What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Skip Bayless, its he really this much of a tool? (1 Viewer)

he says things that are obviously stupid so that people will talk about him.

Mission accomplished.

This is pretty tame in comparison to the many other factors that make him a complete and utter tool.

This wasn't even the craziest thing he said today. He says the Nathan's Hot Dog contest is more grueling and difficult than the Tour de France.

I'm on board with him on this one. Anything - absolutely, positively anything - to speed up baseball games.

This wasn't even the craziest thing he said today. He says the Nathan's Hot Dog contest is more grueling and difficult than the Tour de France.
Did he really say that? If so he's just being an idiot on purpose instead of simply because he is stupid.

Did he really say that? If so he's just being an idiot on purpose instead of simply because he is stupid.
yephis reasons TdF is not hard:state of the art bikeseveryone on roidsif it was that grueling they couldn't do 21 stagesthey chug champagne crossing the finish line

How about this crazy idea, if the score is tied after nine innings, the game ends in a tie. :goodposting:

How about this crazy idea, if the score is tied after nine innings, the game ends in a tie. :shrug:
Yeah, but there are only 162 games in a season. It would cause mass chaos and a big jumbled mess in the standings.

yephis reasons TdF is not hard:

state of the art bikes

everyone on roids

if it was that grueling they couldn't do 21 stages

they chug champagne crossing the finish line
As a former (not very good or competitive) cyclist, I can most assuredly tell you that cycling is grueling. Let's see skip haul his ### over multiple passes in the Pyranees or Alps. I'd bet he couldn't handle the first Category 1 climb before his heart would explode.

Only way to solve this is to have Armstrong take on Chitwood eating hotdogs, then follow that up with a bike race. The one who is closet percentage wise at the end of the events is the winner.

If you want to hear something awesome, try to find the interview Bayless did with a local Philly sportstalk DJ, Mike Micinelli (sp?). Bayless gets owned so badly that he discontinues the conversation. :thumbup:

I always wondered why ESPN keep these terrible personalities on. I mean look at Baseball Tonight, it's been unwatchable since Harold Reynolds left. Gammons also left and if Kurkjian ever did, they might just pull the plug on that show. Joe Morgan is finally gone (hooraaayyyy), but that's because his contract ran out.

Of all the sports writers and all the ex athletes and ex coaches they always manage to pick the wrong ones. I mean Herm Edwards?

Last edited by a moderator:
Skip Bayless makes one comment and thousands of sheep across the country light up message boards talking about him and circulating his name.

The man's a genius.

Made a point to DVR First Take today. I rarely watch the show, but this is one of those days that I just had to hear what ol' Skip and Screamin A. had to say about the Te'o situation. These guys never agree, so evidently it was in the script for Skip to defend Te'o, while Smith said he was obviously complicit in the whole thing.

My favorite part from Skip: "I'm a little uncomfortable that we are discussing an anonymous quote of a friend of the alleged perpetrator of this hoax.... and the friend says that he was 80% sure it was for publicity."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But it was PERFECTLY OKAY to publish that Troy Aikman is gay based on anonymous sources. Biggest POS ever.

Fifteen years ago, Skip Bayless wrote a book about the Dallas Cowboys called Hell Bent, and in that book Bayless delved into rumors that then-Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman was gay.

Time has passed, but Aikman is still so upset with Bayless that he hinted in a recent radio interview that if he were ever to see Bayless again, he might take a swing at him.

“I will tell you this,” Aikman said on 1310 The Ticket, via the Dallas Morning News. “I’ve not seen — I’ve not physically seen Skip Bayless since that time. That was in ’95. And I still kind of wonder what I might do to him when I do see him.”

Asked whether he might have a physical confrontation if he saw Bayless, Aikman said, “Well, I mean, I don’t know. I don’t know.”

Aikman says it still irks him that Bayless used rumors about his personal life to help sell books.

“When a guy like that comes out and, whether it’s intimated or stated, and there’s no substance to that claim, and he’s doing it purely to gain interest in a book, that’s a problem,” Aikman said.

Users who are viewing this thread