What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Some posters I have on ignore (1 Viewer)

flapgreen

Footballguy
I'm sure it was because they're were all being jerks or just annoying, but there's quite a few that I have no recollection of putting on ignore. Of course, it's easy to remember the reason for most. :confused:

eta: please don't give any names

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure it was because they're were all being jerks or just annoying, but there's quite a few that I have no recollection of putting on ignore. Of course, it's easy to remember the reason for most. :confused:
care to share who?

*note: someone please quote this reply as I might be on flapgreen's list. TIA

care to share who?

*note: someone please quote this reply as I might be on flapgreen's list. TIA
:lmao: NahLet's keep the names out or this thread will get axed quickly

No one on ignore. I find that even people I vehemently disagree with on most subjects occasionally say something that interests me.

i had one person on ignore a while back.(thought they were a big tool in the FFA) However, i had to take them off becuase they were always posting in Jets thread in the pool and i couldnt follow along with them on ignore.

I have about 8 posters on ignore. I do it because I don't pay attention to users names when I'm reading through a thread. I found that I was always wasting my time with a few members posts. Either they never brought any substance to the discussion or they were so narrow minded I couldn't take it any more. Ignoring them solved the problem. I just put someone else on yesterday.

I had one poster on ignore cuz he was just being a huge tool. But he's actually not been as toolish anymore and I respect his sports opinions so I unignored him.

The only folks I have on ignore are ones who have attacked or ridiculed me in a personal way, or the guys that seem to just follow me into every Christianity thread just to make stupid/sarcastic remarks. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with my posts or even calling my ideas ridiculous. It's when they start taking personal shots at me that the ignore feature comes in handy.

The only folks I have on ignore are ones who have attacked or ridiculed me in a personal way, or the guys that seem to just follow me into every Christianity thread just to make stupid/sarcastic remarks. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with my posts or even calling my ideas ridiculous. It's when they start taking personal shots at me that the ignore feature comes in handy.
Must be a fairly long list.

Not really. Only a few. A lot of people here disagree with me. Fortunately only a handful are complete jerks about it.

NCCommish said:
No one on ignore. I find that even people I vehemently disagree with on most subjects occasionally say something that interests me.
That sounds like a challenge! :unsure:

tamales said:
I had one poster on ignore cuz he was just being a huge tool. But he's actually not been as toolish anymore and I respect his sports opinions so I unignored him.
:bs: If you had them on ignore then how did you know they were not being as toolish afterwards?

So is it an honor or dishonor to be on an ignore list???
If you are someone who enjoys causing trouble and being a pest, it would be an honor.To everyone else, a dishonor.
Trouble is in the eye of the beholder. Some folks are just way too sensitive and care a little too much IMO.
Trouble is in the eye of the beholder, but whether you get enjoyment out of having caused it is all your own. I can say something that causes another person any amount of unpleasantness without feeling happy that was the result.

So is it an honor or dishonor to be on an ignore list???
If you are someone who enjoys causing trouble and being a pest, it would be an honor.To everyone else, a dishonor.
Trouble is in the eye of the beholder. Some folks are just way too sensitive and care a little too much IMO.
Trouble is in the eye of the beholder, but whether you get enjoyment out of having caused it is all your own. I can say something that causes another person any amount of unpleasantness without feeling happy that was the result.
If FBG's placed people on ignore just because it caused them some unpleasantness, then the board would be pretty much non-existent. And I do agree that some posters would get some enjoyment of being on an ignore list -- they received some kind of attention, even if it was "bad." On the other hand, I see campaigns all of the time to ignore certain posters. For example, I've seen so many signatures of the LHUCKS movement. Do they get an enjoyment from getting a particular poster ignored by a large amt of posters? It doesn't make any sense to me. It's an effort to silence an individual which to me, seems very undemocratic.

I see campaigns all of the time to ignore certain posters. For example, I've seen so many signatures of the LHUCKS movement. Do they get an enjoyment from getting a particular poster ignored by a large amt of posters? It doesn't make any sense to me. It's an effort to silence an individual which to me, seems very undemocratic.
Yes, why do these people hate America?

I've only got one person on ignore and I never thought I'd use it. And that's because he was being such a tool about the Patriots that it was actually taking away my enjoyment of certain threads. Unfortunately we can still see what they say in a reply. From what I've seen, I made the right choice.

...And I do agree that some posters would get some enjoyment of being on an ignore list -- they received some kind of attention, even if it was "bad." On the other hand, I see campaigns all of the time to ignore certain posters. For example, I've seen so many signatures of the LHUCKS movement. Do they get an enjoyment from getting a particular poster ignored by a large amt of posters? It doesn't make any sense to me. It's an effort to silence an individual which to me, seems very undemocratic.
We're going far afield here. But in this specific case you bring up, well, some may advocate an LHUCKS ignore list for their enjoyment. There's always a few who enjoy causing trouble in any crowd.But I imagine at had more to do with them feeling annoyance that, in their view, LHUCKS has ruined so many threads, including probably a large percentage of college sports threads. The only way to stop that would be for LHUCKS to stop intentionally pushing buttons (whether on his own or through mod action), or for everyone else to stop rising to the bait. Since the former wasn't happening, those people were advocating people do the latter with the ignore list as an easy way to completely avoid seeing the bait.So, I don't think that specific example was about enjoying seeing him ignore listed (even if there was an element that might be satisfying after the annoyance they felt), so much as being tired of what was resulting from his actions on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
:whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread