What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone have IDP Dynasty rankings? (1 Viewer)

Bronx Bomber

Footballguy
I just joined a 16 team Dynasty startup with full IDP 45 man roster. Anyone have any IDP rankings for Dynasty? I printed out Gene's last few Reading the Defense articles were he gives his early rankings. Will I be good if I just go with these? I've never played in an IDP league so this is all new to me. From what I gather it is a very performance based scoring system. Any suggestions on draft strategy, which positions to take first, etc will be appreciated. I'm looking through the warehouse article's, but any other current advice would be great. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You can usually find stuff from the start of this year(2011) out there.

I would like the users of this IDP forum to maybe send in top 25 at each position(DL, LB, DB) for redraft or dynasty rankings 2012.

Then, take the average of those lists and come up with a rankings we can all share here. Keep it updated around draft time, and then again at camp time and FFL draft times. A running/constant changing list.

To get it started, does Patrick Willis remain the #1 LB?

The rankings are rough but it's somewhat of a comprehensive list with 2011 tackle / sacks stats, age at beginning of 2012 season & contract status.

IDP Ranks

I would like the users of this IDP forum to maybe send in top 25 at each position(DL, LB, DB) for redraft or dynasty rankings 2012.

Then, take the average of those lists and come up with a rankings we can all share here. Keep it updated around draft time, and then again at camp time and FFL draft times. A running/constant changing list.

Is he even the #1 LB on his team? :unsure:

First off, YES Willis is first on his team. Second, yeah, he's probably #1 overall still but it's not by any kind of wide margin. To answer the question of what to focus on, that's easy I think everyone would agree. It's all about the MLBs that are tackle freaks. Willis is certainly there. There are several players that fit in here though. After that, it depends on scoring system. Solo tackle heavy? Assist heavy? Or is it big play heavy? Things change drastically if the league scores things a certain way over another. But one thing always sticks as far as the general top dogs in IDP. MLBs that make lots of tackles are golden. Big play heavy shifts things more in favor of the DEs that come up with tons of sacks and especially if they force fumbles on top of it. Then it's your in the box safeties that play almost like an extra LB. Doesn't even matter if they're actually good NFL players or not. It's schematics at that point. Figure out how your league scores. Then analyze NFL defenses and you're good to go as long as you've done your homework. You're especially good to go if the other owners just know their basics if even that when it comes to IDP.

Thanks for the rankings Whitney

Some players you have overrated or underrated

7. JJ Watt. I know he had a really nice season and is a good player but I dont want a 3-4 guy. I know Justin smith has had a good career and is top 3-4 guy that you could have but still not too many top 7 seasons. I would rather have Robert Quinn myself if going young. But if you want consistency instead of the Jared Allen type of season, than go Watt

13. Jason Babin. 33 years old. I know a ton of sacks the last 2 years but age is not in his favor and not someone I want to get unless I make sure I got a young guy. I think next year Brandon Graham might cut into his numbers somewhat and this is not what I want if I am getting my top DE. 1 or maybe 2 years and still not necessarily going to happen

19. Lawrence Jackson. I assume to think he might replace Avril/Vandy in Detroit. The guy has been talked about before and really has not been what some have believed he would be. I rather have Willie Young over him in the end. I think they franchise Avril and than it is still too much by committee for my liking as a top #2 DE

Oak guys. You have 3 in your top 25. That makes them all startable. Well not often do you get enough numbers for all of them to be startable. And than all the talk of going to a 3-4 also will hurt them. Someone else can have them if I am drafting one it is probably just Houston

Guys should be higher

15. Robert Quinn. You see where JPP is now. This kid I think will be the next JPP and in a year from now, you wish you had him on your roster. Dont let him slip as you have him for many years

22. Derrick Morgan. I know has been hurt by injury but is the 10th overall pick and Tennessee DE have produced good numbers in the past. Kearse/Babin etc. I still think he can overcome the injury and will be a force. Played much better the last few games of the season and come next year, might be his breakout year. Only entering year 3 now. There certainly is a few guys ahead of him I would not take before hand

29. Julius Peppers. Umm I can have him here or an older Babin at 13. Dont count him out yet and he makes a nice pickup at this point to pair with a young guy you grabbed earlier like a Morgan or Quinn. One of the most talented guys in the league and the Bears will improve somewhat after a dwon year. I bet he was top 5 last year

46. Cameron Jordan. NIce situation and good talent. He was a 1st round pick. I know it took till week 17 to get a sack but this kid has talent and is going to improve. He has Justin Smith written all over him in the end. Someone I want at this price.

ILB

Overrated

Sean Lee. I know he was on fire at beginning of the year but 4th overall seems way too high for him here. He is way too inconsistent for me to take him this high and I still think Bruce Carter could be a star if he can get healthy. Bradie James I read somewhere is no longer even in the equation. Dont get caught up in his early season as the later part is what is more to expect

7. Donald Butler. I know your predicting future here but he did not take the bull by the horns like he should have this year. ILB for SD has not been all that great over the years. Another 3-4 guy and I rather the 4-3 MLB instead and a few of those behind him.

11. Pat Angerer. I dont think talented and more a player in a nice situation as MLB. But he could be replaced at anytime is the problem. If he is the starter than your good but I would always be worried when each draft comes up

37, Larry Grant. This guy does suck. He got in because of injury and top 37 makes him a starter(IN my 16 team leagues puts him as your /3 guy). He is a backup player period and wont get a starting job anywhere anytime soon. Give me a Rudd, Urlacher, Henderson, Vilma, Stevenson, McClain, Sturdivant that is behind him

UNderrated

13-16. All 3 of these guys I love in Poz, Johnson and McCarthy. I like them over half of the guys above. McCarthy I think is better than Angerer and in just a good a situaation. The other 2 are not even that old yet and are just guys that do it all. Poz is a tackle machine and Derrick might be one of the best all around LB`s in the league. He tackles, he sacks, he picks. fantasy machine Beason. He was out with injury and that is a concern. But Carolina LB scores so well as James Anderson has done for 2 years now. This is normally Beason and

19. Lawrence Timmons. Wow. If I can get him here, I would be estatic. He got moved to OLB alot last year that hurt him. But with Worilds coming on, he should be inside with Stevenson next year and he will be the guy again. He was top 5 last year and is not even old.

27. Bruce Carter. I think he is the Dallas inside guy to have. Now he does come with injury concerns but this kid is as talented as they come. I would be buying if he can come this cheap.

OLB. Is Mayo really considered an OLB.

Too high

4. James Anderson. He is really not that good and replaceable in a hurry there. He is getting numbers because of injuries. If Davis comes back next year(And I know tough with 2 major operations but still did Dqwell) than this will bite into his numbers as well Beason back. At 29, I will pass and grab Jordan Senn as a flyer later

5. KJ Wright. I own him in a league and this would be great but what has he proven. Unless Hawthorne moves on as FA and they dont draft from a good looking LB class, than maybe. But to take a chance at the 5th best would be pretty crazy with all the value later

9. Deandre Levy. Another mediocre talent that could be replaced in draft or Free Agency. I want nothing to do with this guys in a dynasty startup unless taking them as backups.

Underranked

10. Demarcus Ware. I know he has age on his side compared to Ayers, Miller and Smith but He has years left in him and you know he probably leads LB in sacks. Do you want to win now or later with one of the others

28. Clay Matthews. This one is downright wrong. He should be rated ahead of Ayers and Smith for sure and a year ago was probably top 3. He still has the tools and I would love to trade KJ Wright for him in my league. I am sure I get laughed at. He is about 5

29. Connor Barwin. I dont think this year was a blip on screen. This kid is super talented and better than alot in front of him. HIs 2nd half of season is what to expect. Give me him over Mario for fun.

34 Aaron Curry. I loved the move to Oakland and thought he got better. Now moving to a 3-4 might hurt him but still think he has some talent and at this point is good value likie Worilds, Woodley, Schofield who I like better than alot of the guys from 15 to 28 range

Okay I wont do CB or DT. IN the end who cares. Maybe Suh might be draftable early but give me my LB and DE first and than probably S. CB I can pickup the worst. Peterson is the top guy and he should be but in a year or 2 he will be Revis or Champ. Just play FA each year and pickup the newest target of opposing teams. Dont bother drafting one early

S. I dont have too much issue with these rankings overall. I am not a big Tyvaon Brnach fan and think talent again. Bethea is okay but should not be the leader but dont blame anyone for taking them this high

Overated

13. George Wilson. I know he produces good numbers but at 31, he is so replaceable and has been in and out of starting lineup his entire career. Not some you can depend on

17. Bernard Pollard. When you get cut so many times, there is obviously an issue. He puts up good numbers but can you really rely on this guy to have a job come next week

Underrated

20. Roman Harper. Put in sacks and INt for your DB. This guy is a machine and for his age give me him over Rhodes, Wilson, and Landry for fun. If you not worried about age, draft and enjoy the big play if your a big play league.

27 - 31. These 5 guys I would be glad to go with any pair as myS and like them over quite a few guys ahead of them

41 Nate Allen. Now I would not put him top 20 but there still is a chance. More a little developmental but if you pair him with 50 NIck Collins who is a good fantasy producer who you have down because of injury you might have a top 15 guy for now and down the road.

so if a 100% healthy Willis is on the board next year, and its ur pick and you really want a LB, you pass on him cause Bowman had a good year?

Its a question, not a statement. I dont know who I would take and feel better about it. Esp since we start a 3 year keeper cycle next year.

Willis was the #1 lber before he got hurt. Given his body of work, hes still a tier among himself. Guys come and go yet his name is still at the top.

Willis was the #1 lber before he got hurt. Given his body of work, hes still a tier among himself. Guys come and go yet his name is still at the top.
Finally, someone with a brain. Thank you and well said. Willis truly is in his own tier both as an NFL LB and as a DYNASTY FF LB. I don't even own him but I certainly wish I did.

The rankings are rough but it's somewhat of a comprehensive list with 2011 tackle / sacks stats, age at beginning of 2012 season & contract status.

IDP Ranks
That is extremely useful but it seems like there are several players missing (I.E. Troy Polamalu)Will this be updated anytime soon or does anyone have anything else like this? I *love* this information in excel spreadsheets like this that I can download and manipulate as I need to.

Thanks!

IDP Ranks
That is extremely useful but it seems like there are several players missing (I.E. Troy Polamalu)Will this be updated anytime soon or does anyone have anything else like this? I *love* this information in excel spreadsheets like this that I can download and manipulate as I need to.

Thanks!
I know their rough, but it's what I use for my dynasty leagues. It's a lot of data to keep up so it's a time consuming work in progress. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to say it's "finished." I've only been playing a couple of years, and I typically focus on the dynasty part of it. Some of the older guys have been left out. Since I created another section in the rankings (i.e. "Rentals" and "Depth Chart") I need to include these guys. If you see someone I need to add, give me a heads up. I've tried to structure the rankings like a depth chart.As you can see from the spreadsheet, there are several tabs across the top of the page. Each offer different data. The rankings are still rough. However, I'm obviously higher on some guys than a lot of others. If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know. I've got a lot to do witht he rookies.

https://docs.google....dSaVI0dVE&gid=3

Didn't realize that was all your work. Thanks so much it has been a VERY valuable resource. Anyone I notice missing I'll be sure to let you know. I'm happy to help in anyway I can. You already did most of the heavy lifting!

Users who are viewing this thread