What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Trivia Game (1 Viewer)

SSOG

These stats are from the last 16 games each receiver played in (regular season and playoffs). Yardage and TDs reflects total offensive yardage and all TDs scored (passing, rushing, receiving, returning, fumble recovery). Why? Because it's my thread, and that's what my leagues give points for. Also, for one of the guys, I cheated a little and pro-rated to 16 because there weren't yet 16 games in the sample to go on. For the other eight, there's no tomfoolery, I promise. Player A - 112/1496/12Player B - 92/1351/10Player C - 86/1315/10Player D - 97/1398/11Player E - 92/1382/12Player F - 72/1384/8Player G - 79/1156/16Player H - 100/1371/12Player I - 118/1506/11F and G should be pretty easy to guess, and the huge catch totals should mean A and I don't last long, either, but I'm really curious how anyone's going to sort out players B, C, D, E, and H without cheating. All have yardage in the 1300s and TDs in the low double-digits.Edit: adding another couple. Both are based on smaller samples pro-rated to 16 games. Player J - 87/1458/9Player K - 83/1338/10

Last edited by a moderator:
These stats are from the last 16 games each receiver played in (regular season and playoffs). Yardage and TDs reflects total offensive yardage and all TDs scored (passing, rushing, receiving, returning, fumble recovery). Why? Because it's my thread, and that's what my leagues give points for. Also, for one of the guys, I cheated a little and pro-rated to 16 because there weren't yet 16 games in the sample to go on. For the other eight, there's no tomfoolery, I promise. Player A - 112/1496/12Player B - 92/1351/10Player C - 86/1315/10Player D - 97/1398/11Player E - 92/1382/12Player F - 72/1384/8Player G - 79/1156/16Player H - 100/1371/12Player I - 118/1506/11F and G should be pretty easy to guess, and the huge catch totals should mean A and I don't last long, either, but I'm really curious how anyone's going to sort out players B, C, D, E, and H without cheating. All have yardage in the 1300s and TDs in the low double-digits.Edit: adding another couple. Both are based on smaller samples pro-rated to 16 games. Player J - 87/1458/9Player K - 83/1338/10
A & I are Marshall and Harvin in some order. One of B,C,E is Julio, after some good playoff games bump his stats. But IIRC, he had a good week 1 and didn't sit out a game. Gonna guess C.

A & I are Marshall and Harvin in some order. One of B,C,E is Julio, after some good playoff games bump his stats. But IIRC, he had a good week 1 and didn't sit out a game. Gonna guess C.
A is Harvin, I is Marshall. Also, you guessed right- Julio is C.

The other easy ones are F-Vjax and G-James Jones?
Yes to VJax. No to Jones- he has 66/842/14 over his last 16. And when I type it out, that TD number sticks out like even more of a sore thumb. Yikes.Edit:A- HarvinB- DemaryiusC- JulioD- GreenE- DezF- VJaxG- GronkH- Crabtree in Kaep's starts (pro-rated)I- MarshallJ- K- Cecil Shorts w/ Henne (pro-rated)

I'm guessing Shorts is on this list. His YPC was pretty high so I'm guessing F or K. I believe Roddy is in there as well, B or H looks about right for him.

I owned A.J. Green in a couple leagues and specifically remember his 11 TDs, so he almost has to be D.I think Demaryius Thomas is one of these guys and I don't remember him having 100 catches - but as between B and E I've got no clue.

Here's are two kinda ridiculous ones, and sorry if I'm stepping on SSOG's toes by posting another one...but this is a "last 8 games prorated over a full 16"....and they are pretty easy when you look at the TD numbers148/2,394/8and100/1,758/20

Jimmy Graham has to be one of the remaining ones, he only played 15 games this year, but he last post season game in 2011 was ridiculous (5/103/2).Aaron Hernandez is likely another when you count up his last 16 games which includes post season games in the 2012 and 2011 seasons, as well as regular season games in 2012 and his final 1 or 2 from 2011.

Here's are two kinda ridiculous ones, and sorry if I'm stepping on SSOG's toes by posting another one...but this is a "last 8 games prorated over a full 16"....and they are pretty easy when you look at the TD numbers148/2,394/8and100/1,758/20
I tried to avoid pro-rating, but made a couple of exceptions when there was a significant change that made the full 16 game sample less relevant (such as a QB change from Smith to Kaepernick). The second guy is on my list, but I used his full 16 games rather than just pro-rating 8.
Jimmy Graham has to be one of the remaining ones, he only played 15 games this year, but he last post season game in 2011 was ridiculous (5/103/2).Aaron Hernandez is likely another when you count up his last 16 games which includes post season games in the 2012 and 2011 seasons, as well as regular season games in 2012 and his final 1 or 2 from 2011.
Graham has 90/1085/11 over his last 16. Hernandez has 92/1072/8. Of the remaining 3, one is a guy who has already been mentioned, one is a guy you gave pro-rated numbers for, and the third has been way off the radar so far.

I don't believe its him, because the yardage numbers are a touch lower than I remember, but for B, I had immediately thought of Jordy Nelson. However, I'm imagining that you probably took the two games that he got injured in the first quarter and counted them for him.If you prorate Nelson for the games in which he didn't get injured early, he was at something similar to 92-1225-11.Edit: I actually see that this was "last 16" and not "this year prorated". Nelson might actually be in there, he finished 2011 pretty strong.

'jonboltz said:
I don't believe its him, because the yardage numbers are a touch lower than I remember, but for B, I had immediately thought of Jordy Nelson. However, I'm imagining that you probably took the two games that he got injured in the first quarter and counted them for him.If you prorate Nelson for the games in which he didn't get injured early, he was at something similar to 92-1225-11.Edit: I actually see that this was "last 16" and not "this year prorated". Nelson might actually be in there, he finished 2011 pretty strong.
Nelson has 69/1043/10 in his last 16. Also, worth noting that I did count every game a player played in, even if they left early due to injury. Without this, Gronk (0/0/0 vs. Houston in the playoffs) and Harvin (2 receptions, 4 rushes, 34 yards against the Seahawks) would look even more impressive.

'jonboltz said:
Nelson has 69/1043/10 in his last 16. Also, worth noting that I did count every game a player played in, even if they left early due to injury. Without this, Gronk (0/0/0 vs. Houston in the playoffs) and Harvin (2 receptions, 4 rushes, 34 yards against the Seahawks) would look even more impressive.
Good info. If you took those injuries out, he'd be at: 76-1177-12; he really did not play exceptionally well in either the 2011/12 playoffs, and those three games drug him down a lot.

Only B and J left. B is a guy who has already been mentioned in the thread, J is a guy whose stats over a certain sample have been pro-rated.

D. Thomas should be B. I think he ended the year with 10 TDs but also scored one in the playoff game.
Yup. J is the only guy left. If it helps, his crazy numbers are greatly aided by one absolutely monster game magnified by the power of pro-rating.

D. Thomas should be B. I think he ended the year with 10 TDs but also scored one in the playoff game.
Yup. J is the only guy left. If it helps, his crazy numbers are greatly aided by one absolutely monster game magnified by the power of pro-rating.
Was going to guess Garcon, but I guess that's wrong. Curious if you ran his numbers though.
959/6 in his last 16, 1012/6 if you pro-rate his Washington numbers. He's hurt by leaving games to injury, but even accounting for that, he's nowhere near the rest of the guys.
Must be Amendola.
About 1000/5 if you pro-rate this year, 849/3 in his last 16.

One monster game-off the top of head: Andre J or Blackmon?ETA: Reading the Dynasty Rankings thread, I guess all these guys are under 30. I'll go Blackmon. I remember some huge 250 yard game.

One monster game-off the top of head: Andre J or Blackmon?ETA: Reading the Dynasty Rankings thread, I guess all these guys are under 30. I'll go Blackmon. I remember some huge 250 yard game.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Player J is Blackmon in games where Henne played. Standard "small sample size" caveats apply (especially with Blackmon, who had 200+ in one game), but it's pretty insane to see what Shorts and Blackmon did with Henne under center.

pretty insane to see what Shorts and Blackmon did with Henne under center.
Worth noting again that as a starter Shorts played with Gabbert at QB Weeks 7-10 and Henne 11-16 (missing one week):Gabbert (4 games): 21-356-2Henne (5 games): 26-418-3That's about as QB proof as it gets IMO.

pretty insane to see what Shorts and Blackmon did with Henne under center.
Worth noting again that as a starter Shorts played with Gabbert at QB Weeks 7-10 and Henne 11-16 (missing one week):Gabbert (4 games): 21-356-2Henne (5 games): 26-418-3That's about as QB proof as it gets IMO.
Understood. I deliberately picked the "when Henne played" sample, though, to line up with the Blackmon sample. Just to highlight how absurd those pace stats really are. They were basically Fitz/Boldin with Warner under center down the stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread