What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What happens to the $$$ the NFL collects in fines? (1 Viewer)

NFL-ons

Footballguy
Seeing how players are no longer allowed to tackle in the NFL, I began to wonder what happens to all the money that is collected in fines. It would be great if they allowed the players to select a charity they wanted the $$$ to go to. Joey Porter could be like "Yeah, my neighborhood charity wanted to build a new park, so I made a couple tackles this week." Or Matt Jones could say "I wanted to donate a couple bucks to the treatment program I am going to attend so I did ... I mean cut up a couple lines." Jared Allen's $50K could go to the beleaguered fantasy addict fund.

I certainly hope Goodell does not receive them in a bonus. Although ... that certainly might explain some things.

For real: Does anyone know where this small fortune goes?

In spirit, I see where you are coming from with the whole "choose where the money goes" but in reality, you can't offer incentive for a player to do something against the rules.

"Hmm, my charity's school needs a roof...I'm going to go take off a quarterback's head!"

That said, I don't know where the money goes...

Personally, I think it should go to a fund benefiting injured players.

Users who are viewing this thread