What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patrick Willis status week 15 (1 Viewer)

steelcityman

Footballguy
I searched our league site for news, yahoo, espn...and I see nothing new(this week) regarding Willis' status. Does anyone know if he is going to play Monday, or should I make other plans??? I have to start Weatherspoon tonight, just to be safe, then would have McCarthy over Willis if PW cant play.

Willis wasn't ruled out until late last week and was seen without a wrap and walking without a limp on Monday.

However, the way the injury looked on the field and the reports of a Grade 2 strain make it likely that the all-but-assured #2 seed Niners won't push the usual timetable (3-4 weeks) with Willis.

If Willis plays this week (or next), I'll be very surprised.

Damn it! So I am down to McCarthy vs Indy, Von Miller v NE, and Kiwanuka vs Wash. None of those excite me like Willis v Pitts did.

I guess I got to lean to McCarthy, at least I know he is the man in the middle.

Need a strong night from Weatherspoon tonight. Would love a INT returned for TD or something BIG.

**** me. I need Patrick Willis this week. If he doesnt play do I go with Larry Grant, Daryl Washington, or Rey Maualuga? This will be my flex play so I guess I could also start Patrick Peterson.

I am already pretty set at starting Curtis Lofton and James Anderson for my LB #1 and #2.

Last edited by a moderator:
the all-but-assured #2 seed Niners
You said this here and on the podcast. The 49ers are 10-3. The Saints are 10-3. The 49ers play the Steelers this week, while the Saints play the vikings.How can one conclude that the 49ers are assured of a bye?

the all-but-assured #2 seed Niners
You said this here and on the podcast. The 49ers are 10-3. The Saints are 10-3. The 49ers play the Steelers this week, while the Saints play the vikings.How can one conclude that the 49ers are assured of a bye?
:bag: I'm an idiot. Not sure what I was thinking, forgot that the Saints only had three losses. My apologies. Still tend to doubt Willis plays until Week 17 -- similar to Andre Johnson -- at the earliest, but the Niners are definitely likely to have something to play for then.Willis did not practice again today, but the Niners are again holding out hope he'll play.Thanks for noting the error in the argument. :thumbup:

Rotoworld predicted he wasn't going to play this week. The D-coordinator said he was still rehabbing, and when he was healthy he would play.

I am in a tight spot. McCarthy plays a awful offense, Willis is out, Von Miller is playing a passing team and to make it all better, Weatherspoon got a grand total of 2 tackles Thursday, TWO!!!

I might as reach for the stars and start Miller, at least has the big play capabilities.

So is there ant new updates on Willis, I cant find a damn thing out there and its the day before the game. Willis says he hopes to play. Well I hope to bang Jessica Biel tonight, but we know THAT aint happening.

Anyways, do any of you have any info on Willis' status for week 16? I made it to the finals and need him, I dont want to play Weatherspoon again(2 solos last week).

any news for week 17 that would make me feel good about using Willis this week?

Weatherspoon has been awful the last 2 weeks, Von Miller has disappeared, Kiwanuka is down to little. I need my Willis back!!!

Users who are viewing this thread