What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dad rock tier list (1 Viewer)

Scoresman

Footballguy
High Tier

Eagles

REO Speedwagon

Foghat

Mid Tier

The Doobie Brothers

Fleetwood Mac

Bob Seger

Crap Tier

Steely Dan

Bad Company

Frank Zappa

Steely Dan and Bad Company are the two best bands you have listed and they're in the low tier? I don't get it :shrug:

High Tier

Eagles Horrible

REO Speedwagon Double Horrible

Foghat 2-3 decent songs

Mid Tier

The Doobie Brothers Right there with Foghat

Fleetwood Mac 1-2 Good songs

Bob Seger 1 good song

Crap Tier

Steely Dan Some really good stuff but some boring crap as well.

Bad Company A few good songs but overall meh

Frank Zappa Genius but too eclectic for me
All-in-all your list sucks.

i should clear up that i find all dad rock deplorable, but someone has to be in the high tier of deplorable.

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Scoresman said:
High Tier

Eagles Horrible

Foghat 2-3 decent songs

Mid Tier

Bob Seger 1 good song

Crap Tier

Not all of us enjoy the Kings of Leon, Hector.

Scoresman said:
High Tier

Eagles Horrible

Foghat 2-3 decent songs

Mid Tier

Bob Seger 1 good song

Crap Tier

your nuts

Dad Rock - noun \dad-rawk\ 1. popular American rock and roll bands from the 1970s and early 1980s well like by parents of children born in the same time period; often used by fathers to deride the musical preferences of their children. "Son, back in my day groups like Steely Dan and Dire Straits didn't need things like autotune or sampling to sound great."

Dad Rock - noun \dad-rawk\ 1. popular American rock and roll bands from the 1970s and early 1980s well like by parents of children born in the same time period; often used by fathers to deride the musical preferences of their children. "Son, back in my day groups like Steely Dan and Dire Straits didn't need things like autotune or sampling to sound great."
Aerosmith?

Peter Frampton?

Wham?

Aerosmith?

Peter Frampton?

Wham?
sure

Going by your definition, my tiers would be:

Top (still in heavy rotation): 70s prog (Rush, Genesis, Yes, etc.), Led Zep, The Who, Zappa, Floyd

Mid (great fallback bands): Deep Purple, Grateful Dead, Allman's, Clapton, The Cure, Bowie, Chili Peppers, Steely Dan, Talking Heads, Miles Davis, Return to Forever & similar fusion

Crap (stuff I was into then but not now - can still be good in small doses): Hair Metal (Crue, Def Leppard, Dio), The Cult, The Police, The Pretenders.

Although I'm more likely to be listening to prog metal these days (Opeth/Tool/Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree, etc.)

Top (still in heavy rotation): 70s prog (Rush, Genesis, Yes, etc.), Led Zep, The Who, Zappa, Floyd

Mid (great fallback bands): Deep Purple, Grateful Dead, Allman's, Clapton, The Cure, Bowie, Chili Peppers, Steely Dan, Talking Heads, Miles Davis, Return to Forever & similar fusion

Crap (stuff I was into then but not now - can still be good in small doses): Hair Metal (Crue, Def Leppard, Dio), The Cult, The Police, The Pretenders.

Although I'm more likely to be listening to prog metal these days (Opeth/Tool/Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree, etc.)
Much better list.

Much better list.
Yep although I would move the Police to mid probably but otherwise works for me.

How old are you again?

British bands are generally not allowed. Also pink floyd, aside from being brits, transcends generations. kids of all generations like pink floyd.

British bands are generally not allowed. Also pink floyd, aside from being brits, transcends generations. kids of all generations like pink floyd.
Says who? I am not a dad. But I am in my 50's and Brit rock is a huge part of what I listen to. I do agree on Pink Floyd though.

What? How about Australian bands?

the reason most british bands dont count is because a lot of them transcend their generation. what makes up dad rock are mostly the crappy classic american bands that the older generation will defend as superior music until the day they die.

Scoresman said:
High Tier

Eagles Horrible

Foghat 2-3 decent songs

Mid Tier

Bob Seger 1 good song

Crap Tier

Not all of us enjoy the Kings of Leon, Hector.
That includes me, Scrote.

Users who are viewing this thread