What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dumb and Dumber...a sequel! (1 Viewer)

Walton Goggins

Footballguy
:thumbup:

LOS ANGELES -- Peter and Bobby Farrelly have wrapped their "Three Stooges" movie, and now they are gearing up to make another stooge tale, of a sort: a sequel to "Dumb and Dumber," starring the original film's Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.

The brothers have wanted to return to Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne for years, Deadline.com reported.

Sean Anders and John Morris will script the film. The pair also co-wrote "Sex Drive," which Anders directed, and co-directed Adam Sandler's yet-to-be-released "I Hate You, Dad."

Carrey has reportedly talked about the sequel recently, when he was promoting "Mr. Popper's Penguins."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/movies/farrelly_brothers_plan_dumb_jeff_8StqgpI4k22VHE6iYpug2N#ixzz1c0VPDfyp

Awesome...Also, Sex Drive was funny and 1 of the more underrated comedies of the last few years, so that doesnt worry me those guys are writing the screenplay. Interesting the Farrelly's arent at least co-writing though.

I hope this doesn't suck. The original is a top 10 comedy for me.
Even if this does suck, it will by no means make me love the original any less.
:lmao:The Longest Yard remake totally ruined the original.
That wasn't really the point I was trying to make - more like my expectations will be high for this one since they've got the principles back from the original and I hope they don't let me down. You know, like what happened with the last Indiana Jones movie.

That wasn't really the point I was trying to make - more like my expectations will be high for this one since they've got the principles back from the original and I hope they don't let me down. You know, like what happened with the last Indiana Jones movie.
You actually have high expectations when it comes to sequels? Aside from the Godfather II and Empire Strikes Back most of them totally suck.

You actually have high expectations when it comes to sequels? Aside from the Godfather II and Empire Strikes Back most of them totally suck.
:confused: Teen Wolf Too down?

T2 was pretty good. Wrath Of Khan.Most movies totally suck, whether they're sequels or not. Given the talent they've got lined up for this film, yeah I'm hoping for something good.

I can't believe how optimistic some of you are about this.

Dumb and Dumber was great because we weren't sick of Carrey's schtick yet. It's been a long time since the Carrey dip#### routine has been funny. He milked it up until "Irene", but really, it was all downhill after D&D. Now, he's almost 50 and has spent a decade racking up Kid's Choice Awards.

I actually have a little more faith in Jeff Daniels, but not much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe how optimistic some of you are about this.Dumb and Dumber was great because we weren't sick of Carrey's schtick yet. It's been a long time since the Carrey dip#### routine has been funny. He milked it up until "Irene", but really, it was all downhill after D&D. Now, he's almost 50 and has spent a decade racking up Kid's Choice Awards. I actually have a little more faith in Jeff Daniels, but not much.
Carrey seemed pretty bored of the dip#### routine himself in the mid 90's. He's taken more risks with his career than any other of the actor fetching $20 million a film. The only reason he accepts a project like this is probably because he wants to, not because his fans expect him to or he needs the money.Farrelly Brothers always come through.ETA: At his age though, he has become increasing hard to look at it. That rubber face really caught up with him.

I can't believe how optimistic some of you are about this.

Dumb and Dumber was great because we weren't sick of Carrey's schtick yet. It's been a long time since the Carrey dip#### routine has been funny. He milked it up until "Irene", but really, it was all downhill after D&D. Now, he's almost 50 and has spent a decade racking up Kid's Choice Awards.

I actually have a little more faith in Jeff Daniels, but not much.
Carrey seemed pretty bored of the dip#### routine himself in the mid 90's. He's taken more risks with his career than any other of the actor fetching $20 million a film. The only reason he accepts a project like this is probably because he wants to, not because his fans expect him to or he needs the money.Farrelly Brothers always come through.
only reason I'm optimistic

Was Jeff Daniels really pissed at Jim Carrey? He made some comments about never getting credit for his role, while Carrey got all the praise. It was hard to tell whether it was shtick though.

I can't believe how optimistic some of you are about this.Dumb and Dumber was great because we weren't sick of Carrey's schtick yet. It's been a long time since the Carrey dip#### routine has been funny. He milked it up until "Irene", but really, it was all downhill after D&D. Now, he's almost 50 and has spent a decade racking up Kid's Choice Awards. I actually have a little more faith in Jeff Daniels, but not much.
Carrey seemed pretty bored of the dip#### routine himself in the mid 90's. He's taken more risks with his career than any other of the actor fetching $20 million a film. The only reason he accepts a project like this is probably because he wants to, not because his fans expect him to or he needs the money.Farrelly Brothers always come through.ETA: At his age though, he has become increasing hard to look at it. That rubber face really caught up with him.
Yeah, Carrey's been great some of his more serious roles. It's just hard to believe they can pull this off.

Yeah, Carrey's been great some of his more serious roles. It's just hard to believe they can pull this off.
Watch the movie again if you haven't seen it recently.The Farrelly Brothers writing is 90% of why it's funny.

The scene where Harry and the girl are playing in the snow and she throws a little snowball at him and he retaliates viciously ending with him grinding her face in the snow kills me everytime.

Hoping this will be awesome.

Daniels was much funnier than Carrey in the original IMO. Also, I didn't think Lloyd was a typical Carrey character anyway. All of his In Living Color characters, Ace Ventura, The Mask, even the character in Liar Liar all had the contorted face thing and the "zany" voice and it all got real old real fast.

But he was different in D&D and i think that's a huge reason that one is a classic and the others haven't held up at all.

"WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!"

Daniels was much funnier than Carrey in the original IMO. Also, I didn't think Lloyd was a typical Carrey character anyway. All of his In Living Color characters, Ace Ventura, The Mask, even the character in Liar Liar all had the contorted face thing and the "zany" voice and it all got real old real fast.But he was different in D&D and i think that's a huge reason that one is a classic and the others haven't held up at all."WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!"
That's not fair. There are very few major actors that actually have range. Most play the same type of character their entire career.

Faster Times at Ridgemont High down?

WHO'S THE DEAD MAN THAT HIT ME WITH THE SALT SHAKER?? You going to eat that burger?

-uh, well sir, uh no, uh well yes, no, it crossed my mind, yes

:Looking out the window pointing at Harry:

So, you're saying there's a chance!!!!!!!!!

WHO'S THE DEAD MAN THAT HIT ME WITH THE SALT SHAKER?? You going to eat that burger?-uh, well sir, uh no, uh well yes, no, it crossed my mind, yes:Looking out the window pointing at Harry:
First thing I thought of is if they can get Cam Nealy to do Seabass again.

Users who are viewing this thread