What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2014 Boston Red Sox Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Opening Day Lineup

Nava - RF

Pedroia - 2B

Ortiz - DH

Napoli - 1B

Carp - LF

Sizemore - CF

Boagerts - SS

Pierzynski - C

Middlebrooks - 3B

Lester - SP

What are everyone's latest thoughts on Bradley? He needs to swing that bat! Maybe he is figuring that out after the first game?

Sox sign Ryan Roberts to a major league deal. Not a real good sign in regards to Middlebrooks and his health

Sox sign Ryan Roberts to a major league deal. Not a real good sign in regards to Middlebrooks and his health
Roberts is a better short term option at 3B than Herrera. They needed to add somebody and Cecchini isn't ready. $1M is pocket change to the Red Sox.

In town for work so planning on going to the game tonight since I've never been to Fenway. Anybody want to tell me what the better option is: buy cheapest ticket on SH (about $7 right now) to get in and then just walk around checking out the park, or spend $20 and actually get a decent seat? That's like a beer and a half difference.

I know that a lot of the infield seats have obstructions and to watch out for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of what I was thinking, being that it's an old stadium. I know they've done a lot with the area surrounding it, but not as much to see inside. Thanks.

what a brutal series that was....... and yet, they're still not out of it, due the general suckitude of the al east.

I heard some stats about how bad they are hitting against Righty's. Losing Ells, 2013 Nava and shockingly Drew has hurt them there.

Sell sell sell.

It is hard to imagine how good this team was with essentially the same roster.

Is it true that a brawl started because the Red Sox were upset that Tampa stole 3rd with a 5 run lead in the 7th?

That is absurd.

Yea, the whole stealing a base up a few runs is totally acceptable. It's way dumb to complain about that ####. Probably would have been fine if they just jawed at each other though. #### happens especially between these 2 teams. Escobar made the move towards the dugout though, which helped escalate the thing (perhaps rightfully so).

Pretty lame brawl though

the moops said:
Yea, the whole stealing a base up a few runs is totally acceptable. It's way dumb to complain about that ####. Probably would have been fine if they just jawed at each other though. #### happens especially between these 2 teams. Escobar made the move towards the dugout though, which helped escalate the thing (perhaps rightfully so).

Pretty lame brawl though
If you watch Foley (3rd base coach), he has Escobar under control...then is looking over at the Sox bench in seemingly awe at what's coming from it. Then Escobar advances.

One in a row!!!

Brawl was stupid, but they'd lost 10 straight. Heard a few talking heads say that sometimes in the locker room during long losing streaks, it would be agreed upon that if the opportunity presented itself, fight fight fight!! Baseball players and their superstitions. Dumb.

Who is the guy with Orsillo in the TV booth the last couple of days? I'm not placing the voice.
Steve "Psyco" Lyons
Ahhhh. Know what threw me off? He doesn't act like a clown anymore. When he's not trying to be a comedian, he's actually a pretty good analyst. What's up with Rem-Dawg? Health issues again?
His kid just got life yesterday.
Surprised he missed any time for that. Seriously. When it happened, he pretty much disowned the kid (understandably).

Loving the fight and the turn round from the 10 game losing streak. Thinking this BS just might be the turning point. We shall see.

Sox and Rays hate each other, expecting a brawl tonight after what happened last evening.

Bogaerts is carrying this team on his back right now.

Price been woofing about Ortiz since last playoffs when we kicked their butt. He hit him with glee, much like Ortiz eliminated them with glee. Let's have last-place fun tonight!

Why is TB interfering with a perfectly good Manager's Challenge? Seriously, Joe, you're gonna get a guy that gets ribs plunked for pulling stunts like this. Shut the hell up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to chuckle this morning. On WEEI, they had a segment discussing players/athletes people wish they could have seen. So the names that came up were Rocky Marciano box. Or Pete Maravich when he averaged 44 pts a game over his college career with no three point line. Or Ted Williams in his prime. Then someone texted in he wished he could see Clay Buchholz pitch a game.

Looks like you guys have Wade Boggs, v2.0.

Holt is very impressive. Same number and all, only without the cool mustache.

Users who are viewing this thread