What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it time to pick up Kevin Minter? (1 Viewer)

Yes, but I don't think Minter owners are willing to trade him cheaply now that his road to a starting gig seems open. However if you can find him as a free agent...

I picked him up in a few leagues as an FA and had him thrown in as a trade addition in a couple of others. glad I did

[SIZE=14pt]Hearing the Cardinals are considering holding ILB Kevin Minter out for the remainder of the preseason. He’s dealing a pectoral muscle issue that sidelined him last week in practice, and missed the Vikings game on Saturday. Minter played in just five defensive snaps in the first preseason game vs. Texans.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The process is to let the muscle heal for the next three weeks before the opener on Monday September 8[/SIZE]th[SIZE=14pt]; it could be partial pectoral where rehab is the best solution. If it doesn’t show improvement during the extended time period, the last option would be to have surgery at some point.[/SIZE]

Read more: http://www.foxsports910.com/onair/mike-jurecki-9574/the-latest-with-ilb-kevin-minter-12679488/#ixzz3AlhLIK7D

http://www.foxsports910.com/onair/mike-jurecki-9574/the-latest-with-ilb-kevin-minter-12679488/

[SIZE=14pt]Hearing the Cardinals are considering holding ILB Kevin Minter out for the remainder of the preseason. He’s dealing a pectoral muscle issue that sidelined him last week in practice, and missed the Vikings game on Saturday. Minter played in just five defensive snaps in the first preseason game vs. Texans.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The process is to let the muscle heal for the next three weeks before the opener on Monday September 8[/SIZE]th[SIZE=14pt]; it could be partial pectoral where rehab is the best solution. If it doesn’t show improvement during the extended time period, the last option would be to have surgery at some point.[/SIZE]

Read more: http://www.foxsports910.com/onair/mike-jurecki-9574/the-latest-with-ilb-kevin-minter-12679488/#ixzz3AlhLIK7D

http://www.foxsports910.com/onair/mike-jurecki-9574/the-latest-with-ilb-kevin-minter-12679488/
Well that does it for me. I'm going to have to back him up several rounds of my original value. Pectoral issues seem like the #1 killer of linebackers.

He is hovering near my waiver wire now. If this is a lingering injury IR looks a real possibility.

Cant see the Cards not going for more LB options in FA and draft next year.

If I could sell I think I would right now.

I don't know much about Minter expect the hype about him last yr, is this is 1st injury? And we don't even have much info about it, its not a full tear or he'd be done for the yr. I can't even consider dropping him because if he does play hes got a great opp in front of him. If you can him as a LB4 its crazy not too.

What about Larry Foote? I know he old but is he gonna be a 3 down ILB? No one is really talking about him. Dansby and Washington put up nice stats on the inside in past years and now Minter is hurt. Someone has to get the stats

I'm considering dropping Minter for Collins because of the injury. I also think Collins has a better shot at long term value.

Last edited by a moderator:
so, I was just doing my little snaps thread and noticed this guy only got ~40% of the snaps, with apparently bucannon subbing in the other 60%

fyi

Yeah I was just about to comment on this. Do you think this will be the norm? If so I'll have to get on someone with a higher snap count

well, I expect we'll be getting commentary on this in the podcast, or wherever, but my half-assed opinion would be that sd rolls out 2 receiving te maybe 30-40% of the game, gates is in their 85% of the snaps, and neither foote nor minter can probably cover worth a frick, so maybe part of it was specific game planning for the te threats.

that doesn't really bode well for minter, though

well, I expect we'll be getting commentary on this in the podcast, or wherever, but my half-assed opinion would be that sd rolls out 2 receiving te maybe 30-40% of the game, gates is in their 85% of the snaps, and neither foote nor minter can probably cover worth a frick, so maybe part of it was specific game planning for the te threats.

that doesn't really bode well for minter, though
Foote played 3 downs and was all over the place, hes the pickup here not Minter.

I can't remember where I heard this or read it. But, SD went with a hurry up offense for a good part of the game. It made it difficult to get Minter in the game for more snaps. Oddly, I would have thought having an inexperienced MLB stuck on the field would be a better way to go.

I'm still in a holding pattern on Minter.

I can't remember where I heard this or read it. But, SD went with a hurry up offense for a good part of the game. It made it difficult to get Minter in the game for more snaps. Oddly, I would have thought having an inexperienced MLB stuck on the field would be a better way to go.

I'm still in a holding pattern on Minter.
that's a pretty good tidbit.

I'd guess once they got them in the lighter 3 safety package they went no huddle and ran the ball

the te transform from receivers to blockers

Foote played about five years younger Monday night. Short term, not good for Minter, but long term? No way Foote keeps this up. Shallow bench has to send him packing, but deep league's? Hold steady, just don't start him anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread