What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Work" buzzwords I HATE (1 Viewer)

tandl71

Footballguy
I just heard someone use "Lean Sigma Six", "Big Data", and "Cloud" in the same sentence, and I want to put my foot through his office window.

apples to apples

appetite - I don't know if marketing is going to have the appetite to take on additional expenses.

download - Did Jim give you the download on the financial planning meeting?

out of pocket

tandl71 said:
I just heard someone use "Lean Sigma Six", "Big Data", and "Cloud" in the same sentence, and I want to put my foot through his office window.
But isn't Lean Six Sigma and actual thing? Not sure how you can not say that if that's what you are talking about.

End of day
For my office its "close of business" or worse, C.O.B. "We need this done by C.O.B."

Of course, C.O.B. really means "stay until its done". Last Thursday that was 3:00 am.
This. 1000x...This.

COB = We don't care if you had plans...we don't care if you're sick....we don't care if there's 3 other people who ALSO need something COB. Get this done before I log back on in the AM.

We don't use these words where I work because we aren't dooshbags... but I always get a chuckle overhearing this sort of nonsense from the shirt and tie crowd at lunch.

End of day
For my office its "close of business" or worse, C.O.B. "We need this done by C.O.B."

Of course, C.O.B. really means "stay until its done". Last Thursday that was 3:00 am.
If that was the case, i'd just commit to EOD for the next day.
I'd start pronouncing things like C.O.B and E.O.D as acronyms.

"I need that by cob."

"By what?"

"Cob"

"Not sure I know what you mean."

"COB...close of business. Same as Eeodd."

Users who are viewing this thread