What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peter Jackson to make The Hobbit (1 Viewer)

When there's this much potential profit involved, people can't stay mad at each other for long.

2 films though? I might prefer one 3.5 hour film to 2 whole films.

Two Films for the one book? Wow, that is gonna be an involving storyline. Although the hobbit has enough substance to maybe pull it off. Always liked it better than the LTR trilogy.

i dont understand the 2 book deal either

i dont see where they would stop it halfway through and its a short book anyway

I liked the LoTR films but I was hoping they would get someone other than Jackson to make the Hobbit. We've seen what he can do, I would have liked to see someone else's take on Tolkien.

I liked the LoTR films but I was hoping they would get someone other than Jackson to make the Hobbit. We've seen what he can do, I would have liked to see someone else's take on Tolkien.
I think he did such a good job with the LOTR movies that to have anyone else do The Hobbit would always beg the question "what would Jackson have done?"

Cool- more witchcraft, fantasy and sorcery. Bring the kids...
Is this post sarcastic? I kind of hope so.
:rolleyes: expedition IMO.
Really? So the LOTR and the Hobbit are not about witchcraft, fantasy and sorcery? Wizards, Trolls, magic rings, flesh eating hobbits? Dwarves and Elves?
No more so than CS Lewises "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe".I hope the Hobbit is more exciting than the LOTR movies. What a snoozefest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? So the LOTR and the Hobbit are not about witchcraft, fantasy and sorcery? Wizards, Trolls, magic rings, flesh eating hobbits? Dwarves and Elves?
Not the content of the books and movies, the tone of your post. "Cool... bring the kids". Sarcasm, right?

Tolkein was a devout roman catholic, and the books are as much about the power of good triumphing over evil as they are about "flesh eating hobbits"

No more so than CS Lewises "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe".I hope the Hobbit is more exciting than the LOTR movies. What a snoozefest.
What?!? Infinitely better than the Star Wars prequels.

Two "Hobbit" films are scheduled to be shot simultaneously, similar to how the three "Lord of the Rings" films were made. Production is set to begin in 2009 with a released planned for 2010, with the sequel scheduled for a 2011 release.
:rolleyes:

Not the content of the books and movies, the tone of your post. "Cool... bring the kids". Sarcasm, right?
Not really. Who is going to see Harry Potter? The Chronicles of Narnia? LOTR? The Golden Compass? They even have a Harry Potter amusement park being built. I think that it is safe to say that it is catering to kids?

:bag: expedition IMO.
Not really. Who is going to see Harry Potter? The Chronicles of Narnia? LOTR? The Golden Compass? They even have a Harry Potter amusement park being built. I think that it is safe to say that it is catering to kids?
lolOne last time - do you think it's cool that they're catering to kids, or were you being sarcastic when you used the word?

Yeah, they are kids books. I'd like to think my kid will be interested in these books when he can read, as I've read an enjoyed them all during my life (save Harry Potter).

Tolkein was a devout roman catholic, and the books are as much about the power of good triumphing over evil as they are about "flesh eating hobbits"
Well if you want to look at it from this perspective:1.) Roman Catholics practice pagan traditions2.) The gospels talk in depth about good vs. evil- anything wrong with the Truth over fantasy?

Well if you want to look at it from this perspective:1.) Roman Catholics practice pagan traditions2.) The gospels talk in depth about good vs. evil- anything wrong with the Truth over fantasy?
Ah a Catholic basher. We definitely don't have enough of those in the FFA.

I hope the Hobbit is more exciting than the LOTR movies. What a snoozefest.
Well duh.Seriously. I watched the Two Towers Extended Edition over the weekend with my kids and I thought i was going to fall asleep (until the Battle of Helm's Deep, that is.)
The movies definitely stretched, but Jackson was trying to capture the tone of the books.

Well if you want to look at it from this perspective:1.) Roman Catholics practice pagan traditions

2.) The gospels talk in depth about good vs. evil- anything wrong with the Truth over fantasy?
EVERYTHING IS UNGODLY!

lolOne last time - do you think it's cool that they're catering to kids, or were you being sarcastic when you used the word?
Certainly that is two different questions and no I was not being sarcastic.

on another note, I'd rather Jackson would make one film about The Hobbit and another one from the Silmarillion.

I hope the Hobbit is more exciting than the LOTR movies. What a snoozefest.
Well duh.Seriously. I watched the Two Towers Extended Edition over the weekend with my kids and I thought i was going to fall asleep (until the Battle of Helm's Deep, that is.)
The movies definitely stretched, but Jackson was trying to capture the tone of the books.
The books are boring too?(Boring isn't quite the right word. Self-important might be better.)

:thumbup: expedition IMO.
Certainly that is two different questions and no I was not being sarcastic.
Really? Because it didn't sound like you were a big fan of the movies in your initial post. Maybe I just misread it.

isn't this old news?

also, it doesn't look like Jackson is going to direct these.

Users who are viewing this thread