What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terror in the suburbs... (1 Viewer)

There was a house in Milwaukee that the owner let the yard go to waste. He painted his whole house purple and since the house was on the corner of a "main" intersection, everyone saw it. People just grew to live with it after some initial complaining. I'm not sure how much people complained but it was funny to see.

A couple years ago the house got torn down and someone is building a new one. The guy must have died or moved or something. However, if you look close, the electric box on the property is still purple (at least it was last time I drove by).

Maybe that lady should not have been so anal about the lights. Women screw everything up.

"There was a Virgin Mary here, and he placed a knife through her head, right there on the edge of our driveway,” Joanne Hebda told “20/20.” “I thought it was a terroristic threat.”

:lmao: FFS, lady. Get a grip.

If you read the article it's not just the display. It sounds like he lives to #### with his neighbors. Flood lights shining into their windows, hammering at 3am.

I've lived next to a neighbor whose attitude, property and reputation literally impacted the values of the adjacent homes by 20%. It can be really bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you read the article it's not just the display. It sounds like he lives to #### with his neighbors. Flood lights shining into their windows, hammering at 3am.

I've lived next to a neighbor whose attitude, property and reputation literally impacted the values of the adjacent homes by 20%. It can be really bad.
:goodposting: The day after a neighbor s wife died he put up some disparaging comments about her. Sounds like a real POS.

:goodposting: The day after a neighbor s wife died he put up some disparaging comments about her. Sounds like a real POS.
I saw this story the other night. I get neighborhood wars, but this thing about the one guy's wife dying and then putting up crap about her was too far. If my wife died, and some guy said something like that, I'd be willing to spend a while in jail just for the satisfaction of ripping the sign down and shoving it up his ###.

Are there better pictures of this stuff? The pictures in the article basically look like a christmas scene after hurricane katrina went through.

Well it appears at one time his home was renown for it's displays. Then a war started between the neighbors over those nice displays and so they get this instead now. He does seem a bit off but it also seems like maybe some of those poor suffering lambs he is injuring so much were involved in starting it.

What is with the blue tarps? And why does he hide under them to sledge hammer at night?

I think the public message to the neighbor's dead wife the day after she died is so gross I couldn't find the story funny.

I guess there are people we're going to dislike in life, but that seems massively indecent and immoral. Something is wrong with this guy.

I think the public message to the neighbor's dead wife the day after she died is so gross I couldn't find the story funny.

I guess there are people we're going to dislike in life, but that seems massively indecent and immoral. Something is wrong with this guy.
:yes:

You mean besides "who the #### buys a house that sits in the middle of a circle?"

Huh, I saw this last year I guess it was when driving on Siebert. Had no idea what it was. From the main road it looks like a bunch of junk in the yard up on the hill. No reason to travel on that cul-de-sac unless you are visiting someone who lives there.

From the outside looking in, those "decorations" are funny. Can't say the same for the signs though.

And, why block the use of the garage? Seems self defeating to not be able to use your own house by doing this.

I'm pretty surprised he hasn't had the crap kicked out of him. That's well beyond just bad taste.

Rohn Jambo said:
Some videos showing the nicer displays Bill Ansell used to put up. The neighbor who started the whole thing blame him for her divorce.

So as I said he had a big nice display and they complained. So now I guess there is no traffic to complain about at least.

Some videos showing the nicer displays Bill Ansell used to put up. The neighbor who started the whole thing blame him for her divorce.

Yes, they have seen the "new display" year round for ten years. My guess is they're about to wave the white flag.

He overdid it before, causing traffic headaches on a small street, someone asked him to dial it back a bit, and he then became a huge dbag.

I think there's a whole lot more to this story than the one incident that one of the neighbors claims set him off.

I like the NEIGHBOR IS A THIEF sign in the yard. Nice touch.

The display he had before looks okay to me.It is sad to see the guy let his neighbors take away the joy for something he looked forward to every year.

The display from before looked kind of nice, but still kind of looked like a crazy person did it. The after shot is what it looks like when said crazy person gets pushed over the edge.

Careful what you wish for. He had lights up for, what, a month out of the year. Took donations and helped out. Sucks to be the neighbors but careful what you wish for.

I love Christmas lights. It looks like he just had a normal display and not something synchronized with music like these other guys:

That isn't overdone. And how much you want to bet the neighbors wish it was back? I bet it didn't hurt their property values when he was a local celebrity for his awesome display.

Posting huge signs about a person's dead wife leads me to believe he's fully rational, and didn't overdo his previous display at all. Because, you know, tastefully done things like putting up a sign addressing dead wives the day after they've died and not overdoing things seem to be his modus operandi.

The wife sign was of course over the line. But they have pictures of the display from years past so you can judge for yourself.

True. That's not impressive comprehension on my part.

That said, I think it's overdone. That's me. Probably well enough to leave well alone, but that looks like a really, really bad gingerbread house during the nice times. I think Scoresman said it looked like a crazy person did it, and I think that was a good comment.

And the signs are indicia of craziness, IMO.

I'm betting more than anything they're wanting this guy to stop being a ########. I'm also betting it wasn't their property values they were concerned about back then. Maybe getting to their house without having to wait for an hour of cars to pass through. Maybe being able to enjoy peace and tranquility of a quiet cul-de-sac was on their mind. One man's "awesome display" can easily be another man's (or in this case everyone that lived there but him) annoyance.

The shark move years ago would have been for the neighbors to sell their houses in the summer. "Oh, didn't the RE agent tell you about the Christmas lights? They're beautiful aren't they? We miss them so much."

In any event, whether he is in the wrong or the neighbors were, it looks as if the authorities are not too interested in what is going on in this cute little cul de sac. I predict that someone is going to die in the near future over this.

At the very least, the neighbors could take a cue from the fact the police don't care about this and just make the house look worse. I bet if someone went over there in the middle of the night and spray painted some filthy, vile language or some swastikas on his house the cops would make him clean it up.

reminds me of the guy who rebuilt the windows on his house

http://amazingdata.com/mediadata33/Image/hot_weird_funny_amazing_cool6_dispute-between-neighbors-1_200907271732315942.jpg

I wanted a display with one of those lighted bears eating a lighted reindeer with red lights for blood. My daughter won't let me.

I wanted to make a South Park Woodland Critters Christmas display. Again, my daughter wouldn't let me.

My daughter is a Scrooge.

The inability of some folks to let something go can be staggering. If this guy had a point it was made long ago. Now he is just bringing more dissention into the world. When this goes from bad to worse, as it inevitably will, he will have nobody to blame but himself, and yet he will blame others.

Users who are viewing this thread