What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Not thrilled with the Forte pick, but after CJ went it was either him or my #1 QB (shocker, he doesn't play in den) and it just seemed way too early.

As I mentioned before, not thrilled with the 7th pick. I think there's a definite top 6 -- the 4 RB taken (pretty big 2nd tier), Graham, Calvin (another big 1st/2nd tier) and then Peyton. I had some hope of getting Forte with Peyton going early in the other drafts. But not to be.

Even though everyone knows there will be some regression with Peyton, he's still my clear QB1 and can win/advance you almost all by himself. Not worried about losing 2 of his "main" cogs and Denver should still roll and roll and roll on offense. I know the top 3 QBs will be gone by my next pick and my other position tiers were gone. Usually lots of top 10 RB turnover year over year. WRs are usually more steady, but there's tons of them. All that left me with Peyton. I think the only other time I've drafted him (and I know the only time I've drafted him in my regular leagues) was 2011. Let's hope history doesn't repeat.

As I mentioned before, not thrilled with the 7th pick. I think there's a definite top 6 -- the 4 RB taken (pretty big 2nd tier), Graham, Calvin (another big 1st/2nd tier) and then Peyton. I had some hope of getting Forte with Peyton going early in the other drafts. But not to be.

Even though everyone knows there will be some regression with Peyton, he's still my clear QB1 and can win/advance you almost all by himself. Not worried about losing 2 of his "main" cogs and Denver should still roll and roll and roll on offense. I know the top 3 QBs will be gone by my next pick and my other position tiers were gone. Usually lots of top 10 RB turnover year over year. WRs are usually more steady, but there's tons of them. All that left me with Peyton. I think the only other time I've drafted him (and I know the only time I've drafted him in my regular leagues) was 2011. Let's hope history doesn't repeat.
No way anyone can expect Peyton to repeat 2013 numbers. Even with the loss of Moreno and Decker I can see him in the mid-40's, and that's still top tier, probably #1 QB again. I think it all boils down to if Ball can take control and not make them miss Moreno. Knowshon was decent in the passing game this past season, and Peyton needs that "out" when things break down.

No way anyone can expect Peyton to repeat 2013 numbers. Even with the loss of Moreno and Decker I can see him in the mid-40's, and that's still top tier, probably #1 QB again. I think it all boils down to if Ball can take control and not make them miss Moreno. Knowshon was decent in the passing game this past season, and Peyton needs that "out" when things break down.
Maybe things don't break down as often with Clady back and Beadles gone....or maybe it breaks down more if Ball/etc can't pass protect. Whatever it is....I think Denver and Manning are smart enough to figure it out and make it work.

A big reason I went QB, is I felt it was a safer pick than others and feel I can get good RB/WR in the next couple rounds. And I won't feel like I have to chase a QB2 when you all are scrambling during that run. :P

Maybe things don't break down as often with Clady back and Beadles gone....or maybe it breaks down more if Ball/etc can't pass protect. Whatever it is....I think Denver and Manning are smart enough to figure it out and make it work.

A big reason I went QB, is I felt it was a safer pick than others and feel I can get good RB/WR in the next couple rounds. And I won't feel like I have to chase a QB2 when you all are scrambling during that run. :P
I won't be scrambling! I'll have Johnny Football! :P

Happy with Gordon at the 9th pick. After seeing his latest ink, I needed him to anchor my squad.

Rudy clocks out in a little over an hour. Protocol moves him to 1.16. He hasn't logged in since April 2.

Does anyone have a way to get a hold of him?

If he moves to 1.16, do we wait another 4 hours?

Nugget said:
Rudy clocks out in a little over an hour. Protocol moves him to 1.16. He hasn't logged in since April 2.

Yes, if he moves to 16, his clock halves to 4 hours. He has 4 hours to make both picks.

Nugget said:

Yes, if he moves to 16, his clock halves to 4 hours. He has 4 hours to make both picks.
Do we have a backup ready to roll?

Sinrman said:
Saw Blue Kun listed Jordan Cameron as a WR for CLE. Isn't he designated as a TE?
:o

He is, but I didn't feel like editing the post after I made it. Besides, he'll probably score like one under this system. :2cents:

Sinrman said:
Saw Blue Kun listed Jordan Cameron as a WR for CLE. Isn't he designated as a TE?
:o He is, but I didn't feel like editing the post after I made it. Besides, he'll probably score like one under this system. :2cents:
Probably wishes he edited the pick more than the WR designation...oooh burn.

I was hoping Rodgers (my #1 qb) might somehow be there at 2.11.With him gone, I felt I needed to take a WR there and it was a coin flip between Nelson and Brown.

Brees was my second choice, but I didn't want to come out of the first two rounds without a RB, and QB is deep enough I can get a serviceable one later.

Brees was my second choice, but I didn't want to come out of the first two rounds without a RB, and QB is deep enough I can get a serviceable one later.
Yeah, while I love my WR/WR combo of AJ Green and Marshall, it already is slim pickens in the RB department in regards to workhorse RBs...we're almost into guys that at best are looking at a 60/40 split.

Sweet Love said:
3.08 - Julius Thomas - TE Denver
IMO Sweet Love just killing it in this draft (value)
I thought long and hard about taking Thomas and had his name typed in several times but just couldn't pull the trigger. I've always found my drafts more challenging going with QB and TE in 2 of the first 3 picks. Seems like I always ended up chasing RB and WR. Add in I already had Manning and not sure I wanted to double dip on Denver so early. I "ran" a couple different scenarios in my mind with my next 2 picks and liked them more than if I took JT here. We'll see...

Sweet Love said:
I thought long and hard about taking Thomas and had his name typed in several times but just couldn't pull the trigger. I've always found my drafts more challenging going with QB and TE in 2 of the first 3 picks. Seems like I always ended up chasing RB and WR. Add in I already had Manning and not sure I wanted to double dip on Denver so early. I "ran" a couple different scenarios in my mind with my next 2 picks and liked them more than if I took JT here. We'll see...
I was torn...I notoriously wait on QB and TE in these drafts and have had a lot of success with that model...with that said, it did not hurt that I had both ADP and Calvin in 2012, and Pierre Garcon as my WR3 and Ryan Mathews as my RB3 in 2013. I really considered going with a Vincent Jackson-type (actually a diff WR but he is not off the board as of yet) and leading with three stud WRs (AJ Green and Marshall), but thought it too risky when I would already by chasing my tail on my first QB, RB and TE.

Sweet Love said:
I was torn...I notoriously wait on QB and TE in these drafts and have had a lot of success with that model...with that said, it did not hurt that I had both ADP and Calvin in 2012, and Pierre Garcon as my WR3 and Ryan Mathews as my RB3 in 2013. I really considered going with a Vincent Jackson-type (actually a diff WR but he is not off the board as of yet) and leading with three stud WRs (AJ Green and Marshall), but thought it too risky when I would already by chasing my tail on my first QB, RB and TE.
I do agree with Ref...you got good value with Marshall and JT.

Having a little buyers remorse with JT. One of the good things about the middle of the draft is sometimes value drops to you. It did and I passed (with the added benefit of letting others grab it). The rest of my draft doesn't bode well if I'm already confused.

Sweet Love said:
Gamma1210 said:
Yeah, while I love my WR/WR combo of AJ Green and Marshall, it already is slim pickens in the RB department in regards to workhorse RBs...we're almost into guys that at best are looking at a 60/40 split.
Which is EXACTLY why I decided to get my #2 RB now, rather than wait. It seems this year the RB position is thinner than it ever is. I love my combo of McCoy and Bush. If they can stay healthy, that should be one of the top duos in this league. We are all weak at 1-2 different positions by now, and apparently I will be at WR and TE. However, I feel more comfortable in that those two positions are flush with talent, so filling those won't be nearly as hard.

Bernard/Vereen

DThomas

Witten

Some landmines hopefully averted. Sketchy choices there at the 3/4 turn.

Rene, I like the Harvin pick...if he was there when I picked in the fourth, I was going to go with him to match with Marshall and Green.

Really wanted to go WR here, but Ray Rice at 4.11...gotta roll the dice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really wanted to go WR here, but Ray Rice at 4.11...gotta roll the dice.
I have no idea about Rice and what the grand jury indictment means. His wife was also charged but not indicted. Both of them have stated they don't want to press charges and were eventually married. Can the state decide to press charges against the wishes of them?

I'm sure everything will work out for Rice. But I just know had I drafted him, he'd be sentenced to 5 years.

Almost went Rice on my last pick- even had his name typed out. Had I been more towards the middle pick I might have even pulled the trigger, but just knew the QB1 ranks would be woefully thin before it got back to me.

Doug Martin

Randall Cobb

Percy Harvin

Cam Newton

Not exactly safe picks. But tons of upside here.

Richardson will be an interesting case. I don't know if I would have the stones to take him in a money league, but he really is the last guy left who I thought would be given the majority of carries for his team. I am not betting on him, but management; fact that they need to justify the trade...even if he gets three yards and a cloud of dust, he'll be given 300 opportunities to do so.

Richardson will be an interesting case. I don't know if I would have the stones to take him in a money league, but he really is the last guy left who I thought would be given the majority of carries for his team. I am not betting on him, but management; fact that they need to justify the trade...even if he gets three yards and a cloud of dust, he'll be given 300 opportunities to do so.
I agree, and was actually hoping he might come back around to me. Thought there was at least a chance of that with how far down the whole planet is on him now.

Rivers

Bernard/Vereen/Joique Bell

DThomas

Witten

Some landmines hopefully averted. Sketchy choices there at the 3/4 turn.
Updated. Hated passing on a particular WR here and flirted with waiting till 7.16 for QB1 but didn't have the stones. Still PPR gold at RB here. Gotta get to work on WR now.

Fell pretty lucky to get Torrey Smith so late. WR 31. Romo too considering I am on the end at 15. Thought for sure the QB run would have been bigger.

Hated my options ther ein the 6th. Felt too early for a couple WRs I covet, even though I doubt they come back to me. Felt good at QB and TE for this point, and bad at RB with only Martin on board. Ended up picking Moreno, but can't help second guessing whether I should have simply passed on him and grabbed one of those WRs even if half a round to a round early.

01.14 WR Julio Jones Atlanta Falcons02.03 RB DeMarco Murray Dallas Cowboys03.14 TE Vernon Davis San Francisco 49ers04.03 WR Wes Welker Denver Broncos05.14 RB Steven Jackson Atlanta Falcons06.03 QB Jay Cutler Chicago BearsI like the Jones/Murray start, as I feel I'll get top eight positional production from those two.

Davis was the last of a TE tier, while Welker was a tough call. Not feeling confident about getting 16 games out of him. But I think he'll get a bit of Decker's old targets. I'll feel much better if he sticks with the oversized helmet homage to Mark Kelso.

Jackson seems like value late in the fifth, but he is also a prime candidate for falling off the RB cliff. I hesitated to have two players from the same team so early, but I think the risk was ultimately worth it. I had a group of QBs I liked at this point, so I decided to let Pimpin' and fiddles pick theirs and I'd take what was left. Which was Cutler.

01.14 WR Julio Jones Atlanta Falcons02.03 RB DeMarco Murray Dallas Cowboys03.14 TE Vernon Davis San Francisco 49ers04.03 WR Wes Welker Denver Broncos05.14 RB Steven Jackson Atlanta Falcons06.03 QB Jay Cutler Chicago BearsI like the Jones/Murray start, as I feel I'll get top eight positional production from those two.

Davis was the last of a TE tier, while Welker was a tough call. Not feeling confident about getting 16 games out of him. But I think he'll get a bit of Decker's old targets. I'll feel much better if he sticks with the oversized helmet homage to Mark Kelso.

Jackson seems like value late in the fifth, but he is also a prime candidate for falling off the RB cliff. I hesitated to have two players from the same team so early, but I think the risk was ultimately worth it. I had a group of QBs I liked at this point, so I decided to let Pimpin' and fiddles pick theirs and I'd take what was left. Which was Cutler.
Fantastic start. If they can stay healthy, that looks hard to beat.

Round 6 picks of Dwayne Allen, Justin Blackmon and Marvin Jones all seem way too early.
Allen and Jones - YES

Blackmon - NO - I would have taken him with my next pick if he wasn't snagged. A lot of risk involved, but high reward if he stays clean. Big if, I understand, but I wouldn't mind having him as my #3 or #4 WR.

Round 6 picks of Dwayne Allen, Justin Blackmon and Marvin Jones all seem way too early.
:goodposting:

There were easily a dozen guys left on the board I'd rather have had than any of the three.

The Blackmon love in all of these leagues just baffles me. 6.08 is only about one round later than he went on average in the PDSLs last year. You know, before the whole "indefinite suspension from the NFL" thing. Yes, he's a Pro Bowl talent, and yes, he's a potential game-changer. He's also a documented headcase with a serious addiction, who I would wager is more likely to put up a zero in 2014 than to make the Pro Bowl. Eleventh or 12th round? Sure. But that just doesn't fit the profile of a guy I want to take a swing at before I've even filled out a starting lineup.

Allen and Jones - YES

Blackmon - NO - I would have taken him with my next pick if he wasn't snagged. A lot of risk involved, but high reward if he stays clean. Big if, I understand, but I wouldn't mind having him as my #3 or #4 WR.
Don't understand it. Dude was suspended for 4 games last year. Now it's indefinite. Nobody knows if/when he's going to be reinstated. No way he's back for the 1st game. IMO the earliest would be a year suspension making him eligible for Week 9. Wasting a 6th rounder for someone with a probably best case scenario is half a season is absurd.

Might have been a little early for Jones, but I needed a wr and I really like him this year.

If there is a wr available that either of you like more than Jones then bring it; we can put $5 on it :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread