What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Interview" FFA Approved, except by TobiasFunke (1 Viewer)

Do you want to see this movie?

• Yes

Votes: 70 69.3%
  • No

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters
":I think it's despicable. I think it's absolutely outrageous. That anyone would even attempt to profit on such a horrible scenario makes me sick."

- Hillary Clinton

Personally I will be viewing... Kim Jong Un's take on this movie already has me laughing... Quote from North Korea :lmao:

"If the U.S. government doesn't block the movie's release, it will face "stern" and "merciless" retaliation, an unidentified spokesman for North Korea's Foreign Ministry said in state media Wednesday."

http://news.yahoo.com/north-koreas-us-movie-act-war-073047684.html
Is there a Fatwah out on Stone and Parker still?

I'd think they'd be 1st on his hit list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fennis said:
":I think it's despicable. I think it's absolutely outrageous. That anyone would even attempt to profit on such a horrible scenario makes me sick."

- Hillary Clinton
She might not be aware there is an entire genre of literature related to what if histories.

Fennis said:

- Hillary Clinton
She seems inevitable until almost every time she opens her mouth

I haven't even seen Neighbors yet. And this guy has another flick??

I used to tell my friends during the fiscal crisis of '08-'09: "This #### will not hurt Judd Apatow or his guys one bit."

Boring story, but true.

Was Neighbors any good? Might like to see that.

I used to tell my friends during the fiscal crisis of '08-'09: "This #### will not hurt Judd Apatow or his guys one bit."

Boring story, but true.

It was decent. Zac Efron is super hot.

Boring story, but true.

It was decent. Zac Efron is super hot.
I had the pleasure of watching 17 Again on the way to Boston in a tricked out mini-van with my brother and his Brady Bunch family that includes a few more girls than boys. Zac is apparently very super hot.

Fennis said:

- Hillary Clinton
She seems inevitable until almost every time she opens her mouth
In Hillary's defense (and if you knew me, you'd know defending ANYTHING with the last name 'Clinton' goes against most of what's pre-programmed into my DNA), it's a comedy about killing another human being. And as the former First Lady (of Arkansas, and the United States), a US Senator, and US Secretary of State, I'm sure she has faced dozens of legitimate death threats over the past ~25 years. I can think of a few hundred ###-clowns in politics who I would LOVE to see out of office! Though I wouldn't wish death on any of them. Though if any political figure comes close, it would be Kim Jong Un. As the human rights atrocities he has committed against his own people make a lot of the genocidal despots on the African continent look about as threatening as Bill Lumburgh from the movie Office Space.

Wasn't there a kerfuffle a few years back about a movie with the plot to assassinate George Bush?
I think it was a book. But yeah, there were some people with a problem with what seemed like a bit of wish fulfillment.

I don't think Clinton's comments, if accurately quoted (I haven't checked outside of this thread) are that out of line, and I'm hardly a supporter of hers.

Jong Un is a despot and an enemy, but it's pretty poor taste to make a movie about assasinating a CURRENT real life political figure. The same comedy could have been made with fictitous characters. I wouldn't have a problem with having something like this banned.

Jong Un is a despot and an enemy, but it's pretty poor taste to make a movie about assasinating a CURRENT real life political figure. The same comedy could have been made with fictitous characters. I wouldn't have a problem with having something like this banned.
I would have a tremendous problem with having this banned. I would have a tremendous problem with having it banned were Bush or Obama the subject. I'm not a fan of censorship.

I would have a tremendous problem with having this banned. I would have a tremendous problem with having it banned were Bush or Obama the subject. I'm not a fan of censorship.
Definately a slippery slope, and in general none of us are a fan of censorship. That said, I do have a problem with promoting murder and with inciting/riling up a foreign power for the sole pupose of making a low-class movie for entertainment.

(All that said, I think we all realize N. Korea will do nothing but bluster as usual)

ETA: TBH, I have a real problem with any "entertainment" that promotes violent, illegal actions. I would LOVE to see games like "Grand Theft Auto" ripped from the shelves.

I agree it's poor taste.

But I think movies have run out of viable super-villains. The Russians aren't commies anymore and Putin is a lunatic you don't want to aggravate, and the Chinese are no longer really commies and they buy so many tickets you don't want to cause a problem there. Who's left? Terrorists and the North Koreans.

Definately a slippery slope, and in general none of us are a fan of censorship. That said, I do have a problem with promoting murder and with inciting/riling up a foreign power for the sole pupose of making a low-class movie for entertainment.

(All that said, I think we all realize N. Korea will do nothing but bluster as usual)

ETA: TBH, I have a real problem with any "entertainment" that promotes violent, illegal actions. I would LOVE to see games like "Grand Theft Auto" ripped from the shelves.
Yeah that is full on censorship and if that's what you really want I hear Putin is accepting applications these days,

Fennis said:

- Hillary Clinton
She might not be aware there is an entire genre of literature related to what if histories.
I think Fennis was spoofing the benghazi thing there.
No that's a direct quote about another film.

Definately a slippery slope, and in general none of us are a fan of censorship. That said, I do have a problem with promoting murder and with inciting/riling up a foreign power for the sole pupose of making a low-class movie for entertainment.(All that said, I think we all realize N. Korea will do nothing but bluster as usual)

After reading this post, I will buy a ticket and support this movie on opening night.

ETA: please leave America

I'm no fan of the N. Korean regime, and the world would probably be a better place if Kim stopped a bullet, but I'd rather that people not make movies about political figures being assassinated. Not calling for censorship or anything, just a little bit of self-restraint.

I think it's funny that Un actually thinks he's being taken seriously, when pretty much everyone else on planet Earth knows that if he actually tries something, he'll get bombed back to the Stone Age. Which, fortunately for him, is a short trip.

Sorry, but censorship <> making it illegal to promote illegal activities in the name of entertainment.

I understand him being a little offended but an "act of war?" wtf dude. This turd is just looking for a reason to start something.

I find it stunning that anyone would think the movie should be banned. What an awful result.

You don't seem understand the nature of this country. Also, no "a" in definitely.

This is a huge setback to the work Rodman did over there IMO.

Sorry, but censorship <> making it illegal to promote illegal activities in the name of entertainment.
Sorry, but that is definitely censorship.
Yes, also it would take away lots of legendary films. Ban The Godfather! (promotes organized crime). Ban The Fugitive! (promotes fleeing from authorities). Ban The Shawshank Redemption! (promotes escaping from prison). Ban Mr. Popper's Penguins! (promotes illegal possession of exotic pets). OK, go ahead and ban Mr. Popper's Penguins, I'm fine with that one.

Some really unAmerican views in this thread. Weird. You guys might prefer life in China or North Korea imo.

- Hillary Clinton
sorry guys that quote is when someone made a movie about killing President Bush.

I'm sure I've watched and enjoyed something in a similar vein, that will shortly be pointed out, but this movie makes my stomach churn.

Imagining if I was in a labor camp or had relatives in one and seeing the trailer for this.

At least they didn't edit in audience reactions shots with people stuffing their face with popcorn rolling in the aisles.

The movie is not an affront to Kim Jong Un. The Bush comparisons miss the point.

The movie is an affront to all the people in death camps in N. Korea.

That crazy Kim Jong Un. Lets make a movie about how wacky he is. He shot an 18 on a par 72. Hilarious. What a card.

Not saying we should intervene in N. Korea. But maybe not spend my Friday night going out for a laugh about what a screwed up situation it is.

The movie is not an affront to Kim Jong Un. The Bush comparisons miss the point.

The movie is an affront to all the people in death camps in N. Korea.

That crazy Kim Jong Un. Lets make a movie about how wacky he is. He shot an 18 on a par 72. Hilarious. What a card.

Not saying we should intervene in N. Korea. But maybe not spend my Friday night going out for a laugh about what a screwed up situation it is.
I get your point, but perhaps it's political satire or commentary, which requires things to be funny and sometimes sad and tragic. Making fun of some of the worst dictatorships on earth can actually bring awareness to those who otherwise wouldn't know that these things are happening, whether it be fiction or non-fiction.

For instance, when I was a kid, I didn't know how bad Liberia was until I read a story about the royal palace and how the tigers in the palace were eating the weakened people inside because rebel revolutionary forces had the place surrounded and wouldn't let food in during a standoff. I mean, that little anecdote spoke volumes and was more brutally ironic than any movie or bland political essay or statement could hope to be.

Domesticated tigers were eating starving people who had previously starved their own populace.

Users who are viewing this thread