What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter (1 Viewer)

Oh, but I haven't read the book, do you think I'll be missing much? By the guy that wrote "Pride and Prejudice. And Zombies" IIRC.

Oh, but I haven't read the book, do you think I'll be missing much? By the guy that wrote "Pride and Prejudice. And Zombies" IIRC.
There's an understated subtext to the novel based on the inner ruminations of Abe that will likely be hard to capture in a movie.

Tim Burton is producer of this film. Seth Grahame-Smith wrote the original novel. I guess Burton was so impressed that he is having him write Beetlejuice 2, which should be Burton's next project.

As I watched that, I was bothered by the fact that the Washington Monument was fully-constructed, even though it was not completed until well after Lincoln died.

...Then I remembered that the plot involves Lincoln hunting vampires, so, any historical inaccuracies can probably slide.

As I watched that, I was bothered by the fact that the Washington Monument was fully-constructed, even though it was not completed until well after Lincoln died....Then I remembered that the plot involves Lincoln hunting vampires, so, any historical inaccuracies can probably slide.
Movie starts with the "present-day" discovery of a lost Lincoln diary, presumably the DC shot used in the trailer was from that portion of the film. Trailer editors sometimes just say "We need a shot of DC in this!!" and just pull the first one they find in the footage without any sensitivity to how it works with the rest of the subject matter.

As I watched that, I was bothered by the fact that the Washington Monument was fully-constructed, even though it was not completed until well after Lincoln died....Then I remembered that the plot involves Lincoln hunting vampires, so, any historical inaccuracies can probably slide.
Lincoln being a vampire hunter is historically accurate, guy.

Indubitably. Saw this poster yesterday while at the theater for Safehouse. I don't care how dumb your last movie was or how bad some of the way too huge effects are, if you have historical viction starring a badass, axe masscre-ing Honest Abe and the trailer has Johnny Cash reading Bible verses... I'm in.

So wait, is this after Abe was assassinated and he has risen from the grave to hunt Vampires? or is this during his Presidency sorta as a hobby, like JFK shagged chicks on the down low?

So wait, is this after Abe was assassinated and he has risen from the grave to hunt Vampires? or is this during his Presidency sorta as a hobby, like JFK shagged chicks on the down low?
It's throughout his life. From the death of his mother to his assassination. The book actually took historical facts about the life and times Abe Lincoln and tied in a vampire story.

I'm in. Did a walking tour of New Orleans this past summer into an old home's courtyard - tour guide claimed that they shot a portion of the show there.

I think this book will be the next in my cue.

Between this and Iron Sky I don't think Hollywood should release any additional films in 2012 as a tribute to the obvious greatness of these two films. Additionally I believe Congress should mandate that these two films should be run in every theater, cable and broadcast network back to back 24/7/365 for one calendar year.

It's the only practical thing to do.

2 days...how are folks taking to the previews? I thought it would be campy but they seem to be serious. I was reading a review that said there were a lot of things about the Civil War most Historians do not know about :lmao:

I wonder how much this will make? More than $20m?

I know nothing about either the book or the movie plot-wise, but if it's something like Abraham Lincoln discovers Jefferson is really a vampire pimp that started slavery and he has to put an end to both, I may consider it.

I also find it hilarious that they got a Russian to direct. It's like asking Uwe Boll to redo Schindler's List or Michael Bay to do War and Peace.

This movie looks to me to be a massive failure. It would be one thing if they did it on the cheap, but it looks like they put a huge amount of scratch into it. Horror, in general, does not do well at the box office, unless it is truly scary. This just looks stupid.

The real Abe Lincoln movie, directed by Spielberg and starring DDL, I expect to be incredible though. I am sure it will make this look like a turd in my morning cookie crisp .

'meatwad1 said:
This movie looks to me to be a massive failure. It would be one thing if they did it on the cheap, but it looks like they put a huge amount of scratch into it. Horror, in general, does not do well at the box office, unless it is truly scary. This just looks stupid.The real Abe Lincoln movie, directed by Spielberg and starring DDL, I expect to be incredible though. I am sure it will make this look like a turd in my morning cookie crisp .
They are two different things a comparison is silly.

Users who are viewing this thread