. Here is the MFL League Site: http://www6.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/41781

If I entered the info correctly, the draft is scheduled to start Wed 7/17 at 8:00 AM Eastern time. If that is problematic, let me know.

Passwords should be the same as last season.

Here is the randomly selected draft order . . .

1.01 Faux Bear

1.02 Blinky The Three Eyed Fish

1.03 bron1cos

1.04 Real Men Of Genius

1.05 Binky The Doormat

1.06 IndyHavoc

1.07 Butcher Boy

1.08 Hard Knockers

1.09 Honey Badger Don't Give A @$#!

1.10 Sinrman

1.11 Dork Matter

1.12 firstseason1988

1.13 pigskinfanatic

1.14 jsharlan

1.15 Benchwarmers

1.16 Instinctive

Good luck, and good drafting . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to start draft now and just leave timer off until Wednesday? Might be surprising how much progress we could make early.

8am EST = 5am PST, I'm in the West Coast so I may be lagging in the mornings a bit. I think there was no clock to start and I'm picking at 13 spot so shouldn't be an issue.

Adding another Anarchy championship!!! Even if David doesn't know my name.

BTW...thanks for the invite and glad I could fill in.

We are witnessing a redefinition of the term "slow draft".
I think one of the problems this year is that people don't think/know that they should still be contacting (pming on FBG) the next person that is up.....nice having the draft at MFL, but unless people are using the text alert resources over there, I have a feeling many aren't letting the next guy know he is up....

We are witnessing a redefinition of the term "slow draft".
I think one of the problems this year is that people don't think/know that they should still be contacting (pming on FBG) the next person that is up.....nice having the draft at MFL, but unless people are using the text alert resources over there, I have a feeling many aren't letting the next guy know he is up....
I believe I set the leagues for people to receive email alerts (but folks could have disabled that option). Very few owners entered any contact info, so not many folks are set up to have text alerts.

If I am lax in picking it's because I am busy with something else and could not pick at that moment in time no matter if people PMed me, texted me, or emailed me.

In League 5's case, I don't even know what Hard Knockers FBG board name is, so I can't PM a gentle reminder.

I just looked at the shark pool thread and Hard Knockers doesn't have IN next to his name so not sure if he ever checked in at all.

Can we put up a clock? I started drafting for League 10 two days ago and that draft is about to pass this league. That draft isn't fast by any means either.

Can we put up a clock? I started drafting for League 10 two days ago and that draft is about to pass this league. That draft isn't fast by any means either.
Turning on the clock only serves to mess up the competitive balance of the teams. Teams will almost always get a RB as an ADP pick. And from past history, no one wants to take over drafting for a team that wasn't theirs to start a draft.Sort of comes with the territory when you try to pair 16 guys that no one knows and then they disappear. I can make picks for teams that seem to have taken off.

Turning on the clock only serves to mess up the competitive balance of the teams. Teams will almost always get a RB as an ADP pick. And from past history, no one wants to take over drafting for a team that wasn't theirs to start a draft.Sort of comes with the territory when you try to pair 16 guys that no one knows and then they disappear. I can make picks for teams that seem to have taken off.
Got it, steady as she goes captain.

When people ask me why I have often considered stopping these FREE leagues, here is "EXHIBIT A" as to why many times it's not worth the grief. I heard from Hard Knockers:

a few requests, don't ever pick for me again, i'm around, i'm having a few unexpected issue, an email about u making my pick would have sufficed. also if u ever do pick for someone, pick bpa please, not the player no one else wants, unfair and completely destroyed my team as u selected decker of all people, my interest is now non existent.

ill be around, but replace me if you like, but do not ever pick for me again.
Apparently the email and subsequent discussion about the draft taking too long doesn't count as communicating.

How terrible of me to draft a WR that ranked 12th last year as the 23rd WR off the board this year on a virtual lock to make the playoffs.

I will find someone else to finish out the draft for him.

When people ask me why I have often considered stopping these FREE leagues, here is "EXHIBIT A" as to why many times it's not worth the grief. I heard from Hard Knockers:

a few requests, don't ever pick for me again, i'm around, i'm having a few unexpected issue, an email about u making my pick would have sufficed. also if u ever do pick for someone, pick bpa please, not the player no one else wants, unfair and completely destroyed my team as u selected decker of all people, my interest is now non existent.

ill be around, but replace me if you like, but do not ever pick for me again.
Apparently the email and subsequent discussion about the draft taking too long doesn't count as communicating.

How terrible of me to draft a WR that ranked 12th last year as the 23rd WR off the board this year on a virtual lock to make the playoffs.

I will find someone else to finish out the draft for him.
So, are you saying those are unfair requests? Even though I appreciate you doing these, your response to an upset owner is disturbing. So sorry, I'll rephrase to appease you.

"Please, oh please, commish will you refrain from making any additional picks for me with out a heads up.. I do not feel like generic speed the draft up email means u should pick for the person. Also, next time you make a pick for someone pick, please pick bpa, not who u like. keeps it fair i assume."

Dude, don't ever pick for me again. I'll say it here and I'll say it loud. Also, in a free league that has no reward, you sure are a demanding person on someones time.

So point one to your anger - is it unfair to ask for a clock if you will be picking for people? Too much to ask? Also asking a league to speed up a draft is definitely different then picking for someone without warning, if you do not see that maybe you shouldnt run these leagues.

Also, Decker was not BPA, my strategy was ruined, I informed you of that. People hate the guy who speaks up, I accept that, but it does not make anything i say less true. yes others in the league will say its ok to pick for another team, i do not expect any of the 15 guys to understand, but outsiders can understand picking for said team without a direct email to said person that u will do so and without a clock on tap anyways is unacceptable, commish.

Also, calling out someone who is in one of your leagues after he sent you a direct email is a classless move, managers of companies would get fired and never work again for that move. I could of came at you here, I took it to PM, but again the guy who speaks up is the one people will look at as wrong, not the guy who couldn't handle the truth or a league members dismay.

As you said, IT'S A FREE LEAGUE, it's not like you could suffer a financial loss by not finishing as high in the standings. You took 8 hours to pick after there was a discussion involving half the league about the draft taking to long that went on earlier in the day.

If you made your pick in a timely manner, I would not have had to intervene. And then you bring it up two days later? Also, you signed up for 2 leagues and from what I can tell only showed up for one.

Good luck and god bless, amigo . . .

As you said, IT'S A FREE LEAGUE, it's not like you could suffer a financial loss by not finishing as high in the standings. You took 8 hours to pick after there was a discussion involving half the league about the draft taking to long that went on earlier in the day.

If you made your pick in a timely manner, I would not have had to intervene. And then you bring it up two days later? Also, you signed up for 2 leagues and from what I can tell only showed up for one.

Good luck and god bless, amigo . . .
My requests are not off base, implement a clock if it is an issue. And if you do pick for someone, take BPA. Is that too much to ask? My new problem is now how u handled it, you took it here to show ur anger at an owner who was upset for a reasonable reason. I understand its two days later and was gonna let it go, as i might have been able to keep my strategy. But decided to tell u via email, remember you brought it here and made a big deal about it. I even said i would be around as i made my most recent picks, but again you think you handled it correctly to boot me for saying my thoughts, lol. Thank god you are not in management anywhere, or at least, I hope not.

I join these not for you, but for me. who you think i should draft and if its not a big deal if im upset about a player u put on my team is for me to decide.

Oh, and a reason why I did not check into that other league is I never got an email saying I was in it

Best to you as well, buddy!

Thanks David. I, along with most others here, appreciate what you do by running these free leagues. Run them how you want. I will continue to participate and I will continue to try and be respectful of the other owners by picking in a timely manner.

Phenix, if you didn't want Decker then get to the draft and make a selection. Just one person's opinion.

Thanks David. I, along with most others here, appreciate what you do by running these free leagues. Run them how you want. I will continue to participate and I will continue to try and be respectful of the other owners by picking in a timely manner.

Phenix, if you didn't want Decker then get to the draft and make a selection. Just one person's opinion.
1. No duh you feel that way, you just want the draft to move so you can hurry and make your next pick. The other 14 guys feel that way I'm sure.

2. Also, why don't you put your whole head up there, maybe you could see what he ate.

3. Do you also tell the government, yes, please tell me what to do, I'm just happy to pay the taxes? lol Geez

FWIW: I shouldn't have to divulge, but I have been having some chil'ren issues, but hey... as long as the SLOW draft in a free league moves fast.

1. No duh you feel that way, you just want the draft to move so you can hurry and make your pick. The other 14 guys feel that way I'm sure.

2. Also, why don't you put your whole head up there, maybe you could see what he ate.

3. Do you also tell the government, yes, please tell me what to do, I'm just happy to pay the taxes? lol Geez

FWIW: I shouldn't have to divulge, but I have been having some little one issues, but hey... as long as the draft moves fast.
Sorry that you are having little one issues. As a dad I can understand. The 1 minute it would take to contact someone just saying you are around and will pick as soon as you can would go a long way.

Simply called respect in my opinion.

1. No duh you feel that way, you just want the draft to move so you can hurry and make your pick. The other 14 guys feel that way I'm sure.

FWIW: I shouldn't have to divulge, but I have been having some little one issues, but hey... as long as the draft moves fast.
Sorry that you are having little one issues. As a dad I can understand. The 1 minute it would take to contact someone just saying you are around and will pick as soon as you can would go a long way.

Simply called respect in my opinion.
I responded to some in the league when the emails went around.

Holy cow, no wonder you don't want to run these leagues.

And how is Eric Decker someone nobody else wants?
Lets ignore that my request was to not pick for me as it is all about drafting in these leagues and since you do nothing else, but to send me a personal direct email if it is even a possibility and take BPA if you do.

As far as Decker, I have him in the few leagues, but he was left available for a reason, so yeah nobody else wanted him up to then, THATS A FACT, but not the point!

Also, lets ignore the classless move and reaction from a commish to post my email here and then cry "this is why I don't do these leagues" to try to justify a reasonable request as wrong doing when all I did was ask him to not pick for me again and to take bpa if he did. Thats gets you booted? LMFAO

AGAIN, MUST BE TOO MUCH TO ASK.

It must be too much to ask to predraft a few picks ahead or check in once during an 8 hour workday to do so. You've got no argument man, this is a huge lack of class.

Here's what you should do now:

"David, I'm sorry I flipped out on you. I appreciate you running these leagues for FREE each year, and I will do my best to make my picks in a timely manner and utilize the amazing pre-draft function that exists. I know I think my time is worth more than everyone else's, but I'll try to be more respectful."

Or you could go on continuing to be a jerk because things are anonymous. :shrug: Your call.

For the record, when I have to pick for someone, I take the BPA that I would pick if it were my team at a position of need for that team. I still see nothing wrong with taking Decker there, and it's not like I penalized him by giving him Crabtree instead.

david....don't sweat it....dude had issues going on much more important than ONE pick in a free for fun league....yet he freaks out and tries to blame you for making his d-bag attitude public....whatever...he came at you acting like a d-bag instead of saying hey thanks for making a pick for me when I had some #### going on....his attitude deserved replacement....theres always one in every group....I would have taken Decker and twice on Sunday....he said "don't ask me to be in these again" so it's over with.....you are super cool to handle things in these, he could have been more excellent....especially for someone having issues with a child....he should see the big picture instead of sweating a pick.....that kind of attitude can be cancer in these type of leagues.......addition by subtraction....

Stinkin Ref said:
david....don't sweat it....dude had issues going on much more important than ONE pick in a free for fun league....yet he freaks out and tries to blame you for making his d-bag attitude public....whatever...he came at you acting like a d-bag instead of saying hey thanks for making a pick for me when I had some #### going on....his attitude deserved replacement....theres always one in every group....I would have taken Decker and twice on Sunday....he said "don't ask me to be in these again" so it's over with.....you are super cool to handle things in these, he could have been more excellent....especially for someone having issues with a child....he should see the big picture instead of sweating a pick.....that kind of attitude can be cancer in these type of leagues.......addition by subtraction....
:lol:

I could find the cure for cancer, you would still hate me. Guess thats the price you pay for having opinions and not kissing ars.

It must be too much to ask to predraft a few picks ahead or check in once during an 8 hour workday to do so. You've got no argument man, this is a huge lack of class.

Here's what you should do now:

"David, I'm sorry I flipped out on you. I appreciate you running these leagues for FREE each year, and I will do my best to make my picks in a timely manner and utilize the amazing pre-draft function that exists. I know I think my time is worth more than everyone else's, but I'll try to be more respectful."

Or you could go on continuing to be a jerk because things are anonymous. :shrug: Your call.
LOL, I should apologize to him because he runs free leagues? Maybe you would, but I have balls.

I don't accept someone making my pick, and never will. You can call me every name in the book, that won't change. On top of it, not all people you meet will accept the situation someone gives them. Like "I'm thoe commish, don't question me" crap is for the birds. You can be sheep, I'm not.

The thing is these are supposed to be hyper active leagues full of active board members. I understand things come up, but thats what the predraft feature is for, which few people are using effectively. Personally instead of getting your panties in a wad over having a pick made you to, I would have apologized for holding things up. I'm sure the guys that drafted Maclin and Pitta would like to have Decker instead right now.

I find it odd that part of the argument is taking the BPA, which was apparently Reggie Bush. Last year, Decker ranked 40th overall while Bush ranked 117th. That's part of the issue . . . BPA is COMPLETELY subjective. For example, Phenix took Detroit TMQB in Round 1 in this league. Yet in League 10, DET TMQB went at pick 53. So at what point would Detroit TMQB be considered the BPA? The first round? The second round? The third round? The fourth round?

The thing is these are supposed to be hyper active leagues full of active board members. I understand things come up, but thats what the predraft feature is for, which few people are using effectively. Personally instead of getting your panties in a wad over having a pick made you to, I would have apologized for holding things up. I'm sure the guys that drafted Maclin and Pitta would like to have Decker instead right now.
Touche

I find it odd that part of the argument is taking the BPA, which was apparently Reggie Bush. Last year, Decker ranked 40th overall while Bush ranked 117th. That's part of the issue . . . BPA is COMPLETELY subjective. For example, Phenix took Detroit TMQB in Round 1 in this league. Yet in League 10, DET TMQB went at pick 53. So at what point would Detroit TMQB be considered the BPA? The first round? The second round? The third round? The fourth round?
I agree it is subjective, but my point is on the draft selection board, the BPA was Bush, and my point is you should of took BPA according to that, I assure you if you would have I would have dealt with it.

For the record every time I complained about time, I was told to calm down last year, look it up. Ironic?

I agree it is subjective, but my point is on the draft selection board, the BPA was Bush, and my point is you should of took BPA according to that, I assure you if you would have I would have dealt with it.

For the record every time I complained about time, I was told to calm down last year, look it up. Ironic?
At this point we are just collectively wasting more time. However, there is no listing of BPA. There is a listing of highest remaining player based on ADP, and I can assure you that over the years that generally IS NOT the player you want to pick. For example, if Jeremy Maclin is undrafted in any of this year's league, he very soon will be the player with the highest ADP remaining. Should I draft him for teams that are way late in making a pick. Given the scoring requirements, the player on the ADP list is usually a RB, as the scoring system favors other positions more than RBs. Similarly, if I DID pcik another player, you could have had a conniption about that guy as well.

In your situation, you already mentioned you were part of the email conversation about the draft taking forever and that things needed to pick up. I believe that some of that conversation occurred when you were on the clock. But then you mentioned you had other issues that prevented you from being able to make a pick. And as I already mentioned, you signed up for another league and never made any picks, never communicated that you wouldn't be participating, and basically that league also slowed down because of it.

How am I to know that in one league you are this serious player and active . . . while in another league you blew it off entirely. For all I knew, you had little interest in participating in this league, too.

Similarly, you could just have easily jumped on board right away after I picked for you and said you HATED Decker (again, why that is is an entirely different issue), explained whatever your story was for not making a pick, and ask for someone else as a replacement. But instead, you waited 2 days to attack me and describe how you were the aggrieved party . . . when there was no longer any way to rectify it.

Percy Harvin is going to kill me in THREE leagues here now. Both Anarchys I'm in and SSL. Had such high hopes for him this year. Was REALLY loving my WRs in this Anarchy until

he went under the knife.

I dont think I want to be in League 5 next year. Cant even finish the last round without a 24 hour delay.

Users who are viewing this thread