What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Easter Beef Tenderloin (1 Viewer)

Parrothead

Footballguy
We are sick of ham, anf last year I made a lamb crown roast, so this year we decided on making a nice beef tenderloin roast for Easter with the family.. I went to COSTCO and found a beautiful 6 pound tenderloin ($116!!!!)..

Now, I plan on oven roasting at 350 for about 2-2.5 hours (want it to be a gorgeous medium rare).. will coat with EV olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper... maybe a rub?

Anyway, with a cut this nice, I want this to be a memorable event.. what can I do to make this "stand out"? I don't want to overpower the beef with any fancy marinades or anything- but any FBG chefs have any tips on cooking tenderloin?

I will be drunk too, so nothing to complicated :cool:

Thanks!

Instead of cooking at 350, cook it at 250 and roast it for 55 minutes per pound for medium-rare (135-140 internal temperature; 145 for medium).

When done, transfer it to a carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil and let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will increase 10 degrees to reach desired doneness and roast will be easier to carve.)

It's critical to let it sit so the juices can stop raging around through the meat. Trust me on this.

Let the meat be the thing they remember, not some fancy sauce.

We are sick of ham, anf last year I made a lamb crown roast, so this year we decided on making a nice beef tenderloin roast for Easter with the family.. I went to COSTCO and found a beautiful 6 pound tenderloin ($116!!!!)..

Now, I plan on oven roasting at 350 for about 2-2.5 hours (want it to be a gorgeous medium rare).. will coat with EV olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper... maybe a rub?

Anyway, with a cut this nice, I want this to be a memorable event.. what can I do to make this "stand out"? I don't want to overpower the beef with any fancy marinades or anything- but any FBG chefs have any tips on cooking tenderloin?

Thanks!
No rubs or marinade, and I would brown the surface on all sides before cooking. Open the windows, turn the fans on and the smoke alarms off, and sear it on high heat for about 1- 2 min until it's got a good dark crust, then proceed as you planned. Cook to temp and give it a good rest before slicing.

I was taught this recipe 25 years ago by an Italian chef and have been using it in clubs and restaurants to rave reviews ever since. Mix olive oil, chopped garlic, fresh chopped basil, cracked black pepper, a little(1T) Worcestershire sauce and juice of one lemon. Coat tenderloin and let it sit at least over night. Roast at 300, use meat thermometer and pull around 125-130 degrees in the fat end. As noted above the most important thing to do is let it sit for 15 minutes before carving. The tail end will be more done for those who like it that way.

Thanks!
Wrap that thing entirely in bacon. Like a smoked sugar cured bacon, not some crap bacon.

Users who are viewing this thread