What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official NLDS Thread Washington Nationals v SF Giants*** (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
All games on FS1 except Game 3 on MLB

Probable Pitchers:

Friday: San Francisco (Peavy 7-13) at Washington (Strasburg 14-11), 12:07 PM PDT

Saturday: San Francisco (Hudson 9-13) at Washington (Zimmerman 14-5), 2:30 PM PDT

Monday: Washington (Fister 16-6) at San Francisco TBA

Tuesday*: Washington TBA at San Francisco, TBA

Thursday*: San Francisco TBA at Washington TBA

* If necessary :shrug:

I thought Bumgarner was confirmed as the Game 3 starter? As a fan of juvenile sexual puns I was very excited about the Bum-Fister matchup. Or Fister-Bum. Works either way.

Also, :X

Giants' game 1 lineup

Blanco CF

Panik 2B

Posey C

Sandoval 3B

Pence RF

Belt 1B

Crawford SS

Ishikawa LF

Peavy P

The Giants' left fielders since Bonds have been a half year of Melky and 6 1/2 years of meh. But Ishi pretty much takes the cake.

Panik in the streets of Washington
He started out so poorly and SF declined to go after a second baseman before the trade deadline. I wonder how much of that was because teams were asking too much vs SF management saw something special in him

The Giants are something like, no joke, 0-14 against the Nats in games I've attended over the last 7 years since moving out to DC. I made the strategic decision not to attend this afternoon.

You're welcome, fellow Giants fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon sunshine is usually terrible at Nats Park. MLB really doing a bang up job scheduling this series.

This game is just racing along by modern standards. We're at the 7th inning stretch in less than two hours.

Of all the people it is Drew Storen AGAIN. The guy has suffered enough :cry:

If the Giants win this game pulling Zimmermann in this game is going to make the Strausburg shut down 2 years old to look like a joke

Unfortunately there is nothing in the team hitting that gives you confidence and now they are losing their composure

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get to see a lot of the nats, but why pull zim there? He walked panik but three of those pitches missed by about a combined two inches. Seemed like he was still very much in control, low pitch count, etc. Williams seems dumb to me. Is he dumb?

Don't get to see a lot of the nats, but why pull zim there? He walked panik but three of those pitches missed by about a combined two inches. Seemed like he was still very much in control, low pitch count, etc. Williams seems dumb to me. Is he dumb?
That made no sense. How in earth do you pull your starter there? And didn't even give him a chance to talk himself into staying in.

Users who are viewing this thread