What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Slippers for men (1 Viewer)

Nugget

Footballguy
This is my first winter back in Kansas after 8 years in Phoenix and Orange County. I am looking for something to wear when I take trash out, go to the garage, take the dog out to the yard, run to the gas station, and sit in the home office in the basement.

Looking at something like this - http://www.zappos.com/deer-stags-nordic-black-microsuede

Anyone have any experience with slippers? I don't think I want to go Tom Brady and spring for Uggs, but I may be convinced.

I get a new pair of these LL Bean ones every other year. Wear them constantly during the winter. Socks make my feet sweat. These are just the right mix of warm and breathable. I like the low back b/c they're easier to get on and off. They make a full-back version.

I get a new pair of these LL Bean ones every other year. Wear them constantly during the winter. Socks make my feet sweat. These are just the right mix of warm and breathable. I like the low back b/c they're easier to get on and off. They make a full-back version.
Can't go wrong with anything from Bean. I have had these for years and am hopefully getting a new pair this year:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/18999?feat=70638-pprrtop

I have the opposite experience - my feet get/stay much warmer in slippers than in socks.

I have these

Can't go wrong with anything from Bean. I have had these for years and am hopefully getting a new pair this year:

Dang. Those are very substantial. Hard to get on/off?

Dang. Those are very substantial. Hard to get on/off?
I have the Cabelas version of these and love them. You need to use a hand to slip them on, but they're super easy to slip on/off.

I've had the same pair for 3yrs and still going strong.

I'll usually spend no more than $20 for them. You can get them at Ross, Marshalls, Big Lots, etc.
Same here. I get a pair each season for about $20. Only requirements are a warm lining and some type of hard sole so they can be worn outside on occasion.

Then I throw them away in the spring.

What's the point of these? To wear in the house - or go outside of the house?

In the house yeah ok but why the rubber sole and 89 bucks price tag? Outside of the house - put on regular shoes/boots.

This is my first winter back in Kansas after 8 years in Phoenix and Orange County. I am looking for something to wear when I take trash out, go to the garage, take the dog out to the yard, run to the gas station, and sit in the home office in the basement.

Looking at something like this - http://www.zappos.com/deer-stags-nordic-black-microsuede

Anyone have any experience with slippers? I don't think I want to go Tom Brady and spring for Uggs, but I may be convinced.
Only if you want your heel and ankle to get frostbit.

So are you a size 7 or 8?

Dang...I see chocolate brown is where it's at this year.

I had the brown for my 1st pair, and got the chocolate last x-mas...so, no new slippers for me this year.

Dang...I see chocolate brown is where it's at this year.

I had the brown for my 1st pair, and got the chocolate last x-mas...so, no new slippers for me this year.
How's the arch support? I need something with a little support as I have high arches and things will start aching if I'm standing in them for some time like if I was cooking.

CROCS FTW
Got some Mario Batali Crocs, love them because they have a more substantial sole. They are fine for going outside, no slipping, and are fine around the house. Not too cold here near DC, so that isn't an issue; but socks can solve the problem if necessary. (Although they are near sandals, and everyone knows you aren't allowed to wear socks with sandals (and docksiders ;) )

ETA: Link - bought them from Zullily got them for a bunch less than the $44 from Crocs.

Last edited by a moderator:
CROCS FTW
Got some Mario Batali Crocs, love them because they have a more substantial sole. They are fine for going outside, no slipping, and are fine around the house. Not too cold here near DC, so that isn't an issue; but socks can solve the problem if necessary. (Although they are near sandals, and everyone knows you aren't allowed to wear socks with sandals (and docksiders ;) )

ETA: Link - bought them from Zullily got them for a bunch less than the $44 from Crocs.
I think there is a no-croc rule that's on par or above the no-sock-sandal rule.

CROCS FTW

I'm not saying I wear them away from my house, I wear them inside; and if I need go out to take the trash out or go get the mail. The furthest I wear them is the 5 min walk to the school to get my kids.

We call them my Conan Boots. I've been through 3 pairs in the last 30 years....not sure where to find them online, but I get them at Art and Wine festivals. They kinda look like this

Only if you want your heel and ankle to get frostbit.
It is Kansas, not Alaska.

I am not opposed to a more substantial heel, but don't want to actual have to bend over at all. If I can put them on and remove with just my feet, I would consider.

We call them my Conan Boots. I've been through 3 pairs in the last 30 years....not sure where to find them online, but I get them at Art and Wine festivals. They kinda look like this
I'll ask my wife where she gets hers and let you know.

CROCS FTW

I'm not saying I wear them away from my house, I wear them inside; and if I need go out to take the trash out or go get the mail. The furthest I wear them is the 5 min walk to the school to get my kids.
Oh, you are THAT father. Poor kids are scarred for life.

jon_mx said:
Mr. Ected said:
tonydead said:
Mr. Ected said:
CROCS FTW

Oh, you are THAT father. Poor kids are scarred for life.
Well yeah, but there is a long list of reasons, well beyond the Crocs.

I am sure I will get made fun of for this but Ugg makes the most comfortable warm slipper out there.

Users who are viewing this thread