What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is there any new FF Auction Software on the web (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
#1, I like FantasyAuctioner... but both yrs my league has used it; we had problems. Many owners complain that they didn't get a bid in or the "+1 Button" didn't work; and for the $$, I really wasn't complain.

I went on the website today and saw that they have jacked up to $44.99... thats getting expensive.

I see ESPN is starting a new Free Auction, I can't wait to try that

Anyone got anything else

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone use Auction software this time of year? ESPN closed down until mid-summer I presume...
MFL 2012 leagues are live already, and they support live online auctions. Here is a thread I did last year with comments on the interface and suggestions to avoid issues. It was in beta last year, hopefully they've worked out some of those kinks.

I guess no one else does live Auction Drafts
When you say "live" do you mean with everyone online at the same time or with everyone physically in the same place? I can't help with the former but know a little something about the latter.
I do a live (physically present) auction, but I need some helpful ideas. What usually happens is that I'm the only one using a laptop to keep track of everyones money, making sure owners stay within their allotted amounts. Towards the end of the auction when I'm ready to scarf up some cheap sleepers, people start hovering over me and my computer and I end up being outbid or missing players altogether. Any ideas on making the auction go more smoothly (for me at least)?

We make several owners keep track of funds and every few rounds do a money check. The owner calls out how much cap he has left and the money police agree or if need be investigate what happened. No one gets to look at my cheat sheets. One owner usually brings a FF mag and crosses off names as we go. If someone cant come up with a name we throw out the top three on the list and let them pick.

We make several owners keep track of funds and every few rounds do a money check. The owner calls out how much cap he has left and the money police agree or if need be investigate what happened. No one gets to look at my cheat sheets. One owner usually brings a FF mag and crosses off names as we go. If someone cant come up with a name we throw out the top three on the list and let them pick.
I give out sheets for owners that basically do everything for them and all they need to do is add their money and subtract, but many of them continue to get confused towards the end. I like the money police idea. Maybe I'll have police call out random inspections and if people have the wrong amounts they will be required to "sit in jail" for the next player or something...

I guess no one else does live Auction Drafts
When you say "live" do you mean with everyone online at the same time or with everyone physically in the same place? I can't help with the former but know a little something about the latter.
I do a live (physically present) auction, but I need some helpful ideas. What usually happens is that I'm the only one using a laptop to keep track of everyones money, making sure owners stay within their allotted amounts. Towards the end of the auction when I'm ready to scarf up some cheap sleepers, people start hovering over me and my computer and I end up being outbid or missing players altogether. Any ideas on making the auction go more smoothly (for me at least)?
Have 1 computer displaying to a projector with a list of players taken and how much cap room teams have left. As each player is awarded, the winning owner goes up to the computer and puts in the winning bid to update available cap room, and transfers the player to his team. You could use your normal league site, Draft Dominator or even just Excel.

I give out sheets for owners that basically do everything for them and all they need to do is add their money and subtract, but many of them continue to get confused towards the end. I like the money police idea. Maybe I'll have police call out random inspections and if people have the wrong amounts they will be required to "sit in jail" for the next player or something...
Do it like turnip says, after an owner buys a player have him an announce his remaining funds and high bid. You back him up with your excel.The best option is kinda pricey. We had four leagues go in on it to make it feasible. But it really works.

Users who are viewing this thread