What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First Annual BBAPL League Sign-Up (1 Viewer)

jeaton6

Footballguy
Post here if you are in for the first Annual BBAPL (Best Ball All Play League). Draft will start at 8 AM on February 24th. The clock will start at 8am that day.

Since we are starting earlier than originally posted we are going to be flexible in the first round.

Draft rules will be same as PDSL format with a few exceptions 1) 22 rounds ilo 20 2) Line-up will include only 2 WRs and will have 2 Flex which can be RB/WR/TE.

Scoring and line-up will follow FFPC rules. Some of the key differences vs the other survivor leagues are TEs score 1.5 PPR and QBs score only 4 per pass TD.

Draft Rules: 22 rounds

Lineup: Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST.

Scoring Rules:

4 pts for passing TDs, 6 pts for all other TDs

1 pt for every 20 yards passing

-1 point for every interception thrown

1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving

1 pt per reception for RBs and WRs

1.5 pt per reception for TEs

2 points for 2-pt conversion

1 point for PAT conversion

3 points for every FG of 1 30 yards plus .1 point for every yard thereafter

1 pt for D/ST sack, 2 pts for all turnovers

6 pts for all D/ST touchdowns

5 pts for every safety

12 points for every shutout

8 points for allowing between 1- 6 points

5 points for allowing between 7 - 10 points

Additionally, this is not a survivor league, no weekly knockouts. The champion will be determined by the best overall "All Play" record.

This is Draftmasters league, no waiver wire or line-up management.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=311956

Draft will be done on this board and transferred to mfl later. 8 hour clock with the clock being reduced if we fall behind with a 4 week completion goal.

Miss your pick in first round and you move back to end of first round. Miss a pick make it up any time but clock cut in half. PMing highly encouraged/expected to keep draft moving. If you can't PM next guy post to the board and someone will do for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
my suggestions:

1. no auction

2. no money....once you introduce cash it usually leads to more of a time commitment and I would venture to say most in the forum have a full plate of leagues and will not want to participate if too much attention is required

3. I think just based on sheer competitiveness, people will still check in to make weekly roster moves, etc.....but don't want it to be so over the top that you feel like you screwed your whole season if you check out for a couple weeks or something

Im looking forward to this...I think this could be a ton of fun....don't have to worry about weekly lineup decisions and can check in and manuver your roster around as much or as little as you like....multiple games each week, not just one matchup.....best of the best top gun type ####....let's go....

Yep looks that way. Or perhaps he'll be partially excited..ugh forget that thought don't want to talk about ref being excited at all.

sucks about no in season management....thats the part I wanted to see the most.....it would really change the draft, etc....

couple thoughts....

1. since no in season management.....how about we increase the draft by two rounds to 22.....this does a couple things....let's us dig a litttle deeper into the player pool....and offers a little more draft flexibility.....meaning since it is head to head, all play.....maybe we are able to take Orton if we have Romo....or maybe some increased gamesmanship with 3 defenses......maybe a few more rooks get taken.....(not sure thats possible since a ton went in WSL)..

2. I'd like to see a flex option incorporated somehow....the 2RB/3WR/1TE thing is boring.....let's add a flex.....so maybe we end up rocking 3 RB's one week and 2 TE's the next, and then 4 WR' the next....it would allow for more creative drafting.....bring more of your players into play each week, etc....

min: 2RB/3WR/1TE

one flex: RB or WR or TE....or what the hell, maybe it could be a PK or DST....just not a QB

Stinkin Ref said:
couple thoughts....

1. since no in season management.....how about we increase the draft by two rounds to 22.....this does a couple things....let's us dig a litttle deeper into the player pool....and offers a little more draft flexibility.....meaning since it is head to head, all play.....maybe we are able to take Orton if we have Romo....or maybe some increased gamesmanship with 3 defenses......maybe a few more rooks get taken.....(not sure thats possible since a ton went in WSL)..

2. I'd like to see a flex option incorporated somehow....the 2RB/3WR/1TE thing is boring.....let's add a flex.....so maybe we end up rocking 3 RB's one week and 2 TE's the next, and then 4 WR' the next....it would allow for more creative drafting.....bring more of your players into play each week, etc....

one flex: RB or WR or TE....or what the hell, maybe it could be a PK or DST....just not a QB
Yes and yes.

Stinkin Ref said:
couple thoughts....

Yes and yes.
I like it. RB/WR/TE as flex sounds good. PK/DST not a fan. They are drafted early enough as is in these and last thing I want to see is multiple people getting stuck with 0 or 1 defense bc some silly person/people decide to go 4 deep.

Stinkin Ref said:
couple thoughts....

Yes and yes.
I like it. RB/WR/TE as flex sounds good. PK/DST not a fan. They are drafted early enough as is in these and last thing I want to see is multiple people getting stuck with 0 or 1 defense bc some silly person/people decide to go 4 deep.
Defensive flex would be awesome.

I guess count me in although I might need someone to fill in for me a few days around the middle of march.

I like it too. Going 22 deep with 16 people will be a challenge to finish before PDSL unless 1) we start on Wednesday Feb 26th ilo March 3rd 2) we cut clock (not sure how much impact this would actually have though) or 3) we don't care about the draft overlap, though I think this could cause confusion. Thoughts?

I don't care about overlap....or how long it takes....just like that it's different and think it will be fun....if we get on a little roll, the two extra rounds won't mean much....

and on the DST thing.....if you know there is a chance some people may go 3-4 deep, there is no reason to get stuck without at least one.....you may just have to draft one earlier.....how much does it mean to you...?...."I don't like drafting a DST early" is not an reason not to do it....you may have to pass up value somewhere else....but oh well.....

but I'm cool with DST not being a flex option cause it is kind of radical....maybe in year 1 we don't and see how it goes....and then maybe look at it in year 2....but part of me wouldn't mind seeing us throwing it in the mix and just wingin it....

and on the DST thing.....if you know there is a chance some people may go 3-4 deep, there is no reason to get stuck without at least one.....you may just have to draft one earlier.....how much does it mean to you...?...."I don't like drafting a DST early" is not an reason not to do it....you may have to pass up value somewhere else....but oh well.....

My thought is if we're going to flex non traditional spots than "ef it" lets do it right and make everything a flex including QB. Fantasy Jungle used to have QB flex and it sure as hell made it interesting for all. Obviously this would change the draft dynamic pretty dramatically. Honestly as long as it's fun I don't really care what the particulars are but I want to ensure we lock something down in the next week so there is no confusion heading into the draft.

im down with just traditional flex of RB/WR or TE.......even without flexing the DST Bass will still probably take 5 or 6....

This isn't really a mock it's serious competition! That said we won't be flexing anything other than RB/WR/TE.

My thought is if we're going to flex non traditional spots than "ef it" lets do it right and make everything a flex including QB. Fantasy Jungle used to have QB flex and it sure as hell made it interesting for all. Obviously this would change the draft dynamic pretty dramatically. Honestly as long as it's fun I don't really care what the particulars are but I want to ensure we lock something down in the next week so there is no confusion heading into the draft.
I like the QB superflex in one league I'm in but that only has 10 teams. I think a QB flex would be way to much for a 16 team league.

My count has us at 18 right now with BNB. I wouldn't expect many more to sign on. Anyone have issues with going 18 teams? Normally I'd say it's tough given that's less than two possible QB starters per team but there are so many unknowns this year at the QB position that even 16 teams wouldn't have 2 guaranteed starters anyways.

Who was the 4 defense guy that got everyone's panties in a bunch one year?
Mad Viking

why not just go ultimate flexibility since it is best ball and use ffpc lineups. 1QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 flex (WR/RB/TE)?

My count has us at 18 right now with BNB. I wouldn't expect many more to sign on. Anyone have issues with going 18 teams? Normally I'd say it's tough given that's less than two possible QB starters per team but there are so many unknowns this year at the QB position that even 16 teams wouldn't have 2 guaranteed starters anyways.
I'll sit this one out. If BnB is indifferent, that'll put you at 16. Do PM me if you end up needing one more.

Okay folks since we are at 16 we will get started at 8 AM this Monday. See revised rules in my first posting. I will roll for draft order tomorrow when I get back from vacation and I will PM first guy up to make sure he is aware we are getting started.

Okay folks since we are at 16 we will get started at 8 AM this Monday. See revised rules in my first posting. I will roll for draft order tomorrow when I get back from vacation and I will PM first guy up to make sure he is aware we are getting started.
just a suggestion - dont care if you use it or not... fftoolbox has a great draft order generator, if you have everyone's email addy

Users who are viewing this thread