What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hillary Clinton: “Don’t let anybody tell you that it's corporation (1 Viewer)

No, it's government that creates jobs, that's it. We need more government. We need to tax the rich more...those bast*rds. Bill & I were broke when we left the WH, but look at us now.

Vote for me and I'll make the whole country a village and we'll take care of each other. It'll be Utopia.

For all the Hillary v. Warren talk these two could not have more in common in-that they both are Disciples of the "do as I say not as I do" club...they made their money now it's time to give more of yours...

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's government that creates jobs, that's it. We need more government. We need to tax the rich more...those bast*rds. Bill & I were broke when we left the WH, but look at us now.

Vote for me and I'll make the whole country a village and we'll take care of each other. It'll be Utopia.
Jobs don't get created when you give tax cuts. All that happens if more money goes into bank accounts.

Her point was that cutting corporate tax rates hasn't produced the jobs that Republicans promised it would. That's been a Democratic argument for years. She may be right about this, but I would argue that we haven't slashed those tax rates enough to make any real impact. Also, everytime We have lowered the rates on corporations, we imposed new restrictions, new red tape that makes it harder for them to do business. Certainly Obamacare is a both a restriction and a tax increase on corporations.

Finally the question you always have to ask whenever a liberal speaks out against corporations: if they don't produce jobs, then who will?

Her point was that cutting corporate tax rates hasn't produced the jobs that Republicans promised it would. That's been a Democratic argument for years. She may be right about this, but I would argue that we haven't slashed those tax rates enough to make any real impact. Also, everytime We have lowered the rates on corporations, we imposed new restrictions, new red tape that makes it harder for them to do business. Certainly Obamacare is a both a restriction and a tax increase on corporations.

Finally the question you always have to ask whenever a liberal speaks out against corporations: if they don't produce jobs, then who will?
Did she mention taxes? It's always about spending in this debate, even the Democrats don't even seem to pretend they want to pay for anything anymore. - I think the point is the GOP is already trying to tie her to an extremely unpopular Obama.

No company is so altruistic that they will use extra cash to hire more people.

The only reason companies hire is that they lack manpower to meet production or customer demand.

Jobs don't get created when you give tax cuts. All that happens if more money goes into bank accounts.
THE HORROR!

No company is so altruistic that they will use extra cash to hire more people.

The only reason companies hire is that they lack manpower to meet production or customer demand.
well of course. Which is why we should want to increase their production. Will more taxes and restrictions help accomplish that?

and what do the banks do with that money?

Discriminate against minorities who are trying to purchase homes?

Discriminate against minorities who are trying to purchase homes?
i had no idea Maxine Waters had taken over your alias.

Hey guys corporations are hoarding money like crazy but if we give them even "more" tax breaks they'll magically start exploiting people less.

Corporations are people too. <sigh>
Tney're made up of people. The main problem with large corporations today is that they have to show their stockholders quarterly profits. Having to produce income every three months rather than over time is not inducive to innovation, to long term R & D of the sort that brings us positive change.

Even so, it's still going to be the Lockheeds of this country that deliver nuclear fusion to the world, and not our government. All the government can do is either help the effort along or hinder it. Why hinder it?

Anyhow, I suspect this is all political pandering to the a Democratic base. Hillary Clinton has certainly never shown herself to be anti-corporate. She is basically the poster child for a corporate-sponsored politician. She ought to wear a "brought to you by General Electric" sign on her forehead. NTTAWWT.

Steevo ‏@SHP1972 15m

Hoping one day @billclinton will be known as our first First Gentleman. #Hillary2016
who the #### is Steevo ? Is this some important tweet or something?
As important as changing a thread about Mitt Romney to Ickey Woods http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=717800&hl=
Your fascination with me continues
Says the guy who goes out of his way to bump my posts. :lol:

Well, if that was her point she is really stupid. You realize the last cut to corporate rates were under Reagan in 1986 when rates were cut from 46% to 35%, still one of the highest in the world. But somehow after that we had 20 years of unprecedented growth in this country. So if in 2014 Hillary is trying to make a point about a tax cut which happened 30 years ago about job creation today, it is not a very intelligent point.

Steevo ‏@SHP1972 15m

Hoping one day @billclinton will be known as our first First Gentleman. #Hillary2016
As important as changing a thread about Mitt Romney to Ickey Woods http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=717800&hl=
:shrug:

it was nonsensical posting a tweet from some ham & egger

and the circle continues

you are wrong

no you are wrong

And they meet up at the private club after they are done whipping their bases into a frenzy.

"you sure got em' today Hillary!"

"you will get them tomorrow Mitt!"

:hifive:

The problem with cutting taxes for the wealthy and big business owners is that it's not a lack of cash that is keeping them from hiring more people. They will take the tax breaks and invested in their own pockets. Tax cuts and breaks to the middle and lower classes actually cause that money to be re-injected into the economy.

Corporations have historically high levels of cash on hand. They are either meeting the current demand with current production or there is no strong growth and demand to necessitate a capital outlay it into jobs and production capacity.

Steevo ‏@SHP1972 15m

:shrug:

it was nonsensical posting a tweet from some ham & egger
It's not that they really want Hillary - they want Bill back. What does that say about Hillary (and from her own base, nonetheless)?

Nothing really

Nothing really
To add to this, a lack of deposits is not the problem in banks lending money (and thus stimulating the economy). Lack of loan demand to quality borrowers is.

In the most direct sense, employers create jobs. Many employers are corporations.

Going a bit deeper, customers of employers create jobs. Many customers of employers are also corporations.

Going deeper still, corporations are just ways that groups of individual investors, managers, and employees organize themselves. It's kind of stupid, IMO, to distinguish between corporations and individuals when it comes to creating jobs because corporations are made of individuals.

(Although to the extent that the corporate form makes it easier for individuals to invest capital that they'd otherwise keep under their mattresses, the corporate form itself does create jobs.)

Juxtatarot said:
Slapdash said:
timschochet said:

Nothing really
To add to this, a lack of deposits is not the problem in banks lending money (and thus stimulating the economy). Lack of loan demand to quality borrowers is.
What's really changed in America is that young adults are now suffocating under massive college debt. These used to be the key consumers. They were the ones getting married, having babies, buying homes to house their new families, and buying cars to drive their new families around. That's gone. Now young adults don't get married and still live at home, don't have kids, and drive a beater because they are too busy paying off their college debt to start their lives.

Corporations keep money in the bank because of lack of consumer demand. Banks don't lend because quality borrowers are scarce.

To fix the economy, we need to drive down the cost of a college education. Our current situation where we force young adult consumers to divert their earnings into paying off huge college loans for years is deflationary and unacceptable.

Since you guys are talking about college debt... I have a good job, with a paid off car but cannot get a home loan of any kind due to my outstanding college loans. I know there are many more like me even though I have quite a secure job and all.

Since you guys are talking about college debt... I have a good job, with a paid off car but cannot get a home loan of any kind due to my outstanding college loans. I know there are many more like me even though I have quite a secure job and all.
Oh, I see the problem - you should have been born into a rich family that could either have paid for your college or will co-sign your home loan. Get to work on that.

dont feel the least bit sorry for you. When you have children please teach them to livr within their means. just Because they really really really want to go to a school that costs 80 k a year, its probably not econimically wise if their degree is in history.

dont feel the least bit sorry for you. When you have children please teach them to livr within their means. just Because they really really really want to go to a school that costs 80 k a year, its probably not econimically wise if their degree is in history.
:lol: :lol: ok doosh.

Users who are viewing this thread